Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-30-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
steelersfanman92
Starter

Member Number: 3372
Default Any rugby players/fans

I was just wondering if anyone on here plays or is a rugby fan?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:13 AM   #2
nojobny
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 5924
Default Re: Any rugby players/fans

I grew up around rugby b/c my dad played it for years. (and sometimes still plays). Pretty impressive for a 69 year old.

He played for Old Blue and in DC as well, plus a few teams aboard when he lived there.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:18 PM   #3
NFL STEELERS NRL DRAGONS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7987

Hell yea ive played both rugby union and rugby league.

In my opinion rugby league is best football code played from where i come from and that being Sydney New South Wales Australia.

As you can tell from my signature I support the St George Illawarra Dragons in the NRL competition. In state of origin games my money is always on the New South Wales Blues (c o c k r o a c h s) to trounce the Queensland Maroons (Cane Toads). In Iternational games there are none better than the Australian Kangaroos in the game of rugby league.

I also support the Wigan Warriors in the English Super League comp too.

In American rugby league I support the washington D.C. Slayers, It would be good one day to see Pittsburgh get a rugby league team up and running in the American competition.

As for rugby union i support the New South Wales Waratahs in the Super 14 competion. In the Sydney Shute Shield comp i support the Manly Marlins and my money is always on the Australian Wallabies against any other international teams in the game of rugby union.

We have another football code here in Australia too it's called Australian Rules (Aerial ping pong) as it is known here in Sydney, we have our own team in that comp known as the AFL. They are the Sydney Swans a team relocated to Sydney from South Melbourne Victoria, They arrived back in 1982 and most of Sydney including me support them in the AFL comp

YEP I'M A FOOTY NUT
NFL STEELERS NRL DRAGONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:25 PM   #4
steelersfanman92
Starter

I play rugby union we dont really have much league here, but the game is growing in the US. I have been playing for 5 years now and I love it. I try to follow it as much as I can but it is really hard since we get so few games here in the states but I like to watch the Brumbies play and this weekend RBS 6 nations is on tv so im excited to watch that. Rugby is a great sport that needs to become more main stream in the states.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #5
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Off to Twickenham on Saturday for the start of the 6 Nations. , 82,000 expected attendance. Could get a little busy in the local pub!!

And although I'll be wearing the Red and White, rest assured I'll be taking some Black and Gold with me...........including a TT!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts

Last edited by TeeJay; 02-03-2009 at 06:40 PM.
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:44 PM   #6
steelersfanman92
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
Off to Twickenham on Saturday for the start of the 6 Nations. , 82,000 expected attendance. Could get a little busy in the local pub!!

And although I'll be wearing the Red and White, rest assured I'll be taking some Black and Gold with me...........including a TT!
Im so jelous have a great time!
Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #7
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

I always wanted to play rugby but could never find enough interested people to do.it. Rugby and Australian Rules Football are 2 sports I really like.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:45 PM   #8
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfanman92 View Post
Im so jelous have a great time!
Thanks - I'll do my best!

Although Wembley is a lovely stadium, there's just something about Twickenham that makes the world a better place.
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts

Last edited by TeeJay; 02-03-2009 at 10:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
NFL STEELERS NRL DRAGONS
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7987

Check this out

http://forums.steelersfever.com/show...300#post562300
NFL STEELERS NRL DRAGONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

If any of you are tempted by the awesome game that is Rugby (it has to be Union for me, sorry Steelers NRL Dragons), you really need to check out some of the DVDs that are out there. A first point of call has to be the 2003 World Cup – and I’m not just saying that ‘cause England won it, and that was the last time we had a truely great team…..ok I am..(although the 2007 boys nearly emulated them )….., but the 2003 WC was an awesome competition. (England v Australia is always special…it’s just one of those sporting rivalries that unless you come from either Country, it's hard to explain…especially when Rugby or Cricket is involved - sh*t, they could make a tiddleywinks final look engrossing!). I had no nails left after that World Cup, and really needed the ten pints after the game just to calm myself down!

So, TeeJay’s, recommendation of the week (albeit nearly 6 years late!) has to be ‘Inside England Rugby….Sweet Chariot’ DVD. It’s just a great behind the scenes look at a team as they prepare for and play the Autumn Internationals and the Six Nations, prior to the World Cup in Aus. And if you’re not sure, then check out ‘Team Day Off’, when the Team went to Marwell Zoo. Edited snippet goes something along these lines:- …….

Richard Hill “You know what we want. We want things that eat people”.

So, the conversation soon becomes a ‘what animal would you have in your Team’

JW wants to see a Rhino and Polar Bear in the front row, but Martin Johnson isn’t having any of it.

“A Polar Bear’s not bad, but a Silverback beats ‘em everytime. You’ve gotta get your Silverback in there”

Damn freaking right – With a Silverback in your Team, you’ll be World Champions - And I think that's just been proven!

And of course, after that, there’s always Sweet Chariot 2….the build up to the 2007 World Cup. All that needs to be said about that is Kenny Rodgers! F**king Superstar!
– Let’s just say for the final, England unfortunately left the Silverback at home! )

Anyway, thought I'd better post this before tomorrows game at The Millenium Stadium, Cardiff. That's not going to be pretty.

Last edited by TeeJay; 02-13-2009 at 03:01 PM.