Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-30-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
AZBurgher
Water Boy

Member Number: 12637
Default No Steelers Jerseys allowed in Phoenix school.

My stepsons Charter School here in Phoenix informed the students yesterday that the uniform policy would be lifted today in order to allow the students to wear thier Cardinals gear. My stepson, (who follows our beloved Stillers) asked if he could wear his Hines Ward Jersey, he was told "NO'.

I took him to school this morning in my Lambert Throwback Jersey to speak witth the principal. I asked her that in the interest of fairness and equal representation if my stepson would be permitted to wear his jersey. She informed me that the staff would discuss it and if they deceided against it that they would keep his jersey at the office. I told her if that was the case that I would pick him up from school as he would not be attendiing. He is home now!

I called WPXI and a local station is enroute to do the story. Keep an eye out for the story

GO STEELERS!
AZBurgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 PM   #2
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: No Steelers Jerseys allowed in Phoenix school.

GO STEELERS!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

You are completely in the right on this! And I'm not just saying that as a Steelers fan, that is EXTREMELY unfair of that school!!!! GO STEELERS!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #4
Benzbrother
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12117

Wow thats unbelievable. I remember my old high school (which is private) allowed fans to wear Steelers jerseys the Friday before the big game 3 years ago and there were a few students who came wearing Seahawks jerseys. I can't believe the school in AZ would be such jerks about a KID representing his favorite team before the Super Bowl. It takes all kinds I guess...

Sig created by 86WARD-- thanks!
Benzbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #5
Polamalu Princess
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 7120

Good for you!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #6
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070

Wow..... What a great way to show children how to be a role model. I would certainly have some choice words for that principal. I would also ask her if she knew what segregation is.....

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #7
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

So much for schools teaching unique thought over uniformity of thought and displacing hegemony in society.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:24 PM   #8
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

how about that?

i spoke to a woman this morning at the Walmart bakery about making a cake for my Super Bowl party and she was wearing a Steeler shirt. i said, "are you ready for the game this weekend." she shrugged and gave me this disgusted look. she replies, "i'm a Redskins fan." i said, "wow! you're the first of your kind around these parts." we shared a laugh as she proceeded to tell me how the local high school allowed their kids to wear Steeler stuff for the day. BUT she raised her kids as Redskins fans and apparently, they hate the Steelers and want to wear their Skins stuff to school.

i laughed at the thought and then i read this post about schools banning kids from wearing opposing teams to school. i think this lady is justified and those kids are justified in wearing ANYTHING they want to school. well, anything that fits the dress code, you know? but even children have free will and they should not be chastized for it. if those lil tikes in Arizona want to wear their Steelers stuff...God willing. and if kids in PA want to wear Skins stuff...so what? what's the point of taking a childs right to do what they want away?
Old 01-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #9
kittenfantastico76
Starter

Member Number: 11856

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityKing View Post
how about that?

i spoke to a woman this morning at the Walmart bakery about making a cake for my Super Bowl party and she was wearing a Steeler shirt. i said, "are you ready for the game this weekend." she shrugged and gave me this disgusted look. she replies, "i'm a Redskins fan." i said, "wow! you're the first of your kind around these parts." we shared a laugh as she proceeded to tell me how the local high school allowed their kids to wear Steeler stuff for the day. BUT she raised her kids as Redskins fans and apparently, they hate the Steelers and want to wear their Skins stuff to school.

i laughed at the thought and then i read this post about schools banning kids from wearing opposing teams to school. i think this lady is justified and those kids are justified in wearing ANYTHING they want to school. well, anything that fits the dress code, you know? but even children have free will and they should not be chastized for it. if those lil tikes in Arizona want to wear their Steelers stuff...God willing. and if kids in PA want to wear Skins stuff...so what? what's the point of taking a childs right to do what they want away?
Why on EARTH would she wear the Steelers shirt if she hated them... I would have just wore my usual outfit I needed to wear for work, ya know? NOW... if it was Skins vs. Steelers in the super bowl she should have been able to wear her shirt. :)

I definitely would NOT wear a Cardinals shirt/jersey or even PURCHASE that stuff to wear if I didn't like the team. Every year I've watch the bowl games, I wear whatever.. if my team isn't playing I might still wear Steelers stuff to a friends house... actually now that I think of it... all my friends wore their favorite team jersey regardless who was in the super bowl.. and we all chose sides and cheered... but never once did we buy a shirt to pick a side pre-game... that's a waste of money!

EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO WEAR THE TEAM THEY LIKE REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY LIVE OR WHO'S IN THE BOWL GAME! ... just my 2 cents.. (or 20 cents since this is so long - ending now).
Old 01-30-2009, 04:55 PM   #10
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittenfantastico76 View Post
Why on EARTH would she wear the Steelers shirt if she hated them... I would have just wore my usual outfit I needed to wear for work, ya know? NOW... if it was Skins vs. Steelers in the super bowl she should have been able to wear her shirt. :)

I definitely would NOT wear a Cardinals shirt/jersey or even PURCHASE that stuff to wear if I didn't like the team. Every year I've watch the bowl games, I wear whatever.. if my team isn't playing I might still wear Steelers stuff to a friends house... actually now that I think of it... all my friends wore their favorite team jersey regardless who was in the super bowl.. and we all chose sides and cheered... but never once did we buy a shirt to pick a side pre-game... that's a waste of money!

EVERYONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO WEAR THE TEAM THEY LIKE REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY LIVE OR WHO'S IN THE BOWL GAME! ... just my 2 cents.. (or 20 cents since this is so long - ending now).
i asked her the same thing, "why would you wear that if you don't like them?" she said, "because she didn't want to be lokoed down upon at work." granted, Walmart has a halfassed strict dress code. blue top and khakis for day time workers and jeans of overnight people. yet, she still chose to wear her Steeler shirt and NOT her Redskins shirt. regardless of if they are in the Bowl game or not...wear the team you love and crap on everyone else.

as for a CHILD being denied the honor and privilege of wearing his team colors...that just goes to show that hatred for the Steelers trickles down to the smallest of fans. poor kid doesn't deserve to be outsted for loving his team. i'm waiting for a baby to be aborted because he or she had a birthmark that looked like the Steeler diamonds! haha! i know that sounded harsh, but you never know what lengths Steeler haters would go to make sure our nation doesn't grow like it should. =)

the principle of the school was probably just jealous because the kid had a Lambert jersey and he didn't. haha!