Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Penguins


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
its official, Bill Guerin for a conditional pick

He's not a bad forward, but I was hoping we could do a little better.

Any word on Ruutu?
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
He's not a bad forward, but I was hoping we could do a little better.

Any word on Ruutu?
nothing, Chris Neal was dealt to Florida though he was another gritty guy we might have been after

for what we gave up, ill do this trade everyday

it doesnt mean we are done, some trades may not be released till after the deadline

the conditional pick goes like this

it starts as a 5th

it becomes a 4th if we make the playoffs and becomes a 3rd if we move past the first round
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:49 PM   #13
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

two initial reports in

Nik Antropov to the Rangers

Former Penguins Prospect Daniel Carcillo to the Flyers for Scottie Upshall and a second
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
nothing, Chris Neal was dealt to Florida though he was another gritty guy we might have been after

for what we gave up, ill do this trade everyday

it doesnt mean we are done, some trades may not be released till after the deadline

the conditional pick goes like this

it starts as a 5th

it becomes a 4th if we make the playoffs and becomes a 3rd if we move past the first round
Thanks for the info. I know how the conditional picks go. Do you think the Pens will make any more deals? I'm still hoping we can find a way to get Ruutu back. Word had it that he didn't get along with Therrien and now that we have a new coach, maybe the deal can be done.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:02 PM   #15
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Thanks for the info. I know how the conditional picks go. Do you think the Pens will make any more deals? I'm still hoping we can find a way to get Ruutu back. Word had it that he didn't get along with Therrien and now that we have a new coach, maybe the deal can be done.
i dont know, its a possibility. i havent heard anything today on us getting him but had heard it a week or so back.

Deadline has passed but its still possible for us to hear of a new trade, im watching the NHL network right now, ill pass on any news
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
i dont know, its a possibility. i havent heard anything today on us getting him but had heard it a week or so back.

Deadline has passed but its still possible for us to hear of a new trade, im watching the NHL network right now, ill pass on any news
Thanks!
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #17
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Just got word. Former penguin Erik Christensen to Anaheim for Eric O' Dell.
Pittsburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #18
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
Just got word. Former penguin Erik Christensen to Anaheim for Eric O' Dell.
dam, still havent heard that, hope him the best in Anaheim

NHL.com says Dominic Moore has been traded to Buffalo
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #19
Pittsburghfan
Banned
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,384
Member Number: 5129
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

I wonder if Gaborik is heading anywhere? His value would be low. Or should be.
Pittsburghfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:19 PM   #20
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter
 
pittsburghp8baller's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Posts: 1,874
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5365
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: NHL trade deadline day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittsburghfan View Post
I wonder if Gaborik is heading anywhere? His value would be low. Or should be.
it should be, but i think is why is isnt/wasnt moved. Minnesota wasnt gonna let him go for cheap. if there was a team that had the depth and the need to grab him, it would probably be LA.

i dont see him being moved till the offseason right before july 1to a team trying to avoid fighting for him in FA
pittsburghp8baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts