Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #101
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: Wanna piss off a Ravens fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i82much View Post
This is terrible. Two guys on a message board have declared our football history irrelevant. Whatever shall we do.

Low class dudes. You don't see Ravens fans denying Pittsburgh's history, and no one cares what franchise the records belong to. It's really not your call to say what Baltimore football history constitutes any more than it's my job to say what Pittsburgh football history constitutes.

To the rest of the Steelers fans out there -you have a great history and looking forward to a great game Sunday. Should be one for the ages.
Baltimore has a deep football history between the Baltimore Colts and the Baltimore Ravens. I have said that multiple times.

However, even though the old Baltimore Colts want thier accompishments to be included with the Ravens, it's not. It cannot be, they played for the Colts franchise.

The history of the Baltimore Ravens begins in 1996. Not included in Ravens history is the Baltimore Colts from 1953-1983 nor the Cleveland Browns from 19-whatever to 1995.

Johnny Unitas never suited up for the Ravens, he suited up for the Colts. The Colts moved to Indianapolis, and his records are recorded as being a Baltimore Colt but they are still COLT records not RAVEN records.

It's not that hard of a concept, or at least I didn't think it was.

The city of Baltimore can forever call on the history of the Baltimore Colts. But the Baltimore Ravens have no history whatsoever before 1996, because they did not exist as a football franchise before 1996.

Is it really that freaking hard for you Baltimore fans to understand?

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:30 PM   #102
i82much
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11562

Not saying B-more has the records, or the Ravens have the records, or the uniforms or any of that. Just saying we don't care, 'cause of the relationship with the players from both teams and the city. That's all. It was really pretty cool to see the old Colts stick up for the city instead of the team.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #103
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

Quote:
Not saying B-more has the records, or the Ravens have the records, or the uniforms or any of that. Just saying we don't care, 'cause of the relationship with the players from both teams and the city. That's all. It was really pretty cool to see the old Colts stick up for the city instead of the team.
Okay cool, I get where you're coming from now, and I think you get where I am coming from.

It was cool to see the players stick up for the city, and from everything I have read Isray was an ass from the moment he took ownership of the team. I don't know how anyone could have supported him.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:37 PM   #104
BmoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 11753

I cant wait for Sunday. All this nonsense will be put to rest . Those two games are the past. Please keep referring back to them they just pump up ravens players and fans even more!
BmoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:38 PM   #105
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
Okay cool, I get where you're coming from now, and I think you get where I am coming from.

It was cool to see the players stick up for the city, and from everything I have read Isray was an ass from the moment he took ownership of the team. I don't know how anyone could have supported him.
To some people in B-more (myself included) even Elway is a hero for telling Irsay to stick it.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:39 PM   #106
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreRavens View Post
Mark this one down , Steelers will lose on sunday and their season will be HISTORY!
And the s continue to crawl out from underneath their rocks.

Another one with a fountain of information and knowledge!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #107
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
To some people in B-more (myself included) even Elway is a hero for telling Irsay to stick it.
And there are many who are pissed off at him for doing such a thing. I've talked to many a fans who feel that because Elway made that stance it really destroyed the team in baltimore. They felt he could have been the second coming of Unitas.

I hated the fact that he didn't play in baltimore. I mean hell, really, when does a player have that much control over who drafts him. For Eli to do it years later only shows the great immaturity on both players behalf. Irsay should have drafted him and let him sit the bench while owning the rights to him as a player.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:42 PM   #108
xlchamps
Water Boy

Member Number: 10552

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreRavens View Post
I cant wait for Sunday. All this nonsense will be put to rest . Those two games are the past. Please keep referring back to them they just pump up ravens players and fans even more!
well buddy u better tell flacco to control the ball better because James Harrison, is know to take down the ravens qb everytime they visit pittsburgh. Plus steelers is way more respectful team then ravens. I just hate when ppl cry bout o Ravens, i feel so bad for those ravens great d but no o, o please shut the hell up and get over the fact that we are the better team, and we will prove it not only by winnin the afc but the superbowl as well.
xlchamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:43 PM   #109
i82much
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
And there are many who are pissed off at him for doing such a thing. I've talked to many a fans who feel that because Elway made that stance it really destroyed the team in baltimore. They felt he could have been the second coming of Unitas.

I hated the fact that he didn't play in baltimore. I mean hell, really, when does a player have that much control over who drafts him. For Eli to do it years later only shows the great immaturity on both players behalf. Irsay should have drafted him and let him sit the bench while owning the rights to him as a player.
Sure, that's a reasonable way of looking at it. But who can blame the guy for not wanting to work for Irsay? As it turned out, sad the Colts left but we got a team we love, Cleveland got their team back, and Elway turned out as a great and classy QB. So maybe he was a little profanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofa nityfiltery when he was 22.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:44 PM   #110
BmoreRavens
Water Boy

Member Number: 11753

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
And the s continue to crawl out from underneath their rocks.

Another one with a fountain of information and knowledge!
Sorry truck, i just hate how everywhere I hear oh well the last to games factor into this up coming game. You guys should know better then anyone against the colts/bengals in the 2005 season. Playoff football is a whole lot different then season.

SO CHEERS

to a ravens victory

BmoreRavens is offline   Reply With Quote