Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 01-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default The pathetic jealousy of the SeaScum fans knows no bounds.

(My friends here is a the description that is out on ebay of a letter supposdly from Dan Rooney after our glorious victory of the whining SeaScums in Superbowl XL. I think it's a fake. - mesa)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Angry-letter-fro...ayphotohosting

Like many long-time diehard Seattle Seahawks fans, on February 5th, 2006 I was flabbergasted that the NFL and Bill Leavy’s officiating crew in Super Bowl XL would so deliberately play favorites to the Pittsburgh Steelers, effectively eliminating any chance that the Seahawks had of winning that championship game.

Within a week of the game, I had written a five-page letter to then NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue carefully detailing the many bad calls that had gone against the Seahawks for imaginary penalties, and the non-calls that had been ignored for the Steelers all game long in a transparent effort to prevent the Seahawks from winning the game. I also attached a number of newspaper articles and editorials that expressed outrage over the officiating to further bolster my case. I copied the letter to Seahawks owner Paul Allen and Steelers owner Dan Rooney.

Lo and behold just a couple weeks later I received a personal reply from Dan Rooney himself, which was copied to Commissioner Tagliabue, attempting to refute my concerns about the officiating. Mr. Rooney wrote, in part: “You are something special -- you watch a TV broadcast of Super Bowl XL with all the interruptions, camera locations, replays, and now know more than anyone else in America on what was wrong with the officiating.” Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers “really” did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy.

For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed “win.”

As Coach Mike Holmgren so eloquently said the day after the Super Bowl: “we knew it was going to be tough playing the Pittsburgh Steelers, but we didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well.” Tellingly, Coach Holmgren was never fined by the league for this astute observation.

The winning bidder will recieve the personal letter written by Dan Rooney and dated February 22, 2006 on official Pittsburgh Steelers letterhead and signed personally by Mr. Rooney, his attached two-page explanation of the officiating, and the official Pittsburgh Steelers envelope the letter arrived in from 3400 Water Street in Pittsburgh. All are in perfect condition, and have been kept in a manila file folder in my personal filing cabinet ever since I first received the letter. I will retain a photocopy of the letter for myself as a personal keepsake.

Feel free to email me with any questions you might have about this item. Thank you, and good luck!

(Coverage from the SeaScum newsrag the Seattle Times. - mesa)
http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/daily...petty_lett.php

Seahawks Blog

Danny O'Neil covers the Seahawks for The Seattle Times.

E-mail Danny| Seahawks forum| RSS feeds Subscribe | Blog Home

January 25, 2009 2:13 PM
(My friends the sick depravity of the SeaScum fans knows no bounds This "item" is avaiable on ebay.. - mesa)

Like many long-time diehard Seattle Seahawks fans, on February 5th, 2006 I was flabbergasted that the NFL and Bill Leavy’s officiating crew in Super Bowl XL would so deliberately play favorites to the Pittsburgh Steelers, effectively eliminating any chance that the Seahawks had of winning that championship game.

Within a week of the game, I had written a five-page letter to then NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue carefully detailing the many bad calls that had gone against the Seahawks for imaginary penalties, and the non-calls that had been ignored for the Steelers all game long in a transparent effort to prevent the Seahawks from winning the game. I also attached a number of newspaper articles and editorials that expressed outrage over the officiating to further bolster my case. I copied the letter to Seahawks owner Paul Allen and Steelers owner Dan Rooney.

Lo and behold just a couple weeks later I received a personal reply from Dan Rooney himself, which was copied to Commissioner Tagliabue, attempting to refute my concerns about the officiating. Mr. Rooney wrote, in part: “You are something special -- you watch a TV broadcast of Super Bowl XL with all the interruptions, camera locations, replays, and now know more than anyone else in America on what was wrong with the officiating.” Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers “really” did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy.

For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed “win.”

As Coach Mike Holmgren so eloquently said the day after the Super Bowl: “we knew it was going to be tough playing the Pittsburgh Steelers, but we didn't know we were going to have to play the guys in the striped shirts as well.” Tellingly, Coach Holmgren was never fined by the league for this astute observation.

The winning bidder will recieve the personal letter written by Dan Rooney and dated February 22, 2006 on official Pittsburgh Steelers letterhead and signed personally by Mr. Rooney, his attached two-page explanation of the officiating, and the official Pittsburgh Steelers envelope the letter arrived in from 3400 Water Street in Pittsburgh. All are in perfect condition, and have been kept in a manila file folder in my personal filing cabinet ever since I first received the letter. I will retain a photocopy of the letter for myself as a personal keepsake.

Feel free to email me with any questions you might have about this item. Thank you, and good luck!
Steelers' owners response to criticism of Super Bowl XL officiating available on E-Bay
http://blog.seattletimes.nwsource.co...rs_owners.html
Posted by Danny O'Neil

I was sent this E-Bay posting that gave me a chuckle. It's putting a letter from Steelers owner Dan Rooney responding to a fan who believed the officials were responsible for the Steelers winning Super Bowl XL.

The Seahawks fan mailed a letter to Paul Tagliabue, the league's commissioner at the time, listing the complaints regarding penalties that were called against Seattle and penalties that were not called on Pittsburgh. He included some media coverage of the officiating and he copied Rooney and Seahawks owner Paul Allen.

Here's what happened next, according to the E-Bay post:

"Just a couple weeks later I received a personal reply from Dan Rooney himself, which was copied to Commissioner Tagliabue, attempting to refute my concerns about the officiating. Mr. Rooney wrote, in part: 'You are something special -- you watch a TV broadcast of Super Bowl XL with all the interruptions, camera locations, replays, and now know more than anyone else in America on what was wrong with the officiating.'

"Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers 'really' did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy."

As for the appeal of the item? Here's his explanation:

"For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed 'win.' "
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
SteelerFan091472
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2025
Default Re: The pathetic jealousy of the SeaScum fans knows no bounds.

This really get's old with some of these Seahawk fans. They've been so brainwashed into believing that the refs stole the game from them. How about maybe the Steelers were the superior team that day?

Maybe they should be upset with Mike Holmgren for his crappy clock management at the end of both halves of Super Bowl XL. There are probably high school coaches that could do a better job of clock management than Holmgren did in that game.
SteelerFan091472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
Stang909
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4659

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan091472 View Post
This really get's old with some of these Seahawk fans. They've been so brainwashed into believing that the refs stole the game from them. How about maybe the Steelers were the superior team that day?

Maybe they should be upset with Mike Holmgren for his crappy clock management at the end of both halves of Super Bowl XL. There are probably high school coaches that could do a better job of clock management than Holmgren did in that game.

I know of a former NFL head coach who couldn't do a better job of clock management. Any guesses?

Romeo Crennel

On Ice or Grass We'll kick your Ass!
Stang909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

man, they just dont stop crying. no wonder why it rains so much there
Sharkissle29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 PM   #5
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

That was the closest they will ever come to greatness and they know it...so...they have to live in the past and blame the "refs" for the Late game INT, the blown coverage on the End Around Pass, the 7 dropped balls by their Tight End, their lack of showing up after the half and making a tackle on a 75 yard TD run...yep...all the refs fault.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #6
Edman
Living Legend

Member Number: 3261
My Mood: Brooding

"For Steelers fans, this would be a great acquisition to show your beloved owner giving the business to an uppity Seahawks fan who was complaining about the Super Bowl XL officiating. For Seahawks fans, this would likewise be a great acquisition conclusively demonstrating the insecurity of the Steelers over their supposed 'win.' "

Insecurity about what? The Steelers still see FIVE Super Bowl trophies in that case to your zero. You're the bunch who decided to make this an issue AGAIN. Not the Steelers. Funny that this 'item' would suddenly arise when Pittsburgh returned to the Super Bowl.

"Wow! I guess I really got his attention and got under his skin! Mr. Rooney goes on to supplement the letter with a two-page 20-point explanation of why the Steelers 'really' did outplay the Seahawks for the Lombardi Trophy."

What's stopping you from posting it, then? Come on! Let's see that Two-page explanation!

The Seashits and the whole region of Seattle can go to hell.
Edman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 PM   #7
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Well the SeaScum newspaper has been running a week long series comparing their garbage team to the Steelers.

Since SuperBowl XL when we righteously beat them we have now gone on to another SuperBowl and they have gone straight into the ToiletBowl in the worst division in football.

Doubtless the comparison between their horrible team and our magnificent Steelers has inflamed their hurt little feelings and they are looking for anyway at all to strike back.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:00 PM   #8
Phade
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3954

ill upbid it to a zillion
Phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:03 PM   #9
Phade
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3954

Item you've bid on:
Angry letter from the Steelers Dan Rooney re: SB XL
Time left: 8 days 15 hours [Feb-04-09 11:19:57 PST]
History: 20 bids
Your current bid: US $355.00
Your maximum bid: US $500,000.00

i hope i win
Phade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
TheSteelCurtain
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 10715

haha thats great mayn.
TheSteelCurtain is offline   Reply With Quote