Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 12-05-2008, 03:56 PM   #101
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458
Default Re: Dallas fan here-I know it's early, but...

Roy11 has a foot injury, and sat out of practice today. He injured it last week against Seattle, but it looks like he'll be fine, and they're resting him today as a precaution(I think).

Quote:
Cowboys receiver Roy Williams has been added to the team's injury report. Williams is probable for the game on Sunday with a right foot injury. He did not practice on Friday.

On Thursday during practice, Williams was having trouble with his foot and sat out briefly to change his set of cleats. The foot was slightly injured in the game against Seattle but had not kept him out of practice until Friday.

- Rick Herrin

Posted at 02:43 PM | Permalink | Comments (0) | TrackBack (0)
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #102
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
DAMN........kinda hopin Ware , would be the one to miss the game. wasn't to worried about barber.the steelers have already shut down some of the better backs in the game, so barber wasn't a huge concern. Ware on the other hand should hand starks his jock all day , and have Ben lookin over his shoulder and running for his life.if arians is smart he'll throw in a lot of plays rolling Ben away from wares side, and throw some "better disigned" screens into the mix to slow em down.
Ware is the LAST person we can lose on this team, IMHO.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:01 PM   #103
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1931

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
Ware is the LAST person we can lose on this team, IMHO.
Curious as to how much a brace would limit his mobility on that slop we call a field.

Last edited by steelerbackr4life; 12-05-2008 at 04:01 PM. Reason: i cant type
steelerbackr4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #104
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbackr4life View Post
Curious as to how much a brace would limit his mobility on that slop we call a field.
That's a pretty good question. I guess we'll find out on Sun. If he doesn't get any sacks(and we lose, of course), then you can bet dozens of "Is Ware 100%?!?" threads will pop up on our boards.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #105
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Here's a Tashard Choice article. Looks like he's excited over the opportunity, but he won't be playing on ST. Dunno if that'll out a dent on our return/coverage units.

Quote:
2:15 PM Fri, Dec 05, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Tashard Choice knew his role when he arrived at Valley Ranch after being drafted in the fourth round. Marion Barber was the starting running back. First-rounder Felix Jones was the change of pace. Choice's job was to play special teams and be ready to fill in at running back just in case.

Just in case is here, as Choice has to prepare as if he'll start Sunday in Pittsburgh with Barber a gametime decision and Jones on injured reserve.

"You never want to see anybody get hurt," said Choice, who has rushed for 147 yards on 30 carries. "That's not how you want to get a starting position or get a chance to play a lot. But if it comes, that's how you make your place in the league, that's how you stay around. You've got to take advantage of those. That's what I've got to do."

The Cowboys have reduced Choice's responsibilities on special teams this week to allow him to focus on studying the offensive game plan. He said he would go to Barber's house tonight to study with the regular starter.

If Choice ends up in the starting lineup, don't count on the confident rookie to be intimidated. He actually made his first college start in somewhat similar circumstances, rushing for 84 yards in Georgia Tech's upset win over third-ranked Miami, which had the nation's No. 1 defense entering the game.

Comments (0) Leave comment | E-mail entry
Old 12-05-2008, 04:13 PM   #106
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Do you guys mind me bunching up all these articles at once here? I know I've done too many of them, but thought they would be for good discussion.

Here's an article on MB3 and his status for this game.

Quote:
MySa Blog

Making the shoe fit
One of the reasons the Cowboys are hesitant to say for certain what Marion Barber's status will be for Sunday's game is that they still don't have his special shoe ready.

The training staff is preparing a shoe to accomodate Barber's dislocated right pinkie toe.

"They're still working on the shoe and how to shape it or splint it or cast it or whatever they are going to do with it," Phillips said this morning.
Like I said-while I admire these players gutting it out and playing through the pain, at the same time, it would be a better idea to rest their injuries completely so that they don't have to re-injure them further.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:14 PM   #107
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

Oh the what if questions will definitely happen. A brace will definitely stabilize the leg but the loss of mobility initialy is often a major complaint. Throw in the poor field he most likely will be trying to pivot and get traction on. Could be a factor. Do you know if he has been practicing during the week with the brace?
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #108
steelerbackr4life
Team Captain
Supporter

[QUOTE=Like I said-while I admire these players gutting it out and playing through the pain, at the same time, it would be a better idea to rest their injuries completely so that they don't have to re-injure them further.[/QUOTE]

Well said. Definitely a side note to my previous post regarding Ware and the brace.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:25 PM   #109
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerbackr4life View Post
Oh the what if questions will definitely happen. A brace will definitely stabilize the leg but the loss of mobility initialy is often a major complaint. Throw in the poor field he most likely will be trying to pivot and get traction on. Could be a factor. Do you know if he has been practicing during the week with the brace?
He missed on Wed, but practiced yesterday and today.