Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-24-2008, 05:08 AM   #31
jdsdaguy
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 6102
Default Re: The Home Stretch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
The Titans have 5 wins against teams that are .500 or better vs the Steelers who have only 2. And even the Patriots have 4 wins against teams .500 or better. But I still agree with you in a sense, which is all the more reason we need to go at least 3-2 to finish up the season because in all honesty, Tennessee and the Cowboys are over-rated, thePatriots don't have their #1 quarterback and Baltimore and Cleveland in no way have a better team than us.
when these games were played, these teams were not playing well, and most of these teams still aren't playing well. the titans have the softest schedule i've seen in years. they don't and haven't played good ball all year. i really think if they do win a few more games this season and make it to the playoffs, thyey won't last long. if they do get a first round bye, they'll loose in the div game. i think your comparing apples to oranges. any fool except the idiots on tv could see their loss coming. and collinsworth was on the money when he crowned the jets yesterday.....NOOOT!!! i'm no exspert, but sometimes these idiots on tv make me feel like one.
jdsdaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 05:34 AM   #32
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsdaguy View Post
when these games were played, these teams were not playing well, and most of these teams still aren't playing well. the titans have the softest schedule i've seen in years. they don't and haven't played good ball all year. i really think if they do win a few more games this season and make it to the playoffs, thyey won't last long. if they do get a first round bye, they'll loose in the div game. i think your comparing apples to oranges. any fool except the idiots on tv could see their loss coming. and collinsworth was on the money when he crowned the jets yesterday.....NOOOT!!! i'm no exspert, but sometimes these idiots on tv make me feel like one.

It seems as though the "talking heads" crown a new "best team" every couple of weeks. You're right, they don't know anymore than we do. The sad part being that they GET PAID FOR IT!
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 09:45 AM   #33
BozMan
Starter

Member Number: 3027

Steelers are in a tough spot here. We got absolutely NO help this weekend.

Playing Baltimore @ Baltimore is always a tough game. We always play like crap there for some reason. When did we last win there? 2002?

The Dallas and Cleveland games at home should be wins. Both those teams will bring their A-games, so neither of those are gimmes.

All 3 road games will be tough but winnable games. The D will do their part. The Steelers will do as well as their O plays.

Hopefully Willie is ready to play. If he's not getting it done, I hope Tomlin and Arians do not hesitate to put Moore and/or Russell in. They seem at times to have too much loyalty to starters.

And yeah, the blown game against Indy really hurts right now.
BozMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:12 AM   #34
NYC SteelersFan
Banned

Member Number: 10612

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsdaguy View Post
The comparison is definitely not 100% accurate but it's definitely not apples and oranges either. The fact still remains that we lost both games to the 2 best teams we played on our schedule so far. The Colts and Giants are both going to the playoffs and we did a great job of acting like lawn chairs the way we folded against both. The only "possible" playoff bound team we have beeaten is the Ravens and that game was way too close. The best team we've beaten is the Redskins and they are not that good. But I'm confident we go 4-1 to finish the season barring a return from Willie Parker or an increase in dispicable play calling by BA.

You think you have it bad with the media? I live in NYC, these idiots on the local news are ranting and raving about a New York Superbowl. And the FFF (Favre Fellatio Festival) is starting to kick back into high gear on ESPN and ever where else. I'm trying to figure out which team is more over-rated.
NYC SteelersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #35
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
And the FFF (Favre Fellatio Festival) is starting to kick back into high gear on ESPN and ever where else.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 12:56 PM   #36
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

The next 4 games will tell us a lot about our team. While it is very brutal I think it only helps strengthen us for the playoff run. No question we will be tested both offensively and defensively. I truly believe we will be ready for the big tests coming up.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote