Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-25-2008, 03:35 PM   #11
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Injury update 11/25/08

Just more carries for Russell and the tough yards will be gained pounding the ball into the middle to eventually open up the play action pass against the 2nd worst secondary in the nfl.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
steelpride12
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 5713

Townsend Doubtful and B-Mac out is my biggest concern against the pass happy Pats.
steelpride12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
The Duke
Living Legend

Member Number: 4800

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelpride12 View Post
Townsend Doubtful and B-Mac out is my biggest concern against the pass happy Pats.
BMac was apparently ready last week but my guess is they didn't want to risk him

At this point I'd say he is more likely to play than townsend
The Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #14
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

I think I read somewhere that BMac was going to play
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

i would like 2 know if parker is gonna play.. in ff world... i think that moore and russell and davis would do just fine

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:51 PM   #16
fdp
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7697

Steelers Notebook: Parker might be out Sunday
Swollen knee makes him questionable for game against New England
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Halfback Willie Parker has swelling in his left knee and coach Mike Tomlin listed him as questionable to play Sunday for the Steelers at the New England Patriots.

Parker left in the third quarter of the game Thursday against Cincinnati after he pulled up out of bounds after a 15-yard run.

Mewelde Moore will start at halfback if Parker cannot return.

Cornerback Bryant McFadden could return to play; Tomlin also listed him as questionable. McFadden has not played since his right forearm was broken Oct. 19.

Tomlin listed cornerback Deshea Townsend as doubtful with a hamstring injury that has caused him to miss the past two games, and offensive left tackle Marvel Smith is "status quo," not a good sign since Smith has missed the past six games with a back problem.

The coach confirmed that defensive end Brett Keisel will miss the New England game with a sprained MCL in his left knee and may miss two more games after that.
No full endorsement

Mitch Berger was not given a ringing endorsement the day Tomlin released him in favor of Paul Ernster, and it was not the case again just because Berger is back in place of Ernster.

Apparently, the tipping point for re-signing Berger is his ability to hold for kicker Jeff Reed.

"Mitch, when we made the decision to go to Paul, I characterized it as not up to snuff," Tomlin said. "Obviously, not up to snuff is relative. We're glad to have Mitch back.

"The reason you go back to him is continuity. Jeff is having an awesome season, has been very consistent for us. When you bring in a guy like Mitch, who's got experience with him in the holding category, it weighs into your decision. Hopefully, it continues to be an effective element of our game. I'm talking about place-kicking, and Mitch will be a big part of that. We'll need Mitch to do a quality job punting as well."
Just being Anthony Smith

Just when everyone thought Anthony Smith could not top his guaranteed victory call against New England last season, he came close.

Smith was torched for two long touchdown passes as the starting safety in the Steelers' 34-13 loss at New England last season. It came days after he guaranteed a victory.

Oops, he's at it again.

"If they ask me again, I'll say the same thing," he told the Indiana Gazette after the game Thursday night.

"We're the No. 1 defense. If we play like we've been playing, and our offense comes around and has a good game, and we're clicking on all cylinders, we're going to win the game."

Smith no longer is the first safety into the game for injuries. That job belongs to Tyrone Carter. Smith has played in all but one game this season, mostly on special teams.

Tomlin, asked yesterday if that game affected Smith's career, replied:

"You'd have to ask Anthony that. I'm not going to use that game as a turning point or benchmark for anyone or anybody. His career is his career."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08331/930838-66.stm
fdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 01:44 PM   #17
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Can everyone please just leave Anthony alone? Seriously, they're trying to make something of out nothing there.

Parker needs to sit, or maybe come in and spell Moore. Enough of this "one guy's in the entire game and run his wheels off" mentality.

If B-Mac is healthy that would be a HUGE boost to our secondary. He could possibly cover Welker, leaving Troy to be Troy.

Kiesel, wow, what does it take to knock him out for the season? Pretty tough guy...almost as much as Aaron Smith...