Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #331
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,380 Times in 499 Posts
Default Re: Chargers don't scare me.

Well, since we're giving predictions in this thread....

Steelers - 20

Chargers - 14
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #332
sunbiz1
Banned

Member Number: 11338

Ditto, I posted the same score yesterday on Chargers.com. I think the Bolts come up one turnover short of winning this game but cover the spread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Well, since we're giving predictions in this thread....

Steelers - 20

Chargers - 14
sunbiz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #333
Bolts+-
Water Boy

Member Number: 11420

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I've seen my fair share of chargers s thinking the bolts are going to have an easy time with the Steelers. So exactly what did you think you were going to find on a Steelers board?
Of course, every teams/forums have their share of homers but trust me when I tell you any Charger homer fan who thinks that the Chargers are going to "blow out" the Steelers has been given a 'what the hell u talking about' look. I do expect the fans for both teams to be confident. But when I see threads that talk about how the Steelers rather play Tits or BlueBirds (i.e looking ahead) makes me wonder.

Quote:
But I digress. I don't think anyone is under estimating the bolts at this point. The fact that they have been playing playoff football for 5 weeks now makes them a dangerous team. Their defense is their strong point and their offense while not hitting on all cylinders is definitely a threat. However, the Steelers still have the #1 ranked defense and are a beast of a different kind. Fans point at the refs about the last game but I hope that the refs stick to the major penalties and let these two teams go at it for 60 minutes. I'd hate to see the refs ruin a good game.

The problem for the chargers, from my perspective, is that they just played a very emotional game against the colts and an OT game at that. They also get to fly across country and play away from home where they are 3-5 on the year. If you think the game earlier was loud - you haven't seen playoff football in Pittsburgh!

I don't believe the game will be easy but what I see is the Steelers defense leading the way for Ben to manage the game and making Rivers life a living hell. chargers fans mention that this is not the same team we faced a few weeks ago but they want to ignore the fact that neither is this Steelers team.

Here's to a good game One that the Steelers win on a Polamalu INT for 6

Steelers - 24
bolts - 13
All good points... except when it comes to the score. I don't see anyone winning by that big of a margin.
Also, in all the years that I've watched the Chargers, I've never seen a Charger team make such a turn around so late in the season. A lot of the Steeler fans are saying how even Miami beat SD. Yeah, its true but this wasn't a 1-15 team that made a miraculous turn around in year (talking about Miami). This is talented team that played in the AFC Championship game last year and was picked to play in SB by many. I can't explain why they start so bad but they always finish strong (13-0) in December the past 3 years.

No team, with the exception of the Colts, has improved in the 2nd half of the year more than the Chargers. The Steelers have been playing well all season. But as we all know, its how you are playing at the end of the season that matters most in the playoffs.
Bolts+- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:05 PM   #334
Vis
In Hoc
Supporter

Member Number: 5117
Thanked 6,242 Times in 2,960 Posts
My Mood: Sick

Steelers offense - 13
Chargers offense - 10

Steelers defense - 7
Chargers defense - 2 (after one of those amazing punts they get)

All generalizations are dangerous.
Vis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:26 PM   #335
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolts+- View Post
Of course, every teams/forums have their share of homers but trust me when I tell you any Charger homer fan who thinks that the Chargers are going to "blow out" the Steelers has been given a 'what the hell u talking about' look. I do expect the fans for both teams to be confident. But when I see threads that talk about how the Steelers rather play Tits or BlueBirds (i.e looking ahead) makes me wonder.

All good points... except when it comes to the score. I don't see anyone winning by that big of a margin.
Also, in all the years that I've watched the Chargers, I've never seen a Charger team make such a turn around so late in the season. A lot of the Steeler fans are saying how even Miami beat SD. Yeah, its true but this wasn't a 1-15 team that made a miraculous turn around in year (talking about Miami). This is talented team that played in the AFC Championship game last year and was picked to play in SB by many. I can't explain why they start so bad but they always finish strong (13-0) in December the past 3 years.

No team, with the exception of the Colts, has improved in the 2nd half of the year more than the Chargers. The Steelers have been playing well all season. But as we all know, its how you are playing at the end of the season that matters most in the playoffs.
Are you telling me that you haven't looked ahead to next week and thought about "IF" we win, who would I rather face? I think it's part of being a fan. I mean not that you want to look past your current week's opponent but at the same time - given my choices type thing.

Nothing matters more than how you play in January. We've all seen teams that start off red hot and falter - the Steelers last year lost 4 of their last 5 and it showed in the playoffs. This year, the chargers started off cold and ended hot. The Steelers have also played hot all year, winning 6 of their last 7.

I think really you'll know what Steelers team is going to show up but the question remains, what chargers team will show up? The one that has been red hot the last few weeks or the one that started off so dismel. I'm sure the Steelers coaching staff and players are preparing for the one that is red hot and beat the colts. I guess that's the problem with having a team having two different seasons.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #336
jasonhightower
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7798

Sunday can not come soon enough. With the intensity of our defense I think they'll need to bring an ample supply of body bags for Sunday's show.

May peace be with you.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:54 PM   #337
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,843 Times in 4,489 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Steelers offense - 13
Chargers offense - 10

Steelers defense - 7
Chargers defense - 2 (after one of those amazing punts they get)
nah, they only average 43.5 in pgh.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #338
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

With the week off I believe the defense will come out firing on all cylinders. Ben will come back and show why he is such a great QB.

Steelers - 21
Bolts - 10
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote