Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Gamer Chat

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 08-12-2008, 11:36 PM   #21
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365
Default Re: Stillers 'Chise

who has started their franchise for 09 yet?

ive already finished preseason (im waiting until i see my bro again so i can get his memory card so i can get the draft classes so i can advance to the regular season).

only 1 injury and was to Gary Russell, unfortuanetly he is out for the season, so i signed Justin Forsett and he fit right in and is one of my kick returners and punt returners. i even signed Byron Leftwich and really did have a open competition between batch and leftwich and batch beat him out. i also cut eddie drummond as he fumbled a couple of times on kickoffs and wasnt really effective when he did return it, and dropped it too many times at wide out. Sweed also struggled which forced me to drop him to fourth behind dallas baker and finally i named Timmons a starter over Foote

im also Washington in it jus so i can follow Colt Brennan's career, its too bad he had to play with the backups cause his numbers def suffered for playin with them
Old 08-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #22
fordfan485
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7210

I started my franchise. I had updated the roster and played the first 2 preseason games won both, couldn't find that new punter mitch burger cause he wasn't listed as a free agent. For some reason though when i simed to the regular season it cut paul ernster for some reason. Also it wont split carries between Parker and Mendenhall even though i set it to give them 50/50 in the coaching scheme setting. Thought it was cool how when i signed leftwich it automatically gave him the number 4 ( dunno if that was random or if it somehow knew). Also even though moore is set as the 3rd down back it still has parker in on third downs , the only time moore comes onto the field is if im running a 4 or 5 wide receiver set

Anyways here are my scores so far:

Week 1: vs Texans I won 66-7 . yea i blew them out of the water would have been a shutout if i didn't blow coverage with one of my safeties( and no it wasn't anthony smith )

The madden iq after that game was like 520 something

After that the game adjusted and it seems like every other pass play i throw turns into a interception

Week 2 Browns: I won 17-7

Week 3 Eagles: i lost 5-7. I think i threw like 6 or 7 interceptions this game , one of them i threw the pick and the other team caught it in the endzone and i tackled them for a saftey.
Also ben got a concussion in this game but he threw about half the picks

After that eagles game i got very frustrated and turned the ps3 off for the night.

Also did they get rid of challenging the play cause i cant find how i do it. also when i go to pick play type where are the special teams plays. maybe i wanna kick a 50yd fg and not punt the damn ball. I'm not liking the play selection screen i thought it was better in madden 07(had 08 for the pc but its more like 06 or 07 on the consoles)

Anyone else notice that it wont let you defer selection on the coin toss like the new rule lets you. Also one bug ive found with the ps3 version is if im letting madden recommend plays him and the announcers will be talking at the same time

on a second note there missing a bunch of hall of famers in the game like bradshaw and swann in the hall of fame section.
fordfan485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 11:12 AM   #23
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

I have 08 for ps2 and usually ifI sim the first season if I beat the Browns we are in for a good season. But if I lose means Bens throwing 20 ints. As for the draft I trade Faneca to the Jets for Mangold and takea CB 1st a Reciever 2 and Owen Schmitt 3rd if he is still avalable.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:51 AM   #24
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

I started my yearly Steelers franchise after the 09 rosters came out for Madden 08 PC. (yeah...PC...)

I think I'm in 2012 right now. I went 3 seasons without advancing past the first or second round of the playoffs, then I got hot and went all the way and beat the Rams on a last second touchdown pass. (amazing game, best I've ever played) Lost in the first round again the year after, and then I went to the super bowl again against the Giants. My D shut down ol' Eli for the big win. Just finished the next season. Lost 5-6 games, but won the division by a half-game over the Bungles....and lost to them in the first round. I'm back in preseason now. Trying to rebuild my O-line, gettin' kinda decrepit lately. lol
Old 10-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #25
Blitzburgh_Fever
Starter

Member Number: 7228

I can never play as the Steelers, because the computer usually seems to pick one skill player on offense and defense per game and makes them suck. So a few years back I found myself cursing Hines Ward for dropping the ball. I've played one season as the Steelers per Madden since but I never go farther than that.

Usually I end up creating my own team. I start out by going into Rosters in the main menu, taking a crappy team in a strong or similarly competitive like the Raiders, 49ers, Dolphins, Texans, or Eagles, releasing all their key players, signing the absolute worst Free Agents I can to their team from the FA pool so they can meet roster minimum (so I can release more players) until their best player is a 78 or 80 or so. Then I create my franchise, go into the game, and select that team to replace.

That way all these big name players are still in the league, and I get my own team. I also wait until Week 1 to sign any FA, to make sure I don't just end up with my created team + 22 players of whatever team I destroyed.

Great fun, I play on Custon settings with a Madden IQ of 707 (ranged from about 690-725). I don't like how this year EVERY pass is horizontal. It's more realistic, but I have to run the ball or go with short passes for three quarters before I get one SHOT down field, nevermind if he catches the ball (most of the time, for whatever reason, he just drops the ball).

My current 2012 (I think) Franchise, the Los Angeles Firebirds, has Felix Jones behind Clinton Portis (just signed Jones, Portis' last year on contract and can't afford to sign him), Limas Sweed, Demetrius Williams, and Mario Manningham at receiver (I released Sweed from the Steelers and gave them the Eagles best receiver), and Anthony Henry and a guy I drafted at corner. I also have DeMarcus Ware and LaMarr Woodley at OLB (released Woodley from the Steelers, gave them the best OLB from FA, who was pretty good).

Any of the guys above I got in FA, OR in the "Trade Block" section of the roster. IMO it's way too easy to select a 99 and trade a 1st, 2nd, and an ~90 guy for him, when realistic the Colts are never going to trade Manning. So I try to stay away from that or even trading for picks. I used to stack my team with picks, but you end up way over salary cap since they're all 1st rounders, and your team becomes the best team ever known by three years into the franchise.

Those are my real hot spots on my team. I simmed my first season and ended up like 6-10, but my crappy QB won RotY. I drafted a QB in the first, a Guard in the 2nd, a Tackle in the 3rd, and hit money on FB late in the draft. My Line has an 88 at C and my LT is an 84 iirc, but that's the worst spot. My two Guards and RT are just awesome, 90, 92, and 94 I think. Good line play is important this year.
Blitzburgh_Fever is offline   Reply With Quote