Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-02-2009, 10:02 AM   #1
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 1070
Default Why? Some Eagle fans are idiots...

I live in DE which is predominantly Eagles territory. It just amazes me how much HATORADE this a-holes drink. I am trying to do my work and enjoy our 6th SB victory and these jackasses are doing their best to rain on my parade. I seriously think I going to knock a bitch out today.

Why can't they accept a non-Philly team from PA winning a Championship? What pisses me off is that I was happy for them and congratulated them when the Phillies won the World Series this summer. NEVER again will I ever say a nice thing to these idiots.

"You win by attrition. You impose your will on your opponent." ~ Mike Tomlin
drizze99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Steelcitygal87
Banned

Member Number: 10583
Default Re: Why? Some Eagle fans are idiots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizze99 View Post
I live in DE which is predominantly Eagles territory. It just amazes me how much HATORADE this a-holes drink. I am trying to do my work and enjoy our 6th SB victory and these jackasses are doing their best to rain on my parade. I seriously think I going to knock a bitch out today.

Why can't they accept a non-Philly team from PA winning a Championship? What pisses me off is that I was happy for them and congratulated them when the Phillies won the World Series this summer. NEVER again will I ever say a nice thing to these idiots.
When people speak with so much venom and hatred, its root cause is usually JEALOUSY. True fans of the game of football recognize, admire and respect a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers...what they have accomplished over the years. Hang in there! They are giving you a hard time because they know it will get you ticked off and upset..don't give them the satisfaction of letting them know it does.
Steelcitygal87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #3
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcitygal87 View Post
When people speak with so much venom and hatred, its root cause is usually JEALOUSY. True fans of the game of football recognize, admire and respect a team like the Pittsburgh Steelers...what they have accomplished over the years. Hang in there! They are giving you a hard time because they know it will get you ticked off and upset..don't give them the satisfaction of letting them know it does.
Agreed. Some people you just can't be nice to no matter how hard you try. Sad...just...sad.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #4
Pi Kapp Steeler
Team Captain

Member Number: 11049

Quote:

I would have just smiled, like i am now , and said my team has 6 Superbowl rings how many does yours have?
Old 02-02-2009, 10:30 AM   #5
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

What steelcitygal said, it is out of pure jealousy. Can't wait to get to work tomorrow to hear what the Browns fans have to say.

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:36 AM   #6
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

I'm sitting in my office in Philly right now in my 43 jersey, and it's not too bad so far.

My MIL is a die hard Iggles fan and she's very happy for us.

However, many of them are just plain jealous tools.

Wave the fisfullls of rings at them and tell them to go on their merry way.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #7
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

You guys are right.... I am just going to try and ignore them and smile... and probably bite my tongue.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
drizze99
Team Captain
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CargoJon View Post
I'm sitting in my office in Philly right now in my 43 jersey, and it's not too bad so far.

My MIL is a die hard Iggles fan and she's very happy for us.

However, many of them are just plain jealous tools.

Wave the fisfullls of rings at them and tell them to go on their merry way.
Yea, I am wearing my Bettis jersey and have my terrible towel hanging out of my back pocket... Oh and I have one of my Steelers hats on.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #9
BrandonCarr39
Team Captain

Member Number: 7458

Quote:

Both the Eagles fans AND the Philly sports media are the biggest kool-aid drinkers in all of sports. Every offseason/TC, they act like they have 22 Pro Bowlers and are locks to win the Super Bowl...which is why whenever they come up short, it gives me at least some satisfaction, especially if my team stinks it up-plus they go from intimidating other fanbases to fighting amongst themselves. With the Redskins and Giants, at least there's some mutual respect shared among our fanbases.

BTW-it's also laughable when they think just beating the Cowboys is their Super Bowl. OTOH-when we beat the Eagles, it's just that...ONLY another win.
BrandonCarr39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #10
shevdog
Team Captain

Member Number: 120

I too live in "Eagle's Country", in Chester County, just 20 miles out of Center City Philly...

Well the co-workers have been good sports, which is sorta nice. (I feed off the trash talking). I got bitter looks last night and especially this morning at sight of my black and gold. You'd think their Phillies winning would get that stick out their "you know where". They lust after the hardware from Tiffany's & Co that we have an abundance of.

So I'll sport my "Got Rings" shirt and will enjoy sporting black and gold at the Flyers game I am going to later this month!

Btw, on my drive to work in West Chester, I drove down good ole US 202 holding my Terrible Towel out the window for all those Eagles fans + Steelers Nation who were stuck in traffic getting on US-30!

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S, Steelers!

Steelers Football: Simply the Best!
shevdog is offline   Reply With Quote