Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-31-2009, 12:07 PM   #1
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082
Default I can't believe no FWP haters have posted this yet.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11315813
Whether you think FWP great or not there is zero point to writing this article. Willie deserves more respect. How about writing about an undrafted player who worked his but off to get where he is at, instead of some first round prick with millions handed him along with the starting job. Instead this guy writes about a so called bitter player. Poor taste. I guess these 2 weeks of boredom bring out the worst in writers. Man I hope Willie has a huge game.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:17 PM   #2
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083
Default Re: I can't believe no FWP haters haven't posted this yet.

"He's a very good player, but let's be clear on this: He's not a great player".[/B]

Lets be clear on this: Gregg Doyel, you're not even a mediocre journalist...and you'll never be a great journalist.....so STFU!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:19 PM   #3
CPanther95
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 11672
Default Re: I can't believe no FWP haters have posted this yet.

I think all those swirlies Gregg Doyel suffered in school has made him very bitter.
Old 01-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #4
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984
Thanked 1,317 Times in 477 Posts

Quote:
I was there when Parker was playing at North Carolina -- or when he was not playing at North Carolina. I was part of the media who covered the Tar Heels, talked to the coaches, went to practice, went to games. I saw Parker. I was unimpressed, and call me an idiot for lots of things, but not for this. I was unimpressed with Parker for one basic reason: He was unimpressive.
So? And Cedric Benson and Ron Dayne tore it up in college and have absolutely sucked in the NFL. Point please?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
GodofGridiron
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10597

He does have a valid point about Willie's pass catching abilities. Cant argue with that. Just think of how potent this offense would be if we could get him in open space with some swing passes or well designed screens.

This is one area Willie hasnt shown he wants to improve in and he needs to put in the work so that coaches can have confidence in him. Great players do things in the offseason to achieve just that--Greatness.
GodofGridiron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #6
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodofGridiron View Post
He does have a valid point about Willie's pass catching abilities. Cant argue with that. Just think of how potent this offense would be if we could get him in open space with some swing passes or well designed screens.

This is one area Willie hasnt shown he wants to improve in and he needs to put in the work so that coaches can have confidence in him. Great players do things in the offseason to achieve just that--Greatness.
I am not arguing that Willie should be considered "great", its more about the why would he write about college now. Its irrelevant but it was the only way he could include himself in the article. The guy is narcissistic or something. I know Willie has deficiencies, but as a non drafted RB out of NC, who didn't even start the, real story is about perseverance not bitterness. Willie didn't like the way he was treated in college so why would he mention NC. Willie has had the last laugh though.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #7
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

When you've got jets for legs, and the O line parts that D like the Red Sea, then f**k the catching abilities!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote