Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 12-17-2008, 03:43 PM   #1
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419
Post NFL Week 16 Power rankings

http://www.comcast.net/sports/russak...ankingsweek16/

NFL Power Rankings: Week 16

By Lee Russakoff
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 19:30:11 GMT

Lost in all the was-it-or-wasn't-it talk was the "Longest Yard" reenactment Ben Crewe Roethlisberger made to extend that play. Ben should have made the Pro Bowl on that TD pass alone. The number of QBs that are physically capable and mentally calm enough to make that play can be counted on one hand.

Pittsburgh, you have one of them...and you have the top team in this week's rankings. Enjoy:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers (11-3 LW 3) In my humble opinion, that was a touchdown and this is the best team in the league. Say what you want about their “luck streak,” Steeltown has turned the toughest schedule in the NFL into a weekly test…and the Steelers are aces right now.

2. Carolina Panthers (11-3 LW 5) A good team now has a greater purpose: Win for ailing owner Jerry Richardson. Look out.

3. New York Giants (11-3 LW 1) After the Giants’ second straight inept offensive performance, Eli Manning said, "I'm disappointed, a little frustrated, but not concerned," That makes one of us.

4. Tennessee Titans (12-2 LW 2) Tennessee needs Albert Haynesworth as much as any contender needs any player. He better be at full strength come playoff time.

5. Indianapolis Colts (10-4 LW 4) I was tempted to move the Ravens above you after that pathetic performance at home vs. Detroit. But you did beat Balti 31-3…so my temptation ended there.

6. Baltimore Ravens (9-5 LW 6) Tough game, tough (but fair) ending. Get over it, win your last two, and make a playoff run.

7. Dallas Cowboys (9-5 LW 8) When Ed Werder saw T.O. in the locker room, Werder reports, “[Owens] called me a name, but it wasn’t a profanity.” I’m fairly certain T.O. is the only one in Dallas not calling Werder a profanity.

8. New England Patriots (9-5 LW 9) The Pats could go 11-5 without Tom Brady and miss the playoffs. That sucks, Bill. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

9. Minnesota Vikings (9-5 LW 10) You lose two Williamses, you get back two Williamses, You lose two Williamses, you get back two Williamses, you lose one Williams…meanwhile, awesome Week 16 QB controversy.

10. Atlanta Falcons (9-5 LW 15) The Matt Ryan MVP talk is getting louder. And he didn’t even have that great a game…just a few great OT runs.

11. Philadelphia Eagles (8-5-1 LW 12) Can’t we just make the field 99 yards for all Eagles games? It would avoid so much drama…

12. Chicago Bears (8-6 LW 11) Matt Forte deserves a Pro Bowl bid more than Clinton Portis. Maybe if he comes up with some alternate press conference personalities, he’ll get some respect.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (9-5 LW 7) Stylez G. White? Seriously? Deadspin’s best post of the week: the scoop on the Buc changing his name to “Boof.”

14. Miami Dolphins (9-5 LW 14) I guess the fact that Ronnie Brown single-handedly brought the NFL a cool “new” offensive alignment is worth a Pro Bowl trip…but barely.

15. Houston Texans (7-7 LW 20) The Texans have that perfect balance the last few years…not a good enough record to make the playoffs, but not a bad enough record to get a top draft pick.

16. Denver Broncos (8-6 LW 13) The Broncos can’t lose at home to the Bills…can they?!? Knowing the AFC West, they will…but San Diego won’t beat Tampa.

17. New York Jets (9-5 LW 16) I forget, who was it that called the Jets frauds before they lost to the Broncos and 49ers and then threw up an egg at home vs. Buffalo? Oh yea…that was me.

18. San Diego Chargers (6-8 LW 22) Phillip Rivers over Drew Brees, LT over Michael Turner. Two huge decisions are looking pretty bad.

19. New Orleans Saints (7-7 LW 17) Another leg injury for Reggie…that Mario Williams pick looks pretty brilliant right now.

20. Arizona Cardinals (8-6 LW 18) Two Pro Bowl receivers, a Pro Bowl QB, and a first round playoff exit. Congrats, Arizona.

21. Washington Redskins (7-7 LW 19) I wouldn’t call you the worst coach in America, Jim…but I’ll bet even Cam Cameron would have given the ball to Portis once on the goal line.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars (5-9 LW 26) Jerry Porter went on IR with 11 catches in 2008. That’s one catch for every $1 million guaranteed.

23. San Francisco 49ers (5-9 LW 21) 22 straight passing plays?!? In a close game? This isn’t your old Rams team, Mike Martz. Didn’t you get the memo?

24. Green Bay Packers (5-9 LW 23) Mike McCarthy says “guys are trying to do too much.” If so, they aren’t very good at it.

25. Buffalo Bills (6-8 LW 24) How can Jim Zorn call himself the worst coach in America when Dick Jauron is still in the league? Congrats on that extension, Buffalo.

26. Kansas City Chiefs (2-12 LW 27) Finally, it looks like accountability has returned to K.C. Now we can return to the days of the Nigerian Nightmare.

27. Cleveland Browns (4-10 LW 25) Hey, at least Braylon’s still enjoying the jibber-jabber: “Right now I'm having fun. We didn't win the game, but when I was out there I was lining up, I was having fun running routes and getting open, talking a little jibber-jabber back and forth, and catching the ball.”

28. Seattle Seahawks (3-11 LW 28) Any chance Mike Holmgren tries to move up the game time of his home finale? By now he’s got to be in a hurry.

29. Cincinnati Bengals (2-11-1 LW 31) Houshmazilli on his pro bowl snub: "That's OK. I'll go next year. I'll go next year wherever I am." Ouch.

30. Oakland Raiders (3-11 LW 29) You know it’s bad when your punter is the team’s perennial Pro Bowler.

31. St. Louis Rams (2-12 LW 30) "It doesn't matter if you lose by 30 or you lose on a last-second field goal," Rams quarterback Marc Bulger said. "They're all bad, and it's become routine.

32. Detroit Lions (0-14 LW 32) If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the worst that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book you're gonna be losers.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:50 PM   #2
Borski
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 3150
Default Re: NFL Week 16 Power rankings

We are Ranked #1 on CBS, FOX, ESPN and SI also. Not that that matters much, I'd like to see a ring.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Does this mean we are in the BCS Title game against Florida?
Old 12-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 5 Rings View Post
Does this mean we are in the BCS Title game against Florida?
No we still have to beat Alabama first.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698

8. New England Patriots (9-5 LW 9) The Pats could go 11-5 without Tom Brady and miss the playoffs. That sucks, Bill. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Couldn't agree more
Old 12-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #6
St33lersguy
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 8456

This guy is obviously smarter than the media & general uneducated fans by putting Pittsburgh & Carolina at #1 and2 while ranking the Jets at 17th
St33lersguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #7
Avoid LLoyd1975
Starter

Member Number: 376

I love the comment on #18. That alone just made my day.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:45 AM   #8
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517

Quote:
If you put your effort and concentration into playing to your potential, to be the worst that you can be, I don't care what the scoreboard says at the end of the game, in my book you're gonna be losers.

Where's Coach Dale when they need him?