Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-21-2009, 05:26 AM   #111
lukas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10914
Default Re: Hola... IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

This isn't Cowher football.

Mike Tomlin has shown that he can make huge post-halftime adjustments. Take a look at our 3rd quarter statistics. Our point margin is huge. Like, astronomically huge. While Arians is a bit of a dullard, Lebeau's adjustments absolutely shuts down offenses that were on a hot streak. And for whatever ineptness Arians has at one-dimensional playcalling, Ben has that "it" factor that makes things happen during crunch time.

And as Tomlin has shown playing the Chargers, give him two weeks of prep-time and a well-rested team, and he'll work magic. The Divisional game against the Chargers was nothing like the nail-biter during the regular season.

In recent history, our secondary was odd. We would statistically be good against the pass, but we always had a tendency to give up huge passing plays to prolific offenses (Brady and the Patriots, Indy and the Colts, etc.) With Tomlin on board and his secondary coaching experience, he seems to have greatly shored up this deficiency with pretty much the same players. They're leaps and bounds better than they were several years ago.

Not going to lie. Warner and Fitz worries me quite a bit. They're explosive and hot at just the right time. Fitz has ascended into a whole new level, and while Ike has been quietly shutting down #1 receivers of good offenses, I don't know yet if he will be quite enough. I don't doubt that a big play will happen here and there in two weeks.

I don't really care too much about Whiz's past. The insider information works both ways, even if it's more sided in Whizenhunt's favor.
lukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:15 AM   #112
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSlash27 View Post
We've already shut down Houston and New England this year (#3 and #5). I see no reason why we can't do the same to #4.
Oh but don't worry. The just beat the #3 defense so they will totally crush us with that #4 offense...atleast thats what they think
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 AM   #113
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petesburgh66 View Post
This is the same team that got their butts kicked by two AFC teams this year, in which both use the 3-4 D. Heck, both of those teams failed to make the playoffs. Sorry, the Steelers D is another level than compared to the Jets and Pats. The Cards will find that out in two Sundays from now.
And of course the Cardinal fans won't want to talk about those 2 performances where Warner was horrible against 3-4 defenses in the Jets and Cheaters. Warner won't know what hit him on 2/1/09.
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:07 PM   #114
HughC
Starter

Member Number: 8512

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
BTW I just love how opposing fans roll in here and talk to Steelers fans like the fans are playing in the SB or something. They fail to realize that the players themselves are in no way overlooking the Cards....they are preparing for them and they will be ready. As fans we have the luxury of feeling confident though, so I really don't think they have any place to come in here and tell us how we should or shouldn't feel about our confidence level. IMO the Cardinals don't really bring anything to the field that the Steelers haven't faced (and beaten) already this year.
Great post SteelCityMom! It's highly unfortunate that it is also probably more intelligent than anything we'll hear in the pre-game analysis from the national sites like bspn, fox, cbs, and nbc.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #115
JPSEMP
Water Boy

Member Number: 11283

We will run the ball well against this defense and that will be the difference in the game. Although the rushing game has not been a strength all season it has improved through the second half of the season. The line isnt good enough to run against a good defense but they have played well when going up against average run defenses. The Cards are just that an average run defense even in these playoffs they are giving up over 4 yds a pop.
JPSEMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #116
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billscarnage View Post
Cards have forced 12 TO's in the PO's... They are rollin!

I give the slight edge because the Steelers have played more consistent for a longer period.. That's IT!
Ya those stats are inflated from your 12th man Jake Delhome
Old 01-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #117
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9529
Post Re: Hola... IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!

We already have 5 super bowl wins. How many do the cardinals have?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #118
PoundinSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12346

Quote:
Ya those stats are inflated from your 12th man Jake Delhome
I've had this "We are on a Roll" argument with quite a few Card fans. I have never seen a more inept preformance from a QB and coaching staff than I witnessed from "Jake the Fake" and company that night. The Falcons were a one trick pony with Turner. The Eagles had a one dimensional offense and an over-rated defense. (They played their best game of the year against us and played only 2 decent passing teams all year, Cards and Cowboys.)
PoundinSteel is offline   Reply With Quote