Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-28-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default KETTLE MEET POT

What an arrogant pathetic fu** billiprick is....

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...f_belichi.html

Bits of Belichick
Globe Staff October 28, 2008 12:26 PM
Patriots coach Bill Belichick held his regular Tuesday conference call and here were two points of interest:

1) Running back situation remains unknown. Belichick was asked if the Patriots would be going into Sunday's game at Indianapolis with just three healthy running backs, as was the case Sunday against the Rams. Belichick, who could have had competitive advantage in mind, said that remains to be seen. "I don't think we'll have a good feel on that until Wednesday," he said.

2) Peyton Manning and injuries in focus. When a questioner asked Belichick his thoughts on Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and how he's battled through injuries, Belichick responded by calling him a "great player" and detailed what makes him tough to defend (e.g. he makes all the necessary throws). Belichick had completed his answer and then was asked a different question. In his answer to the new question -- about the Patriots and Colts once again meeting in early November -- he stopped mid-sentence and said: "Going back to Manning for a second, if I'm not mistaken he hasn't been on the injury report all year, other than maybe one day right at the beginning of the season. I'm not really sure what injuries you're talking about. He hasn't been listed on the report all year, so I'm assuming he's not hurt." There seemed to be a message in those words from Belichick. The Patriots' injury reporting procedures are often discussed by media members, and it seemed as if Belichick was pointing out that other teams deserve some attention too. Manning missed all of training camp with a knee injury.
Old 10-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,773 Posts
Default Re: KETTLE MEET POT

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Belichick had completed his answer and then was asked a different question. In his answer to the new question -- about the Patriots and Colts once again meeting in early November -- he stopped mid-sentence and said: "Going back to Manning for a second, if I'm not mistaken he hasn't been on the injury report all year, other than maybe one day right at the beginning of the season. I'm not really sure what injuries you're talking about. He hasn't been listed on the report all year, so I'm assuming he's not hurt." There seemed to be a message in those words from Belichick. The Patriots' injury reporting procedures are often discussed by media members, and it seemed as if Belichick was pointing out that other teams deserve some attention too. Manning missed all of training camp with a knee injury.
And Dungy also hasn't carried him on the injury report every week for the last 3 seasons straight. I'd really love for this asshat to get submarined on the sideline like that fat slob Weis did earlier this year.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
STEELtownHAVOX
Starter

Member Number: 6464

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
And Dungy also hasn't carried him on the injury report every week for the last 3 seasons straight. I'd really love for this asshat to get submarined on the sideline like that fat slob Weis did earlier this year.
oh man, and Wise got jacked too.
STEELtownHAVOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #5
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,777 Times in 2,938 Posts

i wonder if brady will be on the injury report this week?
Old 10-30-2008, 08:21 AM   #6
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

I'm sorry for being so ignorant - just what is the significance of Bellichick constantly placing Brady on the injury report? Why do people get worked up about it? Brady goes out and plays regardless (until this year - hee) and I don't understand why it's a big deal. Anyone?
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:53 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyfish View Post
I'm sorry for being so ignorant - just what is the significance of Bellichick constantly placing Brady on the injury report? Why do people get worked up about it? Brady goes out and plays regardless (until this year - hee) and I don't understand why it's a big deal. Anyone?
It's against the rules. Of course, that's really never stopped that franchise before. This excerpt pretty much nails the title of this thread as well.

Quote:
The league's system is pretty straightforward - "probable" means there's a 75 percent chance of a player being ready to go on Sunday, "questionable" means 50 percent chance of playing, "doubtful" means 25 percent chance of playing, and "out" means out. Prior to the 2004 season, Commissioner Paul Tagliabue sent a memo to each team outlining tightened requirements on reporting injuries. He stated that teams needed to be more specific in their diagnosis, and issued a warning about the repercussions of falsifying information.

During Week 4, Atlanta's Michael Vick suffered a leg injury versus Minnesota. Falcons coach Jim Mora Jr. then listed Vick as questionable the following Wednesday, prior to Atlanta's Week 5 meeting with New England. However, Vick didn't suit up for the game against the Patriots, drawing the ire of New England coach Bill Belichick.

The belief in the Patriots locker room was that Mora was intentionally trying to deceive them. By forcing the Pats to game plan against the one-of-a-kind Vick, Atlanta believed it gained an edge (they lost, 31-28). Mora - in a moment of either total honesty or complete stupidity - came out and admitted that he cheated the system.

"It's just trying to preserve a competitive advantage," Mora told Atlanta reporters. "If I give them an edge that I don't need to give them, then I think that is counter-productive to what our goal is."

The league, after watching a coach blatantly ignore their rules and guidelines, did nothing.

In a not-so-subtle attempt to mock the NFL, Belichick listed 15 players as probable on the injury report before New England's Week 6 game at Denver. Among the players initially on the list were Richard Seymour and Troy Brown, neither of whom even traveled with the team. Belichick was being a tremendous baby and hypocrite, since he is notorious for manipulating and concealing information on his injury reports.
http://www.docsports.com/nfl-injury-report.html
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:14 AM   #8
Kittyfish
Bench Warmer

Location: A couple of hours north of Pgh - so close and yet so far...
Member Number: 5212

Ah, I get it now. I understood before that Bellichick was being an arse, but now I understand why he's an arse, at least in this context. Of course, there are many other contexts I have yet to understand...

Thank you, fansince'76, for taking the time and trouble to explain this to me.
Kittyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 08:26 AM   #9
steel striker
Banned

Member Number: 7251

Well you know what they say once a cheater always a cheater. Damn i hate those cheaters!
steel striker is offline   Reply With Quote