Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Interest peaking for Chad Brown and the Steelers

Chad Brown made a stop in Pittsburgh on Wednesday, and the former Steelers linebacker is serious about returning to the team that drafted him out of Colorado in 1993.

"My interest is very high," Brown said from the team offices on the South Side. "It's tough to replicate the Steelers experience anywhere else. This is a very special place to play football, and to come full circle and end my career here would be awesome."

Brown did not disclose the dollar amount he could receive from the Steelers, but he was quick to point out, "I'm here, so I'm assuming the numbers are pretty close on both sides."

here's the rest
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
acrossthepond
Water Boy

Member Number: 368
Default Re: Interest peaking for Chad Brown and the Steelers

I'd love to see Chad back here on a low risk, incentive laden contract. If he stays healthy he could upgrade imo Haggans or Foote or at the very least be a great back-up across the LB spots. I'd say we are more likely to be able to afford him than Ty Law (if it becomes a choice) and also need more depth at LB than at CB. If they can get them both without losing any of our other top players then great, but I don't think we should be throwing top dollar at two 10 yr + vets.
acrossthepond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #3
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Unless he's given a shot at the starting job, I wouldnt think he'd have entertained the though of coming back to the Steelers.
Old 04-29-2005, 12:38 PM   #4
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Do we have an opening at startinf LB? Inside or out? Chemistry, bring in Chad for one year let him start, then gone, I don`t have a problem with it, but its not my position he would take.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:14 PM   #5
acrossthepond
Water Boy

Member Number: 368

Good point Cleve . . . I think there's maybe 2 years (3 at a push tho could be just 1!) left in Chad - so sign him for 2 years (incentive laden low basic and SB), give him a fair chance to compete and may the best man win . . . if someone goes down we have then 2 capable backups from Harrison, Brown, Foote, Haggans (whoever didnt start). THen we've got to hope NE don't offer him more (I still think that's where he'll probably end up - most reckon they are THE team to win the SB much as I'd disagree!)
acrossthepond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2005, 03:06 PM   #6
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

was just reading on FSN that chad is willing to take any role to be w/ the team, ..but you gotta think he's gonna shot at a starting job though. He'd be great for depth, but he hasnt played w/ any of our starting front seven at all, so I agree the chemistry would be an issue, but he does know lebeau and alot of the coaching staff so that would help. I dont have a problem w/ our starting 4 the way they are now, but from a depth standpoint, this would be an awesome pickup.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:11 PM   #7
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

You know Chad is thinking SuperBowl ring Thats a plus. But all this talk about wanting to become a Steeler again is bull, its the ring, thats all the suckin up. I do agree with Blitz and the depth, but I`m not totally sold. Could this money be spent somewhere else , where there is more of a need.
Old 04-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #8
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

yeah, I know its all about the money too.. why else would he be talking to the pats and chiefs.. the bungals are still a couple years away from being really competitive for the postseason, so that one is intruiging alittle bit to me.. but yeah, I can see your point about the money.. although if the price is right bring him in, cuz we have next to nothing behind the starting 4 right now.. Zo never panned out.. harrison is a beast and up and coming.. kriedwalt is a ST demon but not much of a starting LB. But I wouldnt break the bank on Chad either way though.
Old 04-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #9
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Well since we didn't sign an other big free agents, I doubt we will sign anyone to a big money contract, so then I'm all for Brown and Law. As for chase for the ring, I'm ok with it too. I'm tired of NE getting one or two veteran players who make a couple a great plays that help make a season. In Brown's case, I don't think he has forgotten the 3-4 scheme so it could really help to have that depth.