Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 12-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #1
Ricco Suavez
Head Coach

Member Number: 7718
Default One game at a time,but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Old sports cliche I know, play em' one game at a time. It's hard to have tunnel vision when you look at the next three games of the Steelers. Three opponents with playoff hopes, three teams with very good defenses, three teams with big game history with the Steelers. If we are to be successful come playoff time then these games will be a measuring stick as to what we can expect as lovers of the Black and Gold. Dallas poses problems for our defense similar to what the Giants did. They have a good O-line, good QB, and good skill players. On defense they will put more pressure on Ben than what we have seen lately. The Titans are strong on both sides of the ball, and will try to impose their will in the running game. I do not even have to talk about their defense. Baltimore,IMO, is the most important game for us with playoff implications. This game will be violent and brutal from both camps. And, BTW, I have not forgot the Stains, after the next three games, we could very well be drained both emotionally and physically. So i have not written anything that has not crossed any fans thoughts as this season concludes. I just want to say that I believe we are in with a split of these last games, but if we can somehow play great ball down this stretch and take 3 of 4 or possibly sweep we could go into the playoffs with a ton of confidence, and we all remember the last time we got on a hot streak to end a season.......................
Ricco Suavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:53 PM   #2
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: One game at a time,but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I hate when people say we as fans have to take it one game at a time and not look ahead.

We are FANS, we are allowed to look ahead if we want to!

I don't want the actual team (coaches, players, front office) to look ahead to the next game.

But as fans, we're allowed to.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

ive heard alot how joe flacco is too experienced now to be called a rookie, and how he is poised to lead them deep in the playoffs, and instead of thinking about destroying the cowboys, i keep thinking of what the ravens did to our #1 draft pick and how we owe them retribution.

im not for dirty play or intentionally hurting another player, but in this case it is necessary to send the ravens a strong message.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I hate when people say we as fans have to take it one game at a time and not look ahead.

We are FANS, we are allowed to look ahead if we want to!

I don't want the actual team (coaches, players, front office) to look ahead to the next game.

But as fans, we're allowed to.
Isnt it so annoying???? i know we may feel we are apart of the team, but we are really not and shouldnt have to worry about that "one game at a time" philosophy. lol, some people are wackos.
Sharkissle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 07:35 PM   #5
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricco Suavez View Post
Old sports cliche I know, play em' one game at a time. It's hard to have tunnel vision when you look at the next three games of the Steelers. Three opponents with playoff hopes, three teams with very good defenses, three teams with big game history with the Steelers. If we are to be successful come playoff time then these games will be a measuring stick as to what we can expect as lovers of the Black and Gold. Dallas poses problems for our defense similar to what the Giants did. They have a good O-line, good QB, and good skill players. On defense they will put more pressure on Ben than what we have seen lately. The Titans are strong on both sides of the ball, and will try to impose their will in the running game. I do not even have to talk about their defense. Baltimore,IMO, is the most important game for us with playoff implications. This game will be violent and brutal from both camps. And, BTW, I have not forgot the Stains, after the next three games, we could very well be drained both emotionally and physically. So i have not written anything that has not crossed any fans thoughts as this season concludes. I just want to say that I believe we are in with a split of these last games, but if we can somehow play great ball down this stretch and take 3 of 4 or possibly sweep we could go into the playoffs with a ton of confidence, and we all remember the last time we got on a hot streak to end a season.......................
I think this game is the toughest of the remaining, followed by Ravens. I think we match up well against Titans. They won't run on us and Collins will have to win the game with his arm. He is not a big scrambler so our LB's should be able to get to him. Browns with Dorsey, enough said. Flacco has been solid for a rookie and its usually a close game except for last year. Their aging D is still solid. As long as we don't turn it over we beat the Ravens. We are better but they are solid. Hopefully the Skins can beat them for us. I am going to check the weather for Sunday now, I am hoping it is snowing and the field is dicey.

weather: snow showers, windy right on!

Last edited by cubanstogie; 12-04-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: weather
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
I think this game is the toughest of the remaining, followed by Ravens. I think we match up well against Titans. They won't run on us and Collins will have to win the game with his arm. He is not a big scrambler so our LB's should be able to get to him. Browns with Dorsey, enough said. Flacco has been solid for a rookie and its usually a close game except for last year. Their aging D is still solid. As long as we don't turn it over we beat the Ravens. We are better but they are solid. Hopefully the Skins can beat them for us. I am going to check the weather for Sunday now, I am hoping it is snowing and the field is dicey.

weather: snow showers, windy right on!
To Jeff Fisher's credit, he deserves alot of accolades for having his Titans at 11-1 at this point. Vince Young turns into a head case, their D isn't great but playing over their heads, and their run game has really picked up the slack.

However-I can't see a 50 year old QB who's only strength is checkdowns doing much in the playoffs. Unless he proves he can make plays when the opposing D's over-respect the run, the Titans are going to be 1 and done in the playoffs.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:58 PM   #7
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
ive heard alot how joe flacco is too experienced now to be called a rookie, and how he is poised to lead them deep in the playoffs, and instead of thinking about destroying the cowboys, i keep thinking of what the ravens did to our #1 draft pick and how we owe them retribution.

im not for dirty play or intentionally hurting another player, but in this case it is necessary to send the ravens a strong message.
I really hope Hines Ward breaks Bart Scott's jaw when we go to Baltimore. I can't stand that SOB.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 08:29 PM   #8
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewman41 View Post
Unless he proves he can make plays when the opposing D's over-respect the run, the Titans are going to be 1 and done in the playoffs.
I see the Titans as one and done in the playoffs. Yes I understand anything can happen once the playoffs come around, but I don't see Kerry Collins beating good defenses and carry that team. Teams will stop their running attack and force Collins to beat them.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #9
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

I think we win 3 of 4 at best, and 2 and 2 at worst. I just hope one of those w's is in Balt.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote