Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #11
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: Nittany Lions, Come Out And Play!

Colt McCoy looked lost a couple years ago against the Buckeyes defense...

He looks pretty good a couple years later.

Give the kid a year as the starter, with an offense built around him, and we'll see...
Old 10-26-2008, 07:12 PM   #12
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

Its not going to get any better no matter what you may think. The only reason he didn't come to PSU is because he knew Joe Pa would have made him a LB......In a parallel universe he would have probably been a 1st rounder.....lol.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:06 PM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
Its not going to get any better no matter what you may think. The only reason he didn't come to PSU is because he knew Joe Pa would have made him a LB......In a parallel universe he would have probably been a 1st rounder.....lol.
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Like Tressel is some kind of idiot? He benched the QB who took him to a NC game for a LB imposter?

Dude, there are limits to the levels of ridiculous excuses I'll accept from PSU fans because they lost Pryor.

This one goes WAY past that....

The beauty of this statement is that it's "out there"...you made it public. So I can save it and you'll have to face the consequences later (maybe 2010, but waste not, want not).
Old 10-26-2008, 08:19 PM   #14
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,334 Times in 1,422 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Colt McCoy looked lost a couple years ago against the Buckeyes defense...

He looks pretty good a couple years later.

Give the kid a year as the starter, with an offense built around him, and we'll see...
thats the key right there........being a freshman, he's got nowhere to go but up.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #15
rbryan
Team President

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Bwahahahahahahaha!

Like Tressel is some kind of idiot? He benched the QB who took him to a NC game for a LB imposter?

Dude, there are limits to the levels of ridiculous excuses I'll accept from PSU fans because they lost Pryor.

This one goes WAY past that....

The beauty of this statement is that it's "out there"...you made it public. So I can save it and you'll have to face the consequences later (maybe 2010, but waste not, want not).
2010....lol....Hold on to that thought......You've left a lot of room to cling on to that hope. Maybe the Bunglers will be back on top by then and we can continue this on an OHIO board.....lol

In the meantime.....see ya in the BCS CG....We'll save Tress a ticket

Last edited by rbryan; 10-26-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:16 PM   #16
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

actually pryor can drop in performance next yr,, but i doubt he would drop....

y would joe pa make pryor into a lb???? not even at a decent weight to play that pos...

if psu can get to the NC, they should send a ticket to pryor .. that would be kind of funny

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 08:23 AM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Ridiculous. I've been nothing but respectful of PSU, and this is the kind of low rent reciprocation I get for that?

Pryor is 19 running someone else's offense. Remember, Boeckman was the starter this year, and the whole offense was geared around a pocket passer, NOT another Troy Smith. Pryor has all the skills to be a GREAT QB and you are drinking some kind of hater Kool Aid if you think not...

Also, THIS year was not what Pryor was recruited for, so why is it so bad for me to wait until he has a year or two under his belt to actually assess his performance and value to the team. What value did Clark have to PSU last year versus this year? Would have you called him a bust based on what he did last year?

Finally, here is my final take on the OSU/PSU game, and then I'm done with this (although I still very much do wnat them to win a NC, regardless of the level of class shown by some fans here).

PSU's offense is MUCH more explosive than OSU's. They are just flat-out better than the Buckeyes offensively. They have a better OL, a better scheme, and they execute better. HOWEVER, OSU's defense is far superior to PSU's. PSU can do everything, run, pass short and long, they have a running QB, and for the Bucks to hold them to 13 given all the adversity they faced with an inept offense was remarkable.

OSU also did themselves zero favors by lining up almost every 1st and 2nd down and running right into the teeth of a PSU defense that knew exactly what was coming. The line that "Pryor was measured and came up short" is interesting because, by that "logic", then Wells also sucks, because he was also basically not effective against the Lions D. But how could he be? Hell, Walter Payton wouldn't have done much better. The Buckeyes offense is one-dimensional and predictable. PSU was able to effectively totally sell out against the run almost every 1st and 2nd down, and the Bucks played right into that. PSU also executed well, so that helps them, but OSU is going nowhere fast until they open up a little and throw the damned ball down the field. Until they do that, defense will continue to stack the box against them and shut down (or slow down, depending on that D's talent level) the running game.

The level of competition both teams face the rest of the season is weak. Both should win out. There's no reason that OSU can't secure a bid in the Rose Bowl, maybe even facing USC in rematch., assuming PSU plays for the NC. There's still plenty to play for, but if the Bucks continue to just run the ball on early downs, they'll be just as effective against USC as they were against them the first time and against PSU.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:36 AM   #18
rbryan
Team President

What did you expect when you posted your pro Ohio State jibberish on a Pittsburgh Steelers board?? I'm guessing if I wanted to squawk about PSU on a Bengals or Browns board I would get the same kind of reaction.

I didn't post anything that was all that bad or any kind of personal attack against you. I was just busting your chops.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:00 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

A) To suggest that PSU doesn't care and was not effected by losing Pryor is patently absurd. He was the undisputed #1 HS recruit in the country, and a Western PA guy too boot.
B) To suggest that Pryor is a bust because he didn't have a great rushing game is also absurd.
C) Waiting until a college kid plays for 3 years to juge his impact is perfectly normal. I'd say 4, but in this case he'll almost certainly head to the NFL after 3.
D) Pryor was not recruited to take THIS 08 team to the NC game. He was recruited to take the 09-10 teams to the NC game.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #20
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i agree that u can't judge pryor as of this yr.. he is only a freshman, and truly out of how many freshman rly make an impact?? i mean u may have a couple there and there but for the most part freshman don't make huge impacts there first yr.

there is a lot of debate as to whether pryor was THE best player coming out of HS, since he is at a pos where all the glamour is... i rly don't look into that rivals rankings b/c it rly doens't mean anything

I'm still trying to find out y joe pa would of made him into a lb

and finally, i think that next yr pyror will be a way better passer, since he'll actually be able to find his 2nd and 3rd options

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote