Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 05:36 PM   #71
OneForTheToe
Living Legend
 
OneForTheToe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 3,360
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Ok,

Cheer for PITT to win out.
Chear for Oregon State to win out, cause then they are officially the Pac 10 Champ. Meaning, USC can't go to the title game even with one loss.
Cheer for Florida State to beat Florida and for Auburn to beat Bama, then have a 2 loss Florida team beat a 1 loss Bama team in the SEC title game.
Cheer for Mich State to beat PSU for a 2nd loss
Then, Cheer for Missouri to win the Big 12 title game.
Then, Cheer for FSU to lose the ACC title game to a 3 loss Miami team.

So then we'd have a 3 loss Oregon State Pac 10 champ.
We'd have a 3 loss Miami as ACC Champ.
a 2 loss Missouri team as Big 12 champ.
a 2 loss Florida team as SEC Champ.
a 2 loss Ohio State as Big 10 Champ
and a 2 loss Pitt team as Big East champ.

Now...pick your National Title game!

what if? Boise State at 12-0 vs Utah at 12-0 (if they win the Holy War vs BYU)

HA HA!

That'll blow up the BCS for sure!
Wow, you might have to diagram that for me.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:46 PM   #72
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Ok,

Cheer for PITT to win out.
Chear for Oregon State to win out, cause then they are officially the Pac 10 Champ. Meaning, USC can't go to the title game even with one loss.
Cheer for Florida State to beat Florida and for Auburn to beat Bama, then have a 2 loss Florida team beat a 1 loss Bama team in the SEC title game.
Cheer for Mich State to beat PSU for a 2nd loss
Then, Cheer for Missouri to win the Big 12 title game.
Then, Cheer for FSU to lose the ACC title game to a 3 loss Miami team.

So then we'd have a 3 loss Oregon State Pac 10 champ.
We'd have a 3 loss Miami as ACC Champ.
a 2 loss Missouri team as Big 12 champ.
a 2 loss Florida team as SEC Champ.
a 2 loss Ohio State as Big 10 Champ
and a 2 loss Pitt team as Big East champ.

Now...pick your National Title game!

what if? Boise State at 12-0 vs Utah at 12-0 (if they win the Holy War vs BYU)

HA HA!

That'll blow up the BCS for sure!
Pitt will lose to at least 1 of the last 3 teams they play against.

Penn State doesn't lose easily at home. So I wouldn't bank on it. Especially if they don't play like they did against Iowa.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #73
Steeler in Carolina
Team President
Supporter
 
Steeler in Carolina's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 2,374
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1634
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

That would be a great outcome if it comes true. Bosie St is going to get screwed out of a BCS bowl this year and that is a shame.
Steeler in Carolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #74
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Why would PSU want to duck USC?

As an OSU fan, I'm DYING for a rematch with the Trojans. Hiding from the best team available is a cop-out...

Any team.
Anywhere.
Any time.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 03:15 PM   #75
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Why would PSU want to duck USC?

As an OSU fan, I'm DYING for a rematch with the Trojans. Hiding from the best team available is a cop-out...

Any team.
Anywhere.
Any time.
I want a match up with them if I can get it.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #76
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend
 
Dino 6 Rings's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkansas (formerly New Jersey)
Posts: 8,248
Gender: Male
Member Number: 6891
Thanks: 17
Thanked 57 Times in 32 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
We would need Southern Cal to lose at least one more game too. There's no rule saying you have to win your conference--it's just an argument against you. That scenario could end up with Southern Cal against a one-loss Big XII South team in Miami.
Really? I thought after Oklahoma 2003 when they lost to Kansas in the Big 12 title game but still went to the title game that the rule was changed to disallow a conference champion loser from going to the title game.
__________________
SuperBowl Wins - How many does YOUR team have?
Steelers 6, 49ers 5, Cowboys 5, Packers 4, Giants 4, Redskins 3, Raiders 3, Pats 3, Broncos 2, Dolphins 2, Colts 2, Ravens 2 Bears 1,Jets 1, Bucs 1, Rams 1, Chiefs 1, Saints1
Dino 6 Rings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 08:55 PM   #77
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 3,140
Member Number: 547
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Really? I thought after Oklahoma 2003 when they lost to Kansas in the Big 12 title game but still went to the title game that the rule was changed to disallow a conference champion loser from going to the title game.
Never heard of that. After 2003, they dropped SOS and quality wins from the formula and increased the weight of the polls, because that favored Southern Cal and its joke of a schedule.

They also switched the calculation so that it was your percentage of possible points instead of your rankings. In other words, instead of getting 2 points for being ranked second or 3 for being ranked third, they gave you 25 points for each first place vote, 24 for each second place vote, etc. and your score was total points divided by what a unanimous #1 would have.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:13 PM   #78
OneForTheToe
Living Legend
 
OneForTheToe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Steeler Nation
Posts: 3,360
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2408
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Well, the muckiness begins. Tech is getting destroyed. So, now if Alabama loses tofFlorida we have only two undefeated teams in the top ten, neither of which will get to play for the National Championship.

Gota luv college football.
OneForTheToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:07 PM   #79
Makaveli
Banned
 

Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 188
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5998
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

"Longshot" in the dark here,...but let's say OK State beats OSU, Florida State beats the Gators and then the Gators destroy Alabama ?
Makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #80
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Official cheer for things that muck up the BCS thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaveli View Post
"Longshot" in the dark here,...but let's say OK State beats OSU, Florida State beats the Gators and then the Gators destroy Alabama ?
Texas USC
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts