Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-03-2008, 11:14 AM   #41
max10
Water Boy

Member Number: 10526
Thumbs up activate jayson foster for KR and PR

I read another guys post on here about activating a player by the name of Jayson Foster for KR and PR and after watching a youtube video of him I have to agree they need to give this guy a shot on special teams. The youtube video was called Jayson Foster 4 Payton i think. He is on the steelers practice squad. They could use him on special teams and maybe create a steeler version of a wildcat formation to use once or twice in a game kind of like the way they used Kordell Stewart.
I read that Foster was on the Dolphin squad but they cut him, but they got rid of Wes Welker as well. Hey they could even use Dennis Dixon for a couple wildcat plays, more waisted talent sitting on the sideline.
max10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:55 AM   #42
dunkuntou
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 4780
Default Re: Cut Davenport, Sign Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Gonzo Jackson View Post
I think you are right. I noticed a tackle last week that looked like a promising return, but Anthony Smith just wiffed on his guy and let him slide inside for the tackle.

Gonna look at it more closely this week, but I dont think its scheme as much as the guys on the return team just dont look interested or take pride in making the block.
The blocking has been fine its the actual return guys who can't read blocks and react. Watch very closley tonight and you will see
dunkuntou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:15 PM   #43
max10
Water Boy

Member Number: 10526

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
i didnt even realize foster was on the practice squad with that speed. i say give him a shot.. some of the most dangerous kickoff returners in the league are small built running backs like MJD and darren sproles. trindon holiday in college. if our offense is going to stay in this funk, we might as well try improving field position and socring tds on special teams.

I totally agree, Foster has to much talent to not to give him a shot, besides I hate Holmes as a punt returner, am I the only one that remembers all of those fumbles when he returned punts in the past?, heck everytime he got the ball and started up the field I would close my eyes and repeat to myself hold onto the ball, hold onto the ball....lol
Holmes is our best receiver anyway why risk injury to him? I would rather see Mewelde Moore or Foster returning punts and Kick returns.
max10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #44
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Now that willie is back moore should be on both kickoff and punt returns

No need to activate a PS player unless there is an ijnjury

But it is a fact that blocking has to improve. so many returners and none has success? that's a blocking problem imo

I like what the redskins do though, have Randle El at punt returns and occasionally bring out Moss, and he can take it to the house like last week
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 03:39 PM   #45
CanadianSteel
Team Captain

Member Number: 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelMember View Post
Dookie seems to play the return the same way he rushes from scrimmage. He's a big guy with speed (not quickness, right gonzo), but as soon as he gets to the point of attack he slows down and shuffles his feet losing any momentum he might have had. Run fast and stop is not a move. Run fast and cut, or run fast some more. He dosen't hit the hole with any power or intent.

The blocking needs to improve, but as long as they're not turning it over starting at the 20-30...That's fine by me. Although, watching a long return is truely exciting. I wouldn't mind seeing to the Steelers pull one off once in awhile. A blocked punt too for that matter.
Agree that the blocking needs to improve as well, but we need someone who's speed is feared back there returning kicks.

And AEgonzo to "each there own" on opinions for sure... Dookie may have been in track and filed but his kick off return speed is just plain slow.... No way we should have to settle for a "safe" return to the 25 yard line and call that successful. Sure the blocking is likley a big part of it but with the current blocking a speed guy could sureley get as far as dookie and maybe break the off one to the 50....
CanadianSteel is offline   Reply With Quote