Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Steelers Experience

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 12-18-2008, 09:14 PM   #1
duce1507
Water Boy

Member Number: 11033
Default Im coming to the Burgh.... HELP PLEASE

Hello All:

I'm new to the forum and I think it is so cool. I have read so much excellent information so far. My name is Shane and I have been a steelers fan since I was in diapers. I live in Wyoming now and am originally from Denver, (Broncos Suck!!!) I'm happy to say I have purchased tickets to the 1st playoff game. I am so excited!. I have been to 4 steelers games throughout the years (I always go when they play denver) but I have never been to Pittsburgh. I have a few questions for some of you veterans out there:

1.) First of all, I am staying either at the Hyatt at the airport, or at the Crowne Plaza near the airport. Which would you guys recomend?

2.) I am wondering how much taxi fare is around the city, and will it be difficult to get a taxi on game day?

3.) My seat is in section 132 row Q seat 13. Is this a good seat or should I try and sell mine for a different one. I want to have as good a seat I can since im not sure when I will get the chance to get back to the Burgh.

4.) Any other suggestions for my trip would be greatly appreciated!

THANKS A BUNCH
duce1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832
Default Re: Im coming to the Burgh.... HELP PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by duce1507 View Post
Hello All:

I'm new to the forum and I think it is so cool. I have read so much excellent information so far. My name is Shane and I have been a steelers fan since I was in diapers. I live in Wyoming now and am originally from Denver, (Broncos Suck!!!) I'm happy to say I have purchased tickets to the 1st playoff game. I am so excited!. I have been to 4 steelers games throughout the years (I always go when they play denver) but I have never been to Pittsburgh. I have a few questions for some of you veterans out there:

1.) First of all, I am staying either at the Hyatt at the airport, or at the Crowne Plaza near the airport. Which would you guys recomend?

2.) I am wondering how much taxi fare is around the city, and will it be difficult to get a taxi on game day?

3.) My seat is in section 132 row Q seat 13. Is this a good seat or should I try and sell mine for a different one. I want to have as good a seat I can since im not sure when I will get the chance to get back to the Burgh.

THANKS A BUNCH
1. Im not a Pitt native , Only been there twice but if you want more than the game experience, stay at the Crowne, but if you stay at the airport you should get a cab in a heartbeat, they have stations down there, I flew from Jersey myself and got one easily.

2) Taxi Fares not bad, If i got a ride from the airport to Peppis(home of the roethlisburgher) for 40 bucks, and thats a 25 min ride.

3) Awesome seats, dont sell them, Steelers sideline at around the 30 to 35, I sat on 133 for the Chargers game

4) Go to Peppis and chow down on their food, Bettis has his own sports bar right around Gate A. And come with warm clothing since Pittsburgh is freezing lol.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I can't offer much help about the first 3 questions, but I can make a suggestion.

Make sure you stop by Primanti Brothers for a sammich. You won't regret it.

http://www.primantibros.com/locations/

other suggestions::

hit Station Square for some shopping
ride the Incline to the top of Mt. Washington for the best view of Pittsburgh
visit the Carnegie Science Center
Old 12-18-2008, 09:41 PM   #4
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Hello All:

THANKS A BUNCH
1.) No Suggestion on the hotel. If you want one close to the Stadium, there is a marriot across from PNC Park, and a Shearaton in Station Sqaure(You'll be able to take the Gateway Clipper to the game).

2.)Cars such as Taxi's as far as I am aware are NOT allowed in the area around game time. You CAN take the PAT Bus to the stadium though. If you can get within the general area, you can walk from the Clemente Bridge over to the stadium.

3.) DON'T SELL THE SEATS!! They're great.

4.) Stop by Jerome's Restaurant. They make great Food.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:02 PM   #5
m4mica
Water Boy

Member Number: 8143

Quote:
Hello All:

THANKS A BUNCH
1) They're both nice hotels, but as you know outside of the city. The Hyatt connects direct to the people mover at the airport so it's incredibly convenient. However, it only takes a few minutes to the Crowne Plaza on the shuttle. Really doesn't matter much either way. You're a bit more 'trapped' at the airport at the Hyatt.
2) The city of Pittsburgh is geographically very small. You don't need a taxi 'around the city'. Just get a taxi or shuttle from the airport and have them drop you off downtown or Station Square. You can walk from downtown or take the Gateway Clipper (a giant riverboat) from Station Square to the stadium. There's a ton of construction adjacent to the stadium so you're better off walking from town.
3) Seats are great, keep 'em. Besides, you can walk around if you want a different view. A lot of people stand on the spiral walkways in the south side (scoreboard side) of the stadium. Also there is a standing room only directly behind the south end zone. I wouldn't recommend watching the game from there, but you want to check it out during pregame.
4) +1 on the suggestion of Primanti's. It's 'authentic' Pittsburgh. The original one is in the strip district which is just outside of downtown. Bettis' is OK but IMO it's lacking character. Sure it has a lot of Steelers stuff on the walls, but most Pittsburghers have never even been there. It's a fine restaurant but not particularly unique (other than the bathrooms which have 1-way glass at the urinals. Pretty weird).

Feel free to ask people what they'd recommend once you get here. Everyone here is extremely friendly and would gladly help. Seriously. It's one of Pittsburgh's greatest qualities.

Also, you cannot leave without going to Mt. Washington. I don't know of any other city in the country with that view.

Science Center is good, but it's closed on gameday. Museum is in the Oakland section of town (3 miles east of the city) where Univ. of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University are both located. It has one of the world's premier dinosaur collections.

Have fun and dress warm.

"Act Like You've Been There."
m4mica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #6
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

Hey guys , Im new to the website and i love it. I am from Jersy and I will be going to see the Steeler play in da Burgh for the first time ever. I felt like I have seen them everywhere else, atlanta, carolina, new jersey, washington.

A few years ago me and my friend got tickets to the January 1st , jerome bettis last game at pitt. AKA the superbowl run. But unfortunately on the penn turnpike i got in an accident where i should have died. The car spun and flipded and it is a miracle that me and my friend are alive today. We didnt even have a scratch on us , and with death the car looking like it got in a fight with Optimus Prime, i still wanted to try to make it pittsburh. Everytime I watch the steelers superbowl season video i fast foward past that game.

But now i have a second chance to go see them and I am profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering ready!! My girlfriends friend lives in pitt and has season tickets and is granting me one. I AM FLYING to the last game on the 28th vs the browns. Wish me luck.

Just wanted to tell my story and also wanted to know all the hot spots for resuraunts and bars.

God bless

LETS GO STEELERS!!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 PM   #7
XxKnightxX
Team Captain

Member Number: 832

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi Kapp Steeler View Post
Hey guys , Im new to the website and i love it. I am from Jersy and I will be going to see the Steeler play in da Burgh for the first time ever. I felt like I have seen them everywhere else, atlanta, carolina, new jersey, washington.

A few years ago me and my friend got tickets to the January 1st , jerome bettis last game at pitt. AKA the superbowl run. But unfortunately on the penn turnpike i got in an accident where i should have died. The car spun and flipded and it is a miracle that me and my friend are alive today. We didnt even have a scratch on us , and with death the car looking like it got in a fight with Optimus Prime, i still wanted to try to make it pittsburh. Everytime I watch the steelers superbowl season video i fast foward past that game.

But now i have a second chance to go see them and I am profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltering ready!! My girlfriends friend lives in pitt and has season tickets and is granting me one. I AM FLYING to the last game on the 28th vs the browns. Wish me luck.

Just wanted to tell my story and also wanted to know all the hot spots for resuraunts and bars.

God bless

LETS GO STEELERS!!
What Part of Jersey? glad to hear that youre still alive, I have some pics on the media section, A tractor trailer flipped on the entrance to the Pike, pretty scary since I heard a massive thud before making the right turn.

made by steelman16
XxKnightxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:06 AM   #8
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Knight I am from Spring Lake, NJ. Its near the beach. I see you live in Prospect Park, I might be going their tommorow with my Mother to go Christmas shopping for the family.
Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

I just checked out your picks as well. Now I cant wait to go!!
Old 12-19-2008, 01:19 AM   #10
randy06
Team Captain

Member Number: 8046

Quote:
Hello All:

THANKS A BUNCH
Either hotel you stay at has a shuttle man...so here is what you do take the shuttle to the airport and get on the 28x, it will take you to Robinson, and to Downtown.....when you get downtown you walk across the bridge and your at the Stadium. Then after the game there is a bus stop wait for the 28x and it will take you back to the airport...then take the shuttle back. I will be attending this game also and staying at the Crowne plaza so message me if you want more info. Oh and by the way the bus is 2 dollars each way
randy06 is offline   Reply With Quote