Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-22-2008, 12:33 PM   #11
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519
Default Re: Healthy Miller keys victory

Hell yeah it was great to see Miller get more involved in the O. Now with Spaeth coming along nicely and our deadly WR's Ben's got a plethora of weapons to keep the chains moving!

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 01:05 PM   #12
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

I'll say this again, Heath IMO IS the best TE in the NFL....The guy is a MONSTER out there....He has INCREDIBLE hands, ya got love the YAC when they get him the ball, he blocks with the best of them when it comes to TE....Every single game they should try and get the ball in his hands around 7-10 times, HE'S THAT DAMN GOOD.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 11:50 PM   #13
steelersfan77
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10585
My Mood: Busy

Couldn't agree more. Miller has some of the softest hands for a tight end in the league. He also runs great routes and does his part with some pretty good quickness after the catch. Oh and on top of that he's also looking for the contact when it comes to those db's.

Sometimes I wonder how much credit he would get from the national media if he was thrown to more. I've always thought Arians should split him out wide at times to create mismatches more in the way of stretching the field. Kinda the way with Witten, Gates, etc.
steelersfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 12:33 AM   #14
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,157 Times in 3,479 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
Miller is a very underrated TE. I knew from watching him his rookie year that he was something special. He's got great hands and is an excellent blocker.

When he is properly utilized, we win.
in his rookie year, he was on pace to break or atleast tie antonio gates record for TE td's in a season (until ben got hurt midway).

they got back on track vs the colts in the playoffs and a SB ring followed.

the steelers will need to do with him, what they did with polamalu in order to keep him. i doubt he will be the highest paid TE, but by the time his contract is due, he will be worth about $4.5 mil more a year.

a team like green bay will have all the cap in the room and no problem making him the highest paid TE on a 5-6 year deal.

heath and james harrison are perfect examples of where the steelers should re-negotiate players contracts with more than 1 year remaining on their contract.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #15
MillerMania83
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10437

I TOTALLY AGREE tony, the Steelers should ABSOLUTELY being starting negotiations with Miller and Harrison to lock them up so that they will in black and gold for their entire NFL career, cuz they are THAT DAMN GOOD....IMO they are 2 of the best at what they do in the league, IF NOT THE BEST at what they do in the league, and when you are that good ya just don't let those kinds of players walk out the door....LOCK THEM UP NOW.
MillerMania83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:16 PM   #16
chucoblack&gold
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9467

I've never understood why calls are not called his way as much............... HEATH OWNS THE MIDDLE!!!!
Old 11-25-2008, 12:41 PM   #17
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
heath and james harrison are perfect examples of where the steelers should re-negotiate players contracts with more than 1 year remaining on their contract.
I totally agree. I would love to see us redo contracts for Heath Miller and James Harrison in the off season. Probably won't happen, but they are big keys to us offensively and defensively. IMO Heath Miller has the best hands out of our WR and TE group. Great to get Heath back healthy. Time to get him and Spaeth the ball more. They could kill the middle of the field on any defense. Also, I truly believe that when you talk about blocking and catching the ball Heath Miller is easily the best all around TE in the entire NFL.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote