Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 07:38 PM   #61
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

P.S. On the topic of Joe Flacco - I have repeatedly given that young man props for his talent, his grittiness and especially his poise. The Rats have FINALLY found their QB and he's going to make his mark in this league - no doubt about it.

Pssst - someone may want to tell Mr. Flacco that he left something at Heinz Field. Our defense returned it to the stadium lost and found office and I'm sure he'll be able to retrieve it there.

__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #62
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain
 
BehindSteelCurtain's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 918
Member Number: 11279
Thanks: 1
Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

No one is bashing Joe Flaxseed.
__________________
BehindSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:44 PM   #63
redst3
Starter
Supporter
 
redst3's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Disputed Zone Al-Habib Waterway
Posts: 545
Gender: Male
Member Number: 480
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Flaxseed is supposed to be good for you. Maybe he will improve the health of the Ravens.

Say what you want about the kid, he took em all the way down to the last part of the 4th quarter with a chance to make the Super Bowl. He improved greatly over the season and seemd to know his limitations. He might be decent in time. Remember he was a rookie.
__________________
__ My View is "One Sided"_____________
redst3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:48 PM   #64
JackHammer
Assistant Coach
 
JackHammer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Steel Valley
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5640
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Jack - c'mon knock it off, k? Who the shit cares anyway? That game AND the Rats games are now pleasant distant memories. They're sitting on their azzes at home and will be watching the Super Bowl on their boob tubes and the Steelers will be participating in the game.
That's not my point at all. It's one thing for someone to say that Flacco had a bad game because of our defense. That statement is absolutely true. It's another thing for someone to say that any QB would've had that bad of a game, especially when Rivers had a way better game just one week earlier as evidenced by that first drive 41 yard TD throw(a beauty of a throw btw). That's downright BS. What happened to Flacco was in a big part due to our D, but he also played like a rookie. If yinz don't want to admit that there are other QB's who are capable of playing better against our D than Flacco did last Sunday, then you're fooling yourself. It doesn't mean they'd do good enough to beat us, but it does mean that they'd do better than 13 of 30 for 141 yards, ZERO TD's and THREE INT's. Excuse me for being a realist.
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #65
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHammer View Post
That's not my point at all. It's one thing for someone to say that Flacco had a bad game because of our defense. That statement is absolutely true. It's another thing for someone to say that any QB would've had that bad of a game, especially when Rivers had a way better game just one week earlier as evidenced by that first drive 41 yard TD throw(a beauty of a throw btw). That's downright BS. What happened to Flacco was in a big part due to our D, but he also played like a rookie. If yinz don't want to admit that there are other QB's who are capable of playing better against our D than Flacco did last Sunday, then you're fooling yourself. It doesn't mean they'd do good enough to beat us, but it does mean that they'd do better than 13 of 30 for 141 yards, ZERO TD's and THREE INT's. Excuse me for being a realist.
I think you're nitpicking, but whatever. My point is - at this point, who really cares? So you didn't agree with SCG87's statement and that's your perogative. We all aren't going to agree on everything around here all the time. I just found your post to be a little snarkier than it really had to be.

OK - time to move forward and get ready for SBXLIII!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:03 PM   #66
JackHammer
Assistant Coach
 
JackHammer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The Steel Valley
Posts: 1,017
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5640
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I think you're nitpicking, but whatever. My point is - at this point, who really cares? So you didn't agree with SCG87's statement and that's your perogative. We all aren't going to agree on everything around here all the time. I just found your post to be a little snarkier than it really had to be.

OK - time to move forward and get ready for SBXLIII!
I won't deny that. That's one downfall of growing up in a mostly Italian household
JackHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:16 PM   #67
i82much
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 290
Member Number: 11562
Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDown24 View Post
I don't want to be mean... Honestly I don't. I know all of you fans down there love him, and he might get better - but the kid is average. It's not because he is a Raven that I'm saying that, it's true. I give him an A for effort and he's an alright quarterback but he got way too much credit for the Ravens success and he was drafted way too high. I saw him play horrible time after time this past season and they weren't "All" against the Steelers as you say. He played one of the worst games I've seen a quarterback play in a long time for two quarters when you guys played Washington. He also wasn't anything special in the two playoff wins of yours. The Titans gave the game away in the week prior to you losing to us and throughout the playoffs he didn't even manage the game anywhere close to well. You are right, he didn't lay an egg against us. He didn't lay an egg because that is the type of game you can expect from 'Average Joe' Flacco.
Although I disagree, you weren't a d*ck about it so hey, fair enough. Besides, I think some of what you say is accurate - the guy is, at best, an average NFL QB. On the other hand, average is pretty good for a rookie, and in most of our games he made plays when he had to. The fact that he didn't make plays against your D in the 4th quarter I still say doesn't reflect poorly on the kid, because your D played so well. How many times did you see him drop back, look at 2 or 3 receivers, realize they were all covered, and throw the ball away? He started forcing the ball toward the end of the game because his receivers were ALWAYS covered. After watching that game I think your secondary is far better than it gets credit for, although some of that also reflects on our lack of a real #1 receiver.

I guess my feelings can be best summed up as follows:

1) I want Arizona to beat you.
2) I seriously doubt that will happen.
3) I was (unhappily) amazed by how good your D was in the AFC Championship game.
4) I'm really excited about the Ravens future.
5) I still say if you got offended by my first post it's because you have a small wee-wee

All in good fun, folks, all in good fun.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:39 PM   #68
zsheik22
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 369
Member Number: 9466
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
So I take it you weren't to impressed by Ben in his rookie season either?? I guess according to you he 'didn't do SHIT' that year? I mean, after all, he took his team to the AFC Championship game and LOST to the Pats. You're saying Flacco didn't do anything of worth because his team didn't reach the Super Bowl. I just don't agree with that line of thinking. The guy is a rookie...give him a few more years and see what happens.

So Flacco didn't do to well against the Steelers this year....what qb did??? He still deserves a lot of credit for bringing his team as far as he did.



All you hear about is how we lost the AFC championship at home. He's right.
zsheik22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #69
i82much
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 290
Member Number: 11562
Thanks: 13
Thanked 47 Times in 19 Posts
Default Re: Flacco bashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsheik22 View Post
All you hear about is how we lost the AFC championship at home. He's right.
Maybe that's true of some folks. I think most Ravens fans would tell you we knew Ben was special that first year. The guy has ALWAYS had a knack for converting big 3rd downs, pushing off would-be sackers and finding the open receiver downfield for a big gain. Flacco has shown flashes of that knack and we're really excited here in B-more for just that reason.
i82much is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts