Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-23-2009, 06:09 PM   #11
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: HA-larious Warner's Wife

If she were to come out and say something such as. . . Ben sucks and my husband is going to tear up that overrated steelers defense. . . Then I can see a thread in the BF about her.

But not this.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:43 AM   #12
wvsportsman
Water Boy

Member Number: 3538
My Mood: Amused

Got this from another site. I respect them both!!

KURTIS THE STOCK BOY AND BRENDA THE CHECKOUT GIRL

In a supermarket, Kurtis the stock boy, was busily working when a new voice came over the loud speaker asking for a carry out at register 4. Kurtis was almost finished, and wanted to get some fresh air, and decided to answer the call. As he approached the check-out stand a distant smile caught his eye, the new check-out girl was beautiful. She was an older woman (maybe 26, and he was only 22) and he fell in love.

Later that day, after his shift was over, he waited by the punch clock to find out her name. She came into the break room, smiled softly at him, took her card and punched out, then left. He looked at her card, BRENDA. He walked out only to see her start walking up the road. Next day, he waited outside as she left the supermarket, and offered her a ride home. He looked harmless enough, and she accepted. When he dropped her off, he asked if maybe he could see her again, outside of work. She simply said it wasn't possible.

He pressed and she explained she had two children and she couldn't afford a baby-sitter, so he offered to pay for the baby-sitter. Reluctantly she accepted his offer for a date for the following Saturday. That Saturday night he arrived at her door only to have her tell him that she was unable to go with him. The baby-sitter had called and canceled. To which Kurtis simply said, "Well, let's take the kids with us."

She tried to explain that taking the children was not an option, but again not taking no for an answer, he pressed. Finally Brenda, brought him inside to meet her children. She had an older daughter who was just as cute as a bug, Kurtis thought, then Brenda brought out her son, in a wheelchair. He was born a paraplegic with Down Syndrome.

Kurtis asked Brenda, "I still don't understand why the kids can't come with us?" Brenda was amazed. Most men would run away from a woman with two kids, especially if one had disabilities - just like her first husband and father of her children had done. Kurtis was not ordinary - - - he had a different mindset.

That evening Kurtis and Brenda loaded up the kids, went to dinner and the movies. When her son needed anything Kurtis would take care of him. When he needed to use the restroom, he picked him up out of his wheelchair, took him and brought him back. The kids loved Kurtis. At the end of the evening, Brenda knew this was the man she was going to marry and spend the rest of her life with.

A year later, they were married and Kurtis adopted both of her children. Since then they have added two more kids.

So what happened to Kurtis the stock boy and Brenda the check-out girl? Well, Mr. & Mrs. Kurt Warner now live in Arizona, where he is currently employed as the quarterback of the National Football League Arizona Cardinals and he and the Arizona Cardinals are going to the Super Bowl. Is this a surprise ending or could you have guessed that he was not an ordinary person.

It should be noted that he also quarterbacked the Rams in Super Bowl XXXVI.
wvsportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM   #13
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Too bad I have to cheer against him on Sunday. He's a good man and one heck of an example of a good father/husband!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:19 PM   #14
Preacher
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Too bad I have to cheer against him on Sunday. He's a good man and one heck of an example of a good father/husband!
Exactly.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:56 PM   #15
Preacher
Living Legend

Found out about the story....

It is very factually inaccurate.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/warner.asp

However, the story of the son is even sadder in many ways.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
welder4pit
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 11209

It does stink having to root against him.But thats kinda the way it is.It does make it easier cause he does already has a championship. Ido think if there were more people in the world like him it would be a much better place.
welder4pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:59 PM   #17
IAWarnerFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12150

Thanks for all the Kind words about Kurt and Brenda. I just hope your Steeler defense doesn't chew him up and spit him out.

I'm not fond of any of your Steelers, but your team is extremely talented on both sides of the ball that's for sure. I just hope the Cardinals can keep the game game close with a possible chance for the win at the end.
IAWarnerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:13 PM   #18
SteelCurtain7
Starter

Member Number: 10885

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Agreed.
SteelCurtain7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 10:52 PM   #19
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizze99 View Post
It really bothers me when people make fun of Kurt and his wife. Kurt is every bit of a gentleman and Brenda had it very tough before Kurt came into her life.
I agree. Brenda Warner is a great lady who has really seen hard times. Her parents were killed in a tornado and until she met Kurt, she was raising her 2 children as a single parent. After he married Brenda, Kurt adopted her children and they went on to have 5 children of their own. Hey - any woman who is still even remotely sane after raising 7 kids gets my respect and admiration!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:40 PM   #20
jev7452
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 11286

what an incredible story! i had no idea about any of that.. i always knew kurt warner was a good guy but wow!