Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-17-2009, 10:31 AM   #101
welder4pit
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 11209
Default Re: You guys are EVERYWHERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
Our nefarious plan is unfolding! Bwwwaaahahah!!

There are so many transplanted Pittsburghers scattered throughout the country that people can't help but encounter them. And Steeler mania is contagious. Why, I've personally infected 2 so far (one a victim of exposure to my first victim) and I'm working on another.
Iowa's easy territory to convert; they all wear black & gold anyway.
Next year we're taking a road trip up to Chicago for the Steeler game :D
GO HAWKEYES GO STEELERS. I bleed black n gold forever
welder4pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #102
Michael Keller
Starter

Member Number: 5736

I was born and raised in the Pittsburgh area(Aliquippa) and then moved to California and specifically Sacramento. I meet Steeler fans all the time out here in Sacramento . I see Steeler logos and license plates on cars. I see Steelers caps, shirts, jackets ALL THE TIME.

Surprisingly about 80 plus percent of these people are not from Pittsburgh and they are great, great fans that love the Steelers.

These guys make me proud to be a Steeler fan because they made the CHOICE . I was born into my good fortune to be a fan They had the good judgement to pick the Steelers as their team. I think they are special and I love their loyalty. These guys really make the NATION what it is.

I am giving a presentation about the history of the Super Bowl and the Pittsburgh Steelers to a group of home school boys this coming Tuesday . I will be playing the highlights of Super Bowl 40 and my goal is to get as many young minds as possible to become great Steeler fans.

There will be an abundance of 8 to 12 year olders being added on this year when they watch the likes of Troy, Ben, Heinz, win this year's Super Bowl . The Steeler Nation will become a KINGDOM in a little over two weeks. You can not deny these people their right for the [B[B]]"Pursuit of Happiness" to become Steeler fans. Thomas Jefferson had the forsight to understand this inalienable right .
Michael Keller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:29 AM   #103
Chris Lipiec
Water Boy

Member Number: 9367

I live in Erie, Pa. The NFL forces the local Tv affiliates here to show Buffalo Jills games. We are also close to the Land of the Cleves.
The local newspaper favors the Clowns. Both local sports radio hosts favor the Clowns as well. Not to mention they are Steeler haters. And they brag about it. As if they are proud to root for the loser Clowns.

Steeler fans outnumber anything else around here 1000 to 1. Why would someone from western Pa. root for teams in California or Texas or Florida? These are "Steeler Haters". They have no creibility at all.

I love it when our Steelers are on the road and there are thousands of Steeler fans in the stadium.

Ask Brian Billick about that. He went on a radio station in Baltimore and told the Baltimore Browns fans not to sell their tickets to the Steelers Nation.
Chris Lipiec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #104
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
Oh my God, that's it. Pretty cool!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #105
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi View Post
Not complaining... just an observation. Steelers fans are flat out UNAVOIDABLE. Annoying at times, yes, but kinda cool otherwise. One caveat that I'll get to later.

Seriously, they're everywhere. My next door neighbor is from Pitts originally. Great guy. He likes to stick Steeler stuff in my mailbox to irritate me. It was a can of Iron City a few years ago. I still have that nasty thing in my fridge.

The uncool part... locals who adopt the Steelers just because. They irritate the sh*t outa me. There's Raider foster-fans, and Cowboy foster-fans too, but by far more Steelers.

You guys probably don't have that to deal with since the team has been there for so long. But here, there are weiners who have no connection to Pitts who are wannabe fans. Hate em.

Apparently other cities have this too. Even ones with temas for many years. During a trip to SD to see the Ravens my brother and some friends were catching grief because the locals thought they were locals too. They didn't figure out the car they drove on the tailgate lot was a rental with CA tags. When they realized they had come all the way from Balto they were great, but complained about the local d*ckheads who adopt other city's teams.

That's it - one prop one minor rant.
Let me tell you something brother, everyone you see are not FOSTER FANS but probably displaced STEELERS FANS or JUST LONG TIME FANS. I was born and raised in PGH but now live in ATL (home of H. Ward) I can't tell you how many people I have met that are from PGH and of course cheer for the Black & Gold. Not only in ATL, I do alot of traveling and always see people and talk with them and find out they are from PGH originally. Even things like there dad was a fan so now they are fans, or if not from the city, just a fan since the 70's, 80's, or 90's. You are right, we are eveywhere. I sport my colors proudly during football season as I travel or when home in Atlanta. It's nothing but LOVE FOR THE BLACK & GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-18-2009, 06:24 AM   #106
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfPuppets View Post
considering there's only 32 cities with teams , what about people who live in cities that don't have a team? should they just not be fans period? does that make them wannabe's for adopting a team?
Not good but GREAT POINT!!!!!!!!!