Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Help Center > Feedback & Support

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default I'm calling yinz out

At least I'm calling all of yinz who HAVE NOT DONATED to this fine and excellent site.

I just did so why don't you?

I know the economy sucks but you can afford a few bucks. So man up and be a true Steeler fan and donate.

If you don't donate then you are nothing more than Cleveland Clown, a Queen City Bungle or a wretched Cheatriot.

mesaSteeler
Old 02-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #2
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10642
Default Re: I'm calling yinz out

lets see,i just lost my job and am in the progress of losing my house but in all means i should donate money to this site cause you say im bascially a piece of garbage if i dont do it, cause you have the extra money to do so....and cause you feel the need to look down on and rip on the people who dont donate like you did....nice-
Old 02-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #3
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
lets see,i just lost my job and am in the progress of losing my house but in all means i should donate money to this site cause you say im bascially a piece of garbage if i dont do it, cause you have the extra money to do so....and cause you feel the need to look down on and rip on the people who dont donate like you did....nice-
Cry me a river.

This is NOT a free site.

It costs money to maintain and the people who are doing it are going through economic times just like everyone else. It's not like anyone has to donate thousands of dollars I'm sure just a single dollar would be appreciated.

If I were losing my job and house I would not be hanging around here or paying for Internet access.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #4
Steeldude
Living Legend

mesa, that's the kind of post that stops people from donating.
Old 02-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #5
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

wow,thats very nice of you to post this to another steelers fan and even more than that,another human being...to be so uncaring like that...are you serious???...did you actually say-cry me a river?.....does that make you feel good?????....i sure hope and pray you or any of your family doesnt have to go threw the struggles me and my familly are going threw right now,as i would'nt wish this on my worst enemy.......i was so happy to be a steelers fan until i read your post,now my faith is shaken as one of my own has written such a hateful thing to me.....thanks for kicking someone when they are down,be proud
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Cry me a river.

This is NOT a free site.

It costs money to maintain and the people who are doing it are going through economic times just like everyone else. It's not like anyone has to donate thousands of dollars I'm sure just a single dollar would be appreciated.

If I were losing my job and house I would not be hanging around here or paying for Internet access.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #6
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
mesa, that's the kind of post that stops people from donating.
Seriously..

It's unfathomable, almost psychotic you can say something like that to a fellow Steeler fan, and a fellow human being. wow, just wow. It is a free site, that is why it is called, donating. If it wasn't free you would have to pay a membership fee.

WOW.
Old 02-04-2009, 07:12 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I don't think mesa was trying to insult or demean anyone with his post - he was simply doing what several other members, including me, here have done in the past - asking for donations to help keep the site running and updated.

No one has ever asked for a King's ransom, so chill out! I realize the economic times have taken its toll on just about everyone, but on the other hand - why should a handful of people, including me, continue to donate every year to keep the site going so that everyone else can reap the benefits? It's simply not fair.

Whether it's a dollar, $5, $10, $20 - whatever - it goes to keeping this site operating and updated and is very much appreciated.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 02-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #8
lambertlunaticfan
Bench Warmer

really,you see nothing wrong with telling people basically that they are nothing if they dont "donate" to this site like they did.........and seriously,you see nothing wrong with what mesa said to me about "cry me a river"....thats a good way to talk to another steelers fan and another person,thats ok with you,to degrade someone who lost thier job and thier home and doesnt have the income enough to give money away like on here,i wish i had the extra money to be willy,nilly with it like this-oh the good old days,but nowadays i have to count every penny and cant afford to give money to here,does that mean i should stop being on here,cause after this post it has made me want to leave here,if that is how other steeler fans are going to treat me,and then can be excused for it,like you have done for them......i get it,lifers stick up for each other,but if you cant rip on them even if they are wrong with what they said,then i guess i have to say i'm ashamed to be linked with people that think its ok to be this mean to another person.......you dont think he ment to insult,that's sad,if you really think that.......theres a nice way to say that and a bad way and he chose the bad way......mesa was very insulting the way he asked,its the saying-its not what you say,its HOW you say it.......and then to say what he said to me,was uncalled for and to me mesa should be banned for saying it...as i don't think thats the steelers fan that any one should be,we are a family of the steelers and to turn on a fellow steeler fan like that,to me has no place on here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I don't think mesa was trying to insult or demean anyone with his post - he was simply doing what several other members, including me, here have done in the past - asking for donations to help keep the site running and updated.

No one has ever asked for a King's ransom, so chill out! I realize the economic times have taken its toll on just about everyone, but on the other hand - why should a handful of people, including me, continue to donate every year to keep the site going so that everyone else can reap the benefits? It's simply not fair.

Whether it's a dollar, $5, $10, $20 - whatever - it goes to keeping this site operating and updated and is very much appreciated.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
SC Steeler Steve
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 12276

Damn!!!!
Old 02-04-2009, 08:32 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambertlunaticfan View Post
really,you see nothing wrong with telling people basically that they are nothing if they dont "donate" to this site like they did.........and seriously,you see nothing wrong with what mesa said to me about "cry me a river"....thats a good way to talk to another steelers fan and another person,thats ok with you,to degrade someone who lost thier job and thier home and doesnt have the income enough to give money away like on here,i wish i had the extra money to be willy,nilly with it like this-oh the good old days,but nowadays i have to count every penny and cant afford to give money to here,does that mean i should stop being on here,cause after this post it has made me want to leave here,if that is how other steeler fans are going to treat me,and then can be excused for it,like you have done for them......i get it,lifers stick up for each other,but if you cant rip on them even if they are wrong with what they said,then i guess i have to say i'm ashamed to be linked with people that think its ok to be this mean to another person.......you dont think he ment to insult,that's sad,if you really think that.......theres a nice way to say that and a bad way and he chose the bad way......mesa was very insulting the way he asked,its the saying-its not what you say,its HOW you say it.......and then to say what he said to me,was uncalled for and to me mesa should be banned for saying it...as i don't think thats the steelers fan that any one should be,we are a family of the steelers and to turn on a fellow steeler fan like that,to me has no place on here
I think you are taking this way too personally, LLF. mesa had no clue about your financial situation when he made the post and knowing mesa as I do, I know that the last sentence of his post was made in sarcasm (damn - where is that sarcasm smiley when you need it? ) I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time in your personal life, but most people have hit a bump in the road at sometime during their lives, be it financially, medically, losing a job, a loved one, etc. You aren't alone.

If you don't wish to donate or can't donate, that's fine - no problem! I just find it terribly unfair that there are so many people who have been here for quite a while and haven't donated one single penny to help keep this site running for their enjoyment as well as everyone else's. Does that mean they aren't welcome here? No - that's NOT what I am saying. But - when someone who refuses to donate takes an unjustified shot at another member who has donated and is basically paying to be ridiculed and insulted, I'm going to call it out every time because it just isn't right.

mesa did absolutely NOTHING to be banned for. We'll just have to agree to disagree here.

The Anti-Wahoo
Closed Thread