Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-04-2008, 12:23 AM   #151
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976
Default Re: Moore still attractive as Parker returns

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Against the colts next week, both willie and moore should have their chances to run against that pitiful run D

Could help if ben is out....
Should, but won't. There seems to be an unwritten team rule now that the Steelers shall use one running back and stick with him the whole game, regardless of whether he's doing any good or not. Mark my words: Unless he gets hurt, it'll be Parker all game whether he does well or sucks a fat one.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #152
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
He did OK, but that was about it. Basically, he got 30 fewer rushing yards than Moore has been getting with the same number of carries, and zero receiving yards. It was our worst rushing output since the Philly game, for that matter. It turned out all right, and I guess he deserves a little bit of a break for coming in off of a long layoff. But it certainly wasn't an upgrade over what we've been doing.

What really pissed me off was that sure enough, for the most part, we were right back to our idiotic Parker-or-nothing playcalling. Sure, we used Moore more often than we've used any other second running back for about three years, but that wasn't all that much. We do not need to dial him down to that extent.

Remember when we had both Bettis and Parker on the same team? THAT'S how you use two good running backs. You don't just insist on sticking with one and give the other 4 predictable carries a game.
Um... Moore got his yards against a HORRIBLE D in Cincy. .

Willie got his yards against a VERY GOOD D.

No comparison.

I don't mind giving Parker all the carries tonight. He needs to get back up to speed real fast (no pun intended). But down the stretch, yes, the runs need to be spread out. MeMo should get some more touches.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #153
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$

Member Number: 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Um... Moore got his yards against a HORRIBLE D in Cincy. .

Willie got his yards against a VERY GOOD D.

No comparison.

I don't mind giving Parker all the carries tonight. He needs to get back up to speed real fast (no pun intended). But down the stretch, yes, the runs need to be spread out. MeMo should get some more touches.
Hey, Moore did just as well against the Giants -- slightly better, actually -- and their even stronger defense. Willie certainly didn't outclass him with last night's performance; if anything, he fought to a draw, and that's being generous. 70 yards and 3.3 YPC is just barely passable if you're getting all the carries, and I don't care whose defense you're going up against. Even the '85 Bears gave up more yards than that half the time, and our own Steel Curtain teams actually allowed more than that in the vast majority of their games.

So I don't buy the good defense/bad defense argument, except that it sometimes explains why a guy didn't have a 150-yard night. I saw Parker out there, and he wasn't exactly the strength of the offense last night either. He wasn't instrumental in any of our TD drives, which were the result of a turnover and some smart, opportunistic passing plays by Leftwich.

Sorry, but all Parker did was play just well enough to avoid it being labeled a bad game.
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:11 PM   #154
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
So I don't buy the good defense/bad defense argument, except that it sometimes explains why a guy didn't have a 150-yard night. I saw Parker out there, and he wasn't exactly the strength of the offense last night either. He wasn't instrumental in any of our TD drives, which were the result of a turnover and some smart, opportunistic passing plays by Leftwich.

Sorry, but all Parker did was play just well enough to avoid it being labeled a bad game.
Its really getting old man.

If you ask me, the block Parker did for Leftwich on the pass to Nate and the TD run a few plays later look "instrumental" to me on that TD drive. If anything, the O-line tends to play better in the 2nd half and that is when Parker was a little more productive.

Steelers-Skins highlights