Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts
Default Re: Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

Uh-oh - Nancy is on the warpath

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-26.html
Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #12
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Oh goodie... Let make using a gun in a crime "more illegal". Let's punish the gun for a human crime.

I'm sick of this BS!

A great man once said something about... from my cold dead hands. 'nuff said.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:30 PM   #13
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer67 View Post
In that case, I want a Hummer with a 50 cal mounted and a couple of Patriot missles!!!
If you can get your hands on a Ma Duce let me know. I want one too.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #14
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Uh-oh - Nancy is on the warpath

Pelosi tosses cold water on assault-weapon ban

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tossed cold water on the prospect of reinstating the assault weapons ban, highlighting Democrats’ reluctance to take on gun issues.

Attorney General Eric Holder raised the prospect Wednesday that the administration would push to bring back the ban. But Pelosi (D-Calif.) indicated on Thursday that he never talked to her. The Speaker gave a flat “no” when asked if she had talked to administration officials about the ban.

“On that score, I think we need to enforce the laws we have right now,” Pelosi said at her weekly news conference. “I think it's clear the Bush administration didn’t do that.”

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-02-26.html
I'm guessing she sees the political winds shifting with more and more vocal conservatives and republicans attacking the Stimulus plan, the 500 billion spending bill and the very vocal anti fairness doctrine, the last thing the Democratic controlled congress needs is the pro-gun people jumping into the fray.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #15
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,471 Times in 2,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Define "assault weapon".

Democrats rely on the ignorance of the people to not know the difference between a fully automatic assault rifle and an "assault weapon" (a made-up term meaning "the gun looks mean").
They can also take it a step further and any gun that's semi-auto could be classified as an assault type weapon. Doesn't matter if its a .22, shotgun,handgun, rifle or rubber band gun. They tried passing that in the first Brady Bill.

Thats one of the reasons they limited the number of rounds in clips or tubes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
SteelCityMom

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin3000gt View Post
It's a slippery slope. It's not about losing assault weapons, it's about losing our rights, ONE by ONE. First it's assault weapons, then it's semi-automatic hand guns. Then it's all guns. The ban is not in effect now, and I haven't seen a single person walking the streets with an AK47. It seems to me that these are the least of our problems.

Here's a good video that puts things in perspective.

[YOUTUBE]TkS2BRoCd2I[/YOUTUBE]
Thank you for posting this video, I honestly didn't know things had gotten that bad in Australia and England. It's a shame they have little or no way to protect themselves or practice the sport they love.

It's a good lesson to be learned though, and one that every American should hear and know about. Give them an inch and they will take a mile.

Another good point made is that whether there is a ban on any type of gun, here or overseas, the black market will provide criminals with what they need and good people will have no way to protect themselves.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:32 PM   #17
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMom View Post
Another good point made is that whether there is a ban on any type of gun, here or overseas, the black market will provide criminals with what they need and good people will have no way to protect themselves.
Actually, the "Twist" is that those good people, become Criminals when they go get the weapons they need to defend themselves from maniacs with guns. So then, the Good People now are labelled Criminals and can be rounded up.

At least, that's how I see it.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #18
Fire Haley
Banned

Member Number: 763
Thanked 1,098 Times in 768 Posts

I guess I better git me one of these while the going is good.

FN Five-Seven - I bet the 20rd mag would make it illegal by itself.

Fire Haley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #19
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

I live in California.... Do I REALLY want to buy and register a hand gun???
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:57 PM   #20
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACH1 View Post
They can also take it a step further and any gun that's semi-auto could be classified as an assault type weapon. Doesn't matter if its a .22, shotgun,handgun, rifle or rubber band gun. They tried passing that in the first Brady Bill.

Thats one of the reasons they limited the number of rounds in clips or tubes.
Thats exactly right.. This is the point here I think it is symbolic more than practical. I've owned an SKS which I had the fiber stock, 40rnd clips..blha..bla.. also a MAK-91 which is pretty much exactly the same as an AK but it's not fully automatic they are classified as assult rifles but they are all "semi-automatic". I also have .22, 12 gauge, .270 and other assorted guns that would not be covered under the ban, but never the less are all "semi-auto" and could do just as much damage.

Fully automatic weapons are allready illegal. I agree with the poster who said they are trying to ban these guns because they "look" bad