Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-04-2008, 12:04 AM   #1421
BlackAndGold4Ever
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 8179
Default Re: Steelers vs. 'Skins Game Day Thread 11/03/08

Colts nxt week lets go!

www.steelersinhoboken.com
BlackAndGold4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:14 AM   #1422
bfmcvs1
Water Boy

Member Number: 10507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines0wnz View Post
Hail to the Steelers!!

Pretty good game even though it started out ugly. Defense was dominant again. So many sacks so little time!

And Ben........... I hope is okay.
Mad props to you guys........The Steelers out played us in every phase of the game.

Your Defense is nothing but stellar, The offense was effective the enitre second half, special teams(minus PAT miss) was great.

Can't say enough about you team. Great game. If people didn't believe it before tonight and with that defense yall are one of the elite teams in the league and in my opinion the best in the AFC.

Good luck the rest of the way!
bfmcvs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #1423
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Great game... The D was awesome!!! Lets take it to Peyton next week.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:29 AM   #1424
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfmcvs1 View Post
Good luck the rest of the way!
Good luck to your team the rest of the way also. Keep the 'Boys in the division basement where they belong!
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:45 AM   #1425
gster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7712

Just a note on the 12th man - it honestly looked as though it was 50-50 split in the stadium between Steelers fans and Skins, and I've seen Steelers fans all over DC this weekend (including a gang of about 20 outside the White House). They did an excellent job of neutralising or at least reducing homefield advantage for Washington.
gster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:20 AM   #1426
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

I just got home from this game - WHOOHOOO!!! There were SO MANY Steelers fans in attendance, it would have warmed your heart We got there early - the Redskins fans seemed slightly stupefied at the Steelers Nation turnout. In a stadium of 90,000+ I'd say about 35 to 40% were Steelers fans EASILY.

After we got that blocked punt, the cries went up - and all up in the stands we sang: HERE WE GO, STEELERS - HERE WE GO! We drowned out the home crowd LOL The Redskins fans were outnumbered - they tried to retaliate with Hail To The Redskins but Steelers Nation is way stronger.

There were so many Steelers fans around me that I think alot of the Redskins fans were just appalled. They started leaving here and there - but in the second half they started leaving in droves buh BYE! I heard so much smack from the Skins fans in my office last week. I can't WAIT to go back to work on Wednesday. I liked walking outta there with my head held high, fist bumping random Steelers fans on the way out and cheering our team. It was the bomb

~Sig created by SteelDuck~

Last edited by GutterflowerSteel; 11-04-2008 at 10:42 AM.
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #1427
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
I just got home from this game - WHOOHOOO!!! There were SO MANY Steelers fans in attendance, it would have warmed your heart We got there early - the Redskins fans seemed slightly stupefied at the Steelers Nation turnout. In a stadium of 90,000+ I'd say about 35 to 40% were Steelers fans EASILY.

After we got that blocked punt, the cries went up - and all up in the stands we sang: HERE WE GO, STEELERS - HERE WE GO! We drowned out the home crowd LOL The Redskins fans were outnumbered - they tried to retaliate with Hail To The Redskins but Steelers Nation is way stronger.

There were so many Steelers fans around me that I think alot of the Redskins fans were just appalled. They started leaving here and there - but in the second half they started leaving in droves buh BYE! I heard so much smack from the Skins fans in my office last week. I can't WAIT to go back to work on Wednesday. I liked walking outta there with my held high, fist bumping random Steelers fans on the way out and cheering our team. It was the bomb
i was there too, there were some sections that were jus about all Steeler fans. Every Redskin fan i ran into were talking SO MUCH crap, 'AFC SUCKS' and some things that i cant repeat here, by half jus bout all of them were dead silent

Great game by the Steelers, especially their D. That was my first Monday Night game and it was def the best football game ive gone too.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:56 AM   #1428
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by GutterflowerSteel View Post
The Redskins fans were outnumbered - they tried to retaliate with Hail To The Redskins but Steelers Nation is way stronger.

awesome

hope you had a great time
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:04 AM   #1429
GutterflowerSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1261

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
awesome

hope you had a great time
Thanks - it was a kickASS display of Steelers power. The Skins announcer kept trying to get their crowd into it - but whenever their offense was up, the Terrible Towels started waving and we made one HELLUVA lotta noise. They even pathetically tried throwing some white towels into the stands for their fans - pffffft - silly.

After every good play, we were all high fiving each other, fist bumping and making all kinds of noise. The fans truly ARE the best in the league, without a doubt. People were buying me drinks when they found out it was my first game - good thing I didn't have to drive!

Now I can't wait to make the mecca to Heinz Field

~Sig created by SteelDuck~
GutterflowerSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:24 PM   #1430
gster
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7712

my first game too.... couldn't have picked a better one really! :)

I finally feel like a proper Steeler fan now that I am the proud owner of a Terrible Towel :)
gster is offline   Reply With Quote