Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-07-2006, 01:50 PM   #11
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: herm edwards a chief. parcells will stay

yeah, i respect Parcells a great deal, but ive never forgiven him for negotiating with the Jets during the 1996 Patriot playoff run. all that crap ruined what should have been a glorious time. And its interesting how Parcells has won 2 SB's, but other than the 1994 Patriots and 2003 Cowboys hes never been to the playoffs without Bill Belichick. Belichick meanwhile, has 3 SB's as a coach and been the DC with 2 others.
Parcells is 5 games over. 500 with Dallas, 10 over with the Jets, and was exactly .500 with the Patriots. 15 games over .500 over his last 10 years of coaching. Meanwhile, Belichick is 72-33 with the Patriots, including playoffs. So who do you think a Patriot fan thinks is the real genius?
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 01:56 PM   #12
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
yeah, i respect Parcells a great deal, but ive never forgiven him for negotiating with the Jets during the 1996 Patriot playoff run. all that crap ruined what should have been a glorious time. And its interesting how Parcells has won 2 SB's, but other than the 1994 Patriots and 2003 Cowboys hes never been to the playoffs without Bill Belichick. Belichick meanwhile, has 3 SB's as a coach and been the DC with 2 others.
Parcells is 5 games over. 500 with Dallas, 10 over with the Jets, and was exactly .500 with the Patriots. 15 games over .500 over his last 10 years of coaching. Meanwhile, Belichick is 72-33 with the Patriots, including playoffs. So who do you think a Patriot fan thinks is the real genius?
throwing out all the genius talk there is credence to that argument. parcells is a quitter if you ask me and im a little shocked he is gonna try and see this dallas thing through. i bet belichick is his replacement there when he finally hangs it up (like father like son )
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
3 to be 4
Team Owner

its one reason why the 2001 AFCC Game was so important to me. With that win Belichick got the Patriots as far as Parcells did and FINALLY all the Tuna talk in Boston could be put to rest. 5 years of the ghost of Parcells was very aggravating.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:26 PM   #14
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
its one reason why the 2001 AFCC Game was so important to me. With that win Belichick got the Patriots as far as Parcells did and FINALLY all the Tuna talk in Boston could be put to rest. 5 years of the ghost of Parcells was very aggravating.
i never liked tuna with the nfc and started to come around when he made the switch to the afc. of course i was and am a huge curtis martin fan and really liked ben coats, d. bledsoe, and t. glenn. what he did to the team was crap, though and i finally lost all interrest in them when they let c. martin go. tuna is just to wishy washy to really be likeable and he flopped when all the hype was placed on him based off his giants (with 'chick) success.

it also bugs me that parcells is talked about as such a great coach and an automatic 1st ballot hof er. yet there will always be questions about cowher cause he never won the big one. i think cowher is much better. and like previously stated parcells hasnt done more than cowher without 'chick. cowher has shown extreme loyalty to the fans and city too.

Last edited by tony hipchest; 01-07-2006 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-07-2006, 02:33 PM   #15
3 to be 4
Team Owner

the irony of sports:

the Patriot fans owe everything to Scott Norwood. Had the Bills won, Parcells is not a 2 time SB winner and maybe he doesnt get persued as hart by Orthwein in New England in 1992. Without the resurgance from Parcells and Bledsoe maybe Kraft doesnt buy the team and they move to St Louis. Without Parcells, Belichick never comes in as Asst Coach in 1996 and connects with Kraft. So none of this happens in New England.
In the meantime, Marv Levy is a SB winning genius. Jim Kelly is Tom Brady. And Norwood is Vinatieri.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
the irony of sports:

the Patriot fans owe everything to Scott Norwood. Had the Bills won, Parcells is not a 2 time SB winner and maybe he doesnt get persued as hart by Orthwein in New England in 1992. Without the resurgance from Parcells and Bledsoe maybe Kraft doesnt buy the team and they move to St Louis. Without Parcells, Belichick never comes in as Asst Coach in 1996 and connects with Kraft. So none of this happens in New England.
In the meantime, Marv Levy is a SB winning genius. Jim Kelly is Tom Brady. And Norwood is Vinatieri.
maybe the bills dont go 4-4 but i think they have a great chance if they have the confidince gained if norwood makes that kick. those bills were one of my favorite teams of all time. i think they have a great shot of beating the upstart cowboys if they go into that game 2-0 in sb's
Old 01-07-2006, 03:56 PM   #17
3 to be 4
Team Owner

I cant agree about Cowher being better than Parcells. If he wins a SB mmmaybe.