Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #11
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: People jumping off of Big Ben's wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftoverhard View Post
Ben's not a mediocre QB. He's either awesome or he sucks. When he's good, everyone loves him and of course when he's bad, fans start freaking out. High risk, high reward. He's never gonna be perfect but at least he's exciting. His play relies on the team to play as one and sometimes that doesn't work. Yeah, I think he plays hurt too much but can you blame him? Every time a QB sits a game out they put their job at risk.
Don't forget Ben is a pro-bowler and has a super bowl ring, how many QB's in the league can say that?. I seriously doubt his job is at risk. Maybe a couple weeks off but there's noone on our roster better than him...Even when sometimes he plays hurt.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #12
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I hope everyone jumps off his bandwagon and the Steelers bandwagon and that the Steelers can move forward in obscurity - only to once again SHOCK THE WORLD come early February.
I never personally knew a Steeler bandwagoner (not saying they dont exist) but IMO once a Steelers fan allways a Steeler fan......
Old 10-28-2008, 01:04 PM   #13
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,391 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
I think it is his shoulder to be honest. But unlike Bradshaw (who would flail around like a fish out of water when he was hurt) Ben plays through it. I don't condone this but I do admire his desire to play.

But again Bradshaw did go 2 decades with a chip on his shoulder, and given the way he was treated I don't blame him, but again I think the STEELER fans have come to love him again, and he knows it.

If yu seen the tonight show (can't remember may have been last year) he admitted as such.
Bradshaw was as tough as they came. Bradshaw, like Ben, took a lot of undue criticism which is why he had that chip on his shoulder - it was caused by the same mentality that leads to idiots calling Ben "Big Pick Oafishburger" and the like after one bad game. Bradshaw's 60 years old now. He's mellowed.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:06 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Steelers QBs are never cut any slack whatsoever. There's a reason Bradshaw carried a very sizable grudge against Steelers fans in general for a good two decades after he retired. Same old, same old.
Sad but true. Steelers fans are particularly hard on their QB and the same shit, different era is happening with Ben. God forbid the guy has a bad game. I guess the Ben boo birds never have a bad day on the job, eh?

For all of the times Ben has pulled this team through a game almost singlehandedly and the fact that he has been playing in intense pain for the last several weeks, I think we can cut him some slack for his poor performance this past Sunday. I'd still take #7 any day of the week and twice on Sundays over any other QB in the league. Without a shadow of a doubt.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:11 PM   #15
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I think...I'll get on the Ben bandwagon and finally buy his Jersey. That'll be a good way to show my support.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

No one, of course, should be surprised that the "fans" are jumping off of Ben's wagon. For Steelers QBs, it's "perfection or the pine." There is no middle ground. Bad games are not tolerated in any way, shape or form, and the fact that they happen to the best of them doesn't matter.

(cue "We're not allowed to say a bad word about Ben or we'll get bashed by the 'clique'" posts in 3...2...1...)
Old 10-28-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

I can already tell people are jumping off of Ben's bandwagon after one bad game. Look at all these stupid "fans" that showed up after the loss and the loss in Philly. Now he's no good and a waste? Big Pick Oafishberger?

Peyton Manning threw six interceptions against the Chargers last year, and two pick 6's against the Packers last week. Ben had a bad day. It happens to everyone. The Great ones keep going while the bad ones continue to play bad.

We Steeler fans don't deserve his services. Geez.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #18
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
I never personally knew a Steeler bandwagoner (not saying they dont exist) but IMO once a Steelers fan allways a Steeler fan......
Bandwagoners jump on while they are good and jump off when they are bad.

When's the last time that you saw the Steelers being real bad?

Indy and NE might have some bandwagoners jumping ship, but I don't think any educated football fan believes that the Steelers had anything more than just a bad game against a darn good defense.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:29 PM   #19
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,391 Times in 506 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
No one, of course, should be surprised that the "fans" are jumping off of Ben's wagon. For Steelers QBs, it's "perfection or the pine." There is no middle ground. Bad games are not tolerated in any way, shape or form, and the fact that they happen to the best of them doesn't matter.

(cue "We're not allowed to say a bad word about Ben or we'll get bashed by the 'clique'" posts in 3...2...1...)
Beat me to it - either that or the alternate "we're about to get bashed by the Kool-Aid drinking cheerleaders who never see any fault in anything whatsoever."
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #20
steelwall
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfl2001fan View Post
Bandwagoners jump on while they are good and jump off when they are bad.

When's the last time that you saw the Steelers being real bad?

Indy and NE might have some bandwagoners jumping ship, but I don't think any educated football fan believes that the Steelers had anything more than just a bad game against a darn good defense.
I know what a bandwagoner is, I'm just saying I never seen a Steeler bandwagoneer. But as I said I'm sure they are out there.