Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Billscarnage
Banned

Member Number: 12151
Default Hola... IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

From the desert I make my entrance to your forum.

Do not take the Cards lightly.. You can see the wake the Cards have left from other teams doing the same.

As a Cardinal fan since day 1 since they moved here and that notorious MNF game against Dallas it's been quite a journey - very few high points... But, here we are in the Superbowl. BOOO-YAAAAA!!

My initial thoughts on the game...

Defense - A slight edge to the Steelers as they've been more consistent through out the year, however the Cards have stepped up when it counts and for the most part played solid during the season.
However, if the Steelers constantly blitz it'll eventually tire them out, so they need to time their blitz's.

DO NOT take anything from the regular season. At some point - I think the Rolle INT for TD against ATL - the light clicked and this D is playing as good as anyone.

For the first time in the PO's Fitz will be covered by a defender who is close to his size and might be able to contain him, but not stop him. With this, I look for Boldin and Breaston to have big games.

Steelers WR's will be the best the Cards have played so far, but the secondary is on another level so it's a toss up. Rod Hood will get picked on as he has through out the year - probably the "weakest" in the secondary.

Running game
Parker is a beast, but so was ATL's and CLT's, so if the Cards stay disciplined and plug the gaps they should be ok.
Steelers D should be able to contain James/Hightower, but Edge is playing for a new contract.. Always motivation.

Passing
Warner is the best at picking up bitz's, but Roth is better at scrambling. This will come to line control and it's a toss up.

Intangibles
Easy... Whiz getting dissed by the Steelers and disrespected Cards. Huge nod for the Cards here. The doubters will continue and the Cards will continue to disprove them.

The End
I'd give the nod to the Cards offense over the Steelers defense. Not being a homer, but the offense is rollin' right now. The defense can compete w/ anyone as it's shown.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cards jump out early like they have in all the games, but I'm just not convinced the Steelers can mount a big come back. If the Cards get up by 3 TD's it'll be very tough for the Steelers. Vise versa, the Cards have the ability to score with one play at any time.

I'll be at the game and hopefully the Cards can put an end to monogamy and monopoly that has plagued the NFL for a while.

ciao

/B
Billscarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
Cards29
Water Boy

Member Number: 12036
Default Re: Hola... IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

Slight edge on defense? No way...they got us by quite a bit, but we've improved drastically from the regular season.
Cards29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billscarnage View Post
Defense - A slight edge to the Steelers as they've been more consistent through out the year, however the Cards have stepped up when it counts and for the most part played solid during the season.
Delusional. "Slight" edge? How about OVERWHELMING advantage? We don't cough up 18-point leads, bud.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #4
Nidan
Water Boy

Member Number: 12116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards29 View Post
Slight edge on defense? No way...they got us by quite a bit, but we've improved drastically from the regular season.
Yep I love our D but I think the Steeler's have more than a slight edge there
Nidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #5
quadruple yoi
Water Boy

Member Number: 11766

heyoo
quadruple yoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 PM   #6
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279

This is exactly what Chargers fans were saying. And Quote " Our Defense has improved and are playing at a different level and are just as good as your guys's"
Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
Nighthawk
Starter

Member Number: 11264

Another one of these guys eh..
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Billscarnage
Banned

Member Number: 12151

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
Delusional. "Slight" edge? How about OVERWHELMING advantage? We don't cough up 18-point leads, bud.
Cards have forced 12 TO's in the PO's... They are rollin!

I give the slight edge because the Steelers have played more consistent for a longer period.. That's IT!
Billscarnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:13 PM   #9
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i know how hot the cards are.. we know all about that kind of run from 2005.

Cards29 is right though.. your not going to get much respect talking about the defense like that. the cards have strung together a few great games defensively, but the steelers have been playing lights out D since week 1. if the steelers win the super bowl, this D will go down as one of the best ever.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 PM   #10
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

LMFAO!! The Cards up by 3 TD's? WTF are you smokin there homer?

You are dissin our D like its avg D that plays in the NFC... We're #1 in 3 out of the 4 categories son and the one we aren't in first, we are 2nd!

I love how all you Cards fans have steel ballz all of the sudden. Get a trip to the SB and the bandwagon goes crazy. This will be our 7th trip and we are 5-1 in the SB. Don't act like we don't need to even show up because of your "prolific" offense. Warner can and will be held in check.

What was your reg season record? And you play in the NFC West! LOL, welcome to the East Coast were football is a little bit different...

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote