Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default The same guy that made all those great points about the Colts...

Has this to say about Denver (A little "rah-rah" for my tastes at the end, but interesting, nonetheless)

"Bill Cowher always talks about keeping things in perspective. I think this is a good time for me to put things in perspective. The one thing that is going to stick with me through the AFC Championship game is this…..the Denver Broncos and their fans hoped, begged, and prayed that they would get us in the championship game. Let that sink in a moment. Not only did the fans cheer for us to win. The coaches cheered for us to win. The team cheered for us to win. The whole damn city, the whole damn state, and Bronco fans across the world said send us the Steelers. We WANT the Steelers.

Think about that. Let it roll through your mind. They are not afraid of us. In fact, they wished for us. In the biggest game of the year to this point, we are the team they prayed to play. And, you can believe the home field advantage story if you like, but the Steelers have shown us otherwise. They do not care WHO they play, where they play it, or when they get it on. They are just taking all comers. They have dug in. They are ready to fight and if you want it, you have to take it from them. Yet, the Broncos prayed that they would get us. If facing the Colts did not matter to them, it would not matter where they got it on.

It leads me to believe the Broncos feel they can just take the Championship from the Steelers and they prayed for this opportunity. It has been 25 years since the Steelers won a championship. It has been a decade since their last Super Bowl. And, if we lay down against the Broncos and let them take this, then arguably the greatest running back to ever play for us, certainly in the last 20 years, is going to leave without a championship.

I am not laying down. It is not the time to play nice. I do not want to be friends. Pop the mouthpiece in and clinch it between your teeth until your gums bleed and get ready. This is not the time to second guess our team. It is not the time to wonder if we have enough. The Steelers have taken us on a wonderful ride this season and continue to head into hostile venues and punch people in the mouths. It is time for us to stand behind them, be sure in our resolve, and let everyone know that WE DO BELIEVE. I know I believe. I believe that we are the best team left. I believe that we want it more and our players will not look past anyone. I believe in Bettis. I believe in Ben. I believe in our line. I believe in every part of this team, right down to the trainers. I believe in the Steelers with every fiber of my being.

This is our time. OUR TIME. Do not be afraid to believe. I know I do."

(Disclaimer: I didn't write this...I'm just posting it here because it's interesting)
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 12:32 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,981 Times in 3,024 Posts
Default Re: The same guy that made all those great points about the Colts...

i like how this dude thinks. this pretty much goes right in line with the thread of ducking teams in the playoffs. and how the broncos looked at facing the colts as the hard road and the steelers as the easy road. almost like the team and coaches have already won a moral victory by playing the steelers at home vs. the colts on the road.

i understand all the coaches and players saying it was just about having that game at home and for the fans but i think it was a little fear there too of the competition (the colts). i think the steelers are in a trully unique situation out of the 32 teams where the fans and maybe even the coaches and players to some extent actually root and wish for an afc champ game on the road. its definitely odd. i dont think the team would trade going to denver next week with hosting denver instead.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 01:24 PM   #3
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I believe man, I believe.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:12 PM   #4
SalukiSteelers
Starter

Location: Live in Carbondale, IL, USA, home of the SIU Salukis.
Member Number: 844

AMEN!
SalukiSteelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Quote:
I am not laying down. It is not the time to play nice. I do not want to be friends. Pop the mouthpiece in and clinch it between your teeth until your gums bleed and get ready. This is not the time to second guess our team. It is not the time to wonder if we have enough. The Steelers have taken us on a wonderful ride this season and continue to head into hostile venues and punch people in the mouths. It is time for us to stand behind them, be sure in our resolve, and let everyone know that WE DO BELIEVE. I know I believe. I believe that we are the best team left. I believe that we want it more and our players will not look past anyone. I believe in Bettis. I believe in Ben. I believe in our line. I believe in every part of this team, right down to the trainers. I believe in the Steelers with every fiber of my being.

This is our time. OUR TIME. Do not be afraid to believe. I know I do
Damn it doesnt get any more powerful than that. We're the black n gold and we believe damnit !! The past is the past and it cant help us or hurt us. We're on a mission and taking this thing !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #6
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

We've been knocking on the door to a get to a Super Bowl. Now let's knock the damn thing down!
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #7
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed

what a strong message! Ill re-read this before the game Sunday! :)
Old 01-19-2006, 09:54 PM   #8
geran42o
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 48

Doesn't that just stike a cord right in the core of your being???? MAN I BELIEVE!!!!

geran42o is offline   Reply With Quote