Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #11
Justano
Water Boy

Member Number: 9536
Default Re: No more celebrating as Steelers start preparing for 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
More like a spread offense, but what does that matter?

I know, I know, it's pretty much assumed that the label of "athletic quarterback" means a guy who does nothing but scramble and run out of the option, and the only pass he can throw is the fourth-down moonball fade to the corner against double coverage that always falls incomplete and once again ends the team's national title hopes as the opponent's fans storm the field.

The difference between Dixon and any of those garbage QBs is that he was a passer first and just happened to be an "athletic" QB as well. He can actually throw the ball from what I've seen of him.
Thats what im sayin we've only seen him in college ... weve seen his arm.. and his speed and athleticness.. really havent seen him on the field were goign to have to see him during pre season and see how he plays same as mendenhall but i think mendenhall might be our 3rd down back or shorth yardage 3rd or 4th down... what about nate washington being let go you think that will happen?? hes a restricted free agent ... thats one of Ben's Favorite deep threats 40 catches 630 yards this season... will they let him go?? one more question... what about if the panthers sign Peppers and let Gross go... should the steelers go out of their way and get Gross... and trade or release max starks and marvel smith and draft more linemen in draft?
Justano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #12
Justano
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlacknGold0 View Post
hehe j/k about the quarterback thing but maybe backup QB would be an option in the draft.

Will Batch play next year or will Leftwich stay?
Eeryone says leftwich wants to be a starter i think the steelers should try to trade him for a 4th or 3rd round pick who knows... but charlie batch will likely be coming back as a back up unless steelers will get a QB in free agents for back up...
Old 02-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #13
steelerdave1969
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 12338

Harrison has been one of the NFL's biggest bargains after signing a $5.5 million, four-year deal in 2006 before becoming a starter. He made $1.1 million as a Pro Bowl player in 2007 and $1.2 million this past season, when he set a club record with 16 sacks.

Other key players with one season left on their deals are wide receiver Hines Ward, tight end Heath Miller, defensive end Brett Keisel, safety Ryan Clark, kicker Jeff Reed, nose tackle Casey Hampton, linebacker Larry Foote and cornerback Deshea Townsend.

__________________________________________________ _

This could be very tough to get done with all these players for sure. I really look for the Steelers to give Harrison a 3 or 4 year deal around $13 or $14 Mill. But I dont think they go any further than that. He is a great player and he has meant alot to this team the last 2 seasons, but the guy is not very young and a couple more years is gonna be his best he has left anyway.
Just how many more years do the Steelers keep Hines Ward? Maybe 3 at the most and more likely will be 2 after this current contract is over. TE Heath Miller is still young and just really entering his prime so I could see a 4 year contract for him for sure. DE Brett Keisel means alot to our team across from the aging Aaron Smith, this Line has got to have some youth added very soon.
Deshea Townsend and Larry Foote are 2 players that might even be released soon, or atleast it would not suprise me anyway. I love Ryan Clark and what he brings to our team, so I hope the Steelers keep him around for a while and it really doesnt look like we have a replacement for him anyway.
Old 02-09-2009, 05:12 PM   #14
SteelCityKing
Head Coach

Member Number: 10886

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeldude View Post
dixon played is an option QB. also see kordell stewart, vince young, major harris, michael bishop, pat white and so on.

the steelers have done the kordell experiment. why re-visit it?
because it will probably work this time. haha!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:31 PM   #15
markymarc
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 2292

Depending on how many of our own FA players we lose will determine our fate in the 2009 draft. At this point no question it should be OL and DL. Maybe even a CB or WR if we lose Washington and McFadden. Let the FA begin
markymarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #16
Justano
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerdave1969 View Post
Harrison has been one of the NFL's biggest bargains after signing a $5.5 million, four-year deal in 2006 before becoming a starter. He made $1.1 million as a Pro Bowl player in 2007 and $1.2 million this past season, when he set a club record with 16 sacks.

Other key players with one season left on their deals are wide receiver Hines Ward, tight end Heath Miller, defensive end Brett Keisel, safety Ryan Clark, kicker Jeff Reed, nose tackle Casey Hampton, linebacker Larry Foote and cornerback Deshea Townsend.

__________________________________________________ _

This could be very tough to get done with all these players for sure. I really look for the Steelers to give Harrison a 3 or 4 year deal around $13 or $14 Mill. But I dont think they go any further than that. He is a great player and he has meant alot to this team the last 2 seasons, but the guy is not very young and a couple more years is gonna be his best he has left anyway.
Just how many more years do the Steelers keep Hines Ward? Maybe 3 at the most and more likely will be 2 after this current contract is over. TE Heath Miller is still young and just really entering his prime so I could see a 4 year contract for him for sure. DE Brett Keisel means alot to our team across from the aging Aaron Smith, this Line has got to have some youth added very soon.
Deshea Townsend and Larry Foote are 2 players that might even be released soon, or atleast it would not suprise me anyway. I love Ryan Clark and what he brings to our team, so I hope the Steelers keep him around for a while and it really doesnt look like we have a replacement for him anyway.
Larry foote they are goign to release him and keep timmons and let him start
...keisel maybe gone next season lol cu hes getting old an