Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-04-2008, 10:42 PM   #51
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560
Default Re: O-line rains on Pats, lack of credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC SteelersFan View Post
I have never met you and yet I can say completely genuinely, I don't like you. You get on my nerves and I if I could take a shit inside your mouth I would. You are a smug, condescending man, with nothing but smug and condescending remarks. You are a classic case of "I am the smartest guy on forum". A classic, "I'm going to prove how smart I am by offering no real constructive argument, just simply make some snippy little comment and throw in some witty sarcasm to prove that I am smart and everyone else is stupid" complex. Acting as if you have first-hand, inside information to everything that goes on and the rest of us are all just idiots who are guessing our thoughts and information, who you must teach and put in our proper place by attempting to humiliate and make yourself seem god-like in your knowledge by acting as if all that comes out of your shitty mouth is fact. Please don't respond to my posts anymore and I wont respond to yours.
Dude!!! That was Awesome!!!
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 AM   #52
Steelers & I
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 10560

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
This is ridiculous and circular. You guys are going to spin the stats however you like to place the blame on your 'goat, Bruce Arians.

I think the bottom line is this: Arians tries to be as creative as possible given that he's had a banged up oline (which wasn't great to begin with...and, yes, they were good run blocking last year, but lacking in pass protection) to work with, has had to simplify the offense a couple of times (his offense is predicated upon complex WR crossing routes that take time to develop), and lacks a heavy-hitting power back upon which to shoulder the late game load.

We wear teams down to an extent, but it's stupid for us to expect to be able to line up and become one-dimensional with a less than stellar OL and no power back.

You guys just cherry pick that which makes Arians look bad, and ignore his strong suits. The fact is he's taken a team that is weak up front and IN SPITE of that, and some pretty average offensive rankings, found a way to score enough points to produce wins in 75% of the games we've played.
Yeah right, like the 11 points that the Steelers put up on the Chargers? Boy, that was an offensive show. Give me a break with that BS.

This team is 9-3 IN SPITE OF ARIANS! It's the Steelers #1 rated DEFENSE that has WON MOST of the games.
Steelers & I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:37 AM   #53
El-Gonzo Jackson
Living Legend

Member Number: 8264
Thanked 2,192 Times in 1,081 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

The Steelers have always run a pretty basic offense, and Arians O is anything but....
I dont think I would categorize any NFL offense as Basic, but Arians offense doesnt seem that elaborate. He runs plays up the middle, off tackle, draws, flanker screens, play action, quick slants and takes shots deep now and then. He doesnt run many RB screens, pitches or tosses or FB leads and has never run the pony backfield that was talked about in the offseason.

That bunch formation he runs is nothing elaborate....back in the days of political incorrectness it was referred to as the "three Indians formation". I think the posters are mocking the results......not his overly complicated offense.
El-Gonzo Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 09:05 AM   #54
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Agreed. My kids Parochial High School has more elaborate plays then that.