Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-05-2006, 07:17 AM   #41
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: tom brady whining again about "no respect"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brady12
But seriously, how many people here thought New England would make the Super Bowl or even the playoffs. after they were 4-4? Last year, who thought Pittsburgh would beat New England? I'm sure most of you, obviously you want to stay true to your team.. I can't remember, but wasn't New England the underdog vs St.Louis, and Philadelphia? He has reason to say these things, he may just say them too many times. I dont know if they were underdogs last year, but they were 14 point underdogs in 2001.
The Pats were big underdogs against the Rams - but were favored against the Eagles.

I think deep down most of the posters here realise that Brady is doing this for a good reason - its nothing to do with his own personal record.

BB wont let any team gain an advantage over the Pats - and all this disrespect nonsense being pedalled by the media this week (even though the Jags aren't buying it) has allowed them a perceived advantage.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:39 AM   #42
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Good QB's cost money, and, the Rooney's, up until a few years ago, didn't have it to spend. Now they have their stadium, their PSL's and their luxury boxes, the cash is rolling in, and they are spending it. Remember, Heinz Field is only 4 years old, and just 2 1/2 years later, the Steelers drafted a QB in the first round for the first time since 1980...that's not a coincidence...
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:55 AM   #43
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,618 Times in 2,864 Posts

to add on what suit said, donahoe has been with the bills for 5 years, so he was fored by the steelers in 99 or 00. at that time kordell was under the largest steelers contract. (donahoes work?) it was probably the coaches fault for sticking with him to long but he did bench their high dollar player. as for bringing someone in i think they thought they struck gold with tommy madoxx. the its hard to figure out the steelers front office cause it seems like all decisions are 33% the rooneys, 33% k. kolbert and 33% cowher. the company line has always been that on draft day it is 50-50 cowher/colbert. when things are good they all credit the other and when they go bad they all accept the blame. the new staduim deal brought alot of extensions and bonuses to players who had been there a while particularly on defense and kordell led them to the afcc game and had a pro bowl season. but the kordell/ tommy experience was short lived after that and they finally went out and got their high priced qb. i wanna say one of cowhers beefs with donahoe was being stuck with kordell. (in buffalo donahoe increaded team revenue but missed the playoffs every year.)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2006, 08:56 PM   #44
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

TOM BRADY: "I don't get any respect."

STEELERZGIRL: "Man up and grow up, you big crybaby! This is the NFL, not the playground!"

(walks away thinkin' how much I hate men who whine)
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote