Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM   #381
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Rats vs Titans

Fixed!

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #382
BritishSteel
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

Ha ha ha ha. I'm glad the Ravens won - for all their many faults at least they understand the term respect, unlike the Pretend Oilers. Fisher's comments stink of bitterness. Still at least they get to Banjo-camp a couple of weeks earlier than they thought they would.
Old 01-10-2009, 08:41 PM   #383
Crow-Magnon
Team Captain

Member Number: 9500

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Didn't read all 40 pages and not going to so if this is posted beforehand - my apologies.

But is it just me or did both offenses start of afraid to play the game? It wasn't until the second half that the ratbirds took the leash off the offense.
I think Cam and Harbaugh were a little apprehensive to let Flacco loose at the start of the game, just in case. After all, he's still a rookie.

I don't know, but is it accepable to stop calling him a rookie now? Two playoff wins on the road? To a lot of people Miami as a division winner was a fluke, but taking down the #1 seed with the best record in the NFL is not a fluke.

No picks in two playoff games and no sacks is unbelieveable for a rookie QB. Especially one that came from Delaware, not the Big 12, the SEC, etc.
Crow-Magnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #384
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow-Magnon View Post
I think Cam and Harbaugh were a little apprehensive to let Flacco loose at the start of the game, just in case. After all, he's still a rookie.

I don't know, but is it accepable to stop calling him a rookie now? Two playoff wins on the road? To a lot of people Miami as a division winner was a fluke, but taking down the #1 seed with the best record in the NFL is not a fluke.

No picks in two playoff games and no sacks is unbelieveable for a rookie QB. Especially one that came from Delaware, not the Big 12, the SEC, etc.
Just curious, are you the same crow-magnon at ravensinsider.com? I use to be there but lost a beat and haven't returned...anyway, I digress.

I'm really surprised that the titans didn't come at him more often. It seems like 80% of the game they choose to rush 4 instead of bringing the heat. I mean he's a rookie and as we've all heard when in the playoffs the game moves faster. Heck with as much time as he had back there today, I think I could have thrown a ball to myself and gotten 10-15 yards on it.

I'm impressed with Flacco. He's shown a lot of maturity that a lot (mannings, brady, favre) QBs don't have in the league. Maybe the ratbirds can do themselves a favor and build the team around him.

Congrats a the W today - wish it would have been use busting up the titans but karma still kicked their arse!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:04 AM   #385
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I left the Ratnest when Ladyraven, Mista T and the others left - it's strictly a homer board now.
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #386
missedgehead
Starter

Member Number: 8622

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Just curious, are you the same crow-magnon at ravensinsider.com? I use to be there but lost a beat and haven't returned...anyway, I digress.

I'm really surprised that the titans didn't come at him more often. It seems like 80% of the game they choose to rush 4 instead of bringing the heat. I mean he's a rookie and as we've all heard when in the playoffs the game moves faster. Heck with as much time as he had back there today, I think I could have thrown a ball to myself and gotten 10-15 yards on it.

I'm impressed with Flacco. He's shown a lot of maturity that a lot (mannings, brady, favre) QBs don't have in the league. Maybe the ratbirds can do themselves a favor and build the team around him.

Congrats a the W today - wish it would have been use busting up the titans but karma still kicked their arse!

The Mannings, Brady and Farve don't have the maturity that Flacco has? LOL Man, the laughs I get in here. Is that why these guys are either MVP of the NFL(P. Manning, Farve, Brady), Super Bowl MVPs(both Mannings,Brady), and have rings(all four of them) and Flacco has yet to get to the Super Bowl? Yeah, they don't have Flacco's maturity. Riiiiiiiight.

Credit: Spongebobglav for both avatar and signature
missedgehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #387
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedgehead View Post
The Mannings, Brady and Farve don't have the maturity that Flacco has? LOL Man, the laughs I get in here. Is that why these guys are either MVP of the NFL(P. Manning, Farve, Brady), Super Bowl MVPs(both Mannings,Brady), and have rings(all four of them) and Flacco has yet to get to the Super Bowl? Yeah, they don't have Flacco's maturity. Riiiiiiiight.
Tell me missedge how many games have you seen, be honest, that either mannings, brady, or farve have bitched moaned and complained because they were either touched by a defensive player, their WR wasn't wide open enough to catch the ball, or maybe the defensive player touched the WR down the field? I've seen it plenty and while I have seen many ratbird games, from what I've seen of him, he walks on the field does his think whether it's 3 and out or some relevant drive for points or whatever but then he walks off the field without complaining like some silver spoon b*tch mvp QB listed above!

So take your multi-team lovin' jibberish somewhere else!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 11:37 AM   #388
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

Who the hell likes wrestling? You do know its fake right?
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #389
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
is there any RB in the league that is as horrible as white?

the guy is extremely slow and very, very, very easily brought down, just like in college.
The Bus was one of a kind. It's highly unlikely we'll ever see a big back play big like that ever again. Leron McClain is the closest player I see to becoming the next Bus. Too bad he plays for Baltimore.
Edman is offline   Reply With Quote