Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-14-2009, 08:14 AM   #451
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: The SEC

Florida is definitely one of maybe 5 schools in the country that are just factories, churning out NFL-ready talent year after year. USC, OSU, maybe a couple others make that list, but I have no problem when the Steelers select players from those caliber schools. You just know the kids have a leg-up due to the consistently high level of talent they play against every day (even in practice).
Old 01-14-2009, 11:28 AM   #452
GoFins11
Starter

Member Number: 5876

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
i think that harvin and spikes will go pro. they have nothing left to prove at the college level and both should be 1st round picks. tebow stayed because at best he would a mid round pick and he might have to switch postitions.

i would like to see either spikes or harvin wearing the black and gold. ellebre - the steelers would be wise to look at him too. i could see him being a 3rd round pick or so.
Rumor is that Spikes and Harvin were waiting to see what Tebow did. I believe at least one of them will stay.

Tebow is staying to work on his delivery. The new QB coach is an NFL guy that will be working with Tebow on that.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:23 PM   #453
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFins11 View Post
Rumor is that Spikes and Harvin were waiting to see what Tebow did. I believe at least one of them will stay.

Tebow is staying to work on his delivery. The new QB coach is an NFL guy that will be working with Tebow on that.
The new qb coach might be a nfl guy but meyers offense is strictly a college offense (that kick the our but last year). So i am not sure the new qb coach will help tebow much in the eyes of the nfl.

thats one of the reasons the murray kid out of tampa is going to uga over florida. he wants to play in a pro system.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #454
GoFins11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlsteelers View Post
The new qb coach might be a nfl guy but meyers offense is strictly a college offense (that kick the our but last year). So i am not sure the new qb coach will help tebow much in the eyes of the nfl.

thats one of the reasons the murray kid out of tampa is going to uga over florida. he wants to play in a pro system.
Is Murray a QB? I'm happy with the back up QB we have now. But we could always use another.
Old 01-15-2009, 11:30 AM   #455
GoFins11
Starter

Brandon Spikes is Returning for his senior season!!! Harvin to the NFL

Quote:
One prominent Florida player is going, another is staying with the BCS champion Gators.

Junior wide receiver Percy Harvin is expected to announce later Thursday that he will enter the NFL draft, a person close to him said. Meanwhile, All-American linebacker Brandon Spikes said Thursday he will return for his senior season.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3835065

Last edited by GoFins11; 01-15-2009 at 01:01 PM.
GoFins11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #456
atlsteelers
Starter

Member Number: 216

that blows - i was hoping that spikes was going to go pro. yeah murray is qb. supposely a real stud passer. we will probally red shirt him next year but ya never know.
atlsteelers is offline   Reply With Quote