Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #21
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741
Default Re: Browns want Cutler for Quinn and Rogers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Cutler as starter and DA (who really is just a career back-up) carrying the clipboard is not a bad play for Cleveland. And they add a 3rd while picking up a relatively young starting QB (and bear in mind, even though they added a couple picks for Winslow, they are still WAY behind since they have tradded away so many picks over the last 2 years).

It's not a bad deal if they pull the trigger. Losing Rogers hurts BAD, but if he doesn't want to play do you really want a disgruntled guy poisoning the locker room?
Must be the Steelers fan in you talking. In that case, Big Ben should be traded for Tavaris Jackson.

DA/Cutler are strong armed, but erratic QBs.

The difference between them:
Cutler is semi-mobile
DA has a thicker skin

If I had to choose between the two, I'd take DA over Cutler, because Cutler believes his 17 wins in 37 games is elite and he should be pampered. DA is much quieter about how he handles himself. Sure, he's a statue, but at least he's not a pu$$y.

Tossing in Rogers is beyond stupid. You only trade him when you can actually get an elite player in return...or (at the very least) a true NT who can really clog the middle for the 3-4 defense.

I'm glad it's only a rumor. I'd hate to think that MANKOK would pull the trigger on anything resembling this.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 AM   #22
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Steelers fan? I was being unbiased.

Ok, let's go:

Career stats-
Cutler: 62.5 comp %
243.9 YPG
54 Td's to 37 INT's
QBR 87.1
Rushing 3.7 YPC

DA: 54.6 comp %
199.8 YPG
43 to 35 Td's to INT's
QBR 75.1
Rushing 2.5 YPC

In every way Cutler is a far superior QB. DA's numbers are actually a bit skewed because he had a really good early '07 coming off the bench when nobody knew anything about him. Since December of '07 he's been really horrible, and I mean HORRIBLE.

Cutler is a legit starting NFL QB, not elite, but a quality starter. Da is a career backup who made a little splash one year. Quinn is the great unknown, and Cleveland desperately needs draft picks.

Methinks your homer blinders have done just that to you: Blinded you.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #23
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

A slight improvement on the offensive side of the ball (potentially, because...as you said, BQ in an unkown) vs a huge drop off (potentially the best player on our team) on the defensive side of the ball.

Sorry, that's not homer blinders talking, that's football sense.

You don't bring in a so-called "quality QB" if you're going to blow up the team...and getting rid of Rogers would be the first (huge) step in doing just that.

All those stats...and I still see a 17-20 record as a starting QB. I'm not impressed. He's still a strong armed erratic QB...he just happens to have a WR (Brandon Marshall) who can do this funny things called catch (and get's great YAC).

DA was stuck with Butterfingers Edwards, Soulja Winslow and Donte Hamless Stallworth. His poor decision making didn't help matters.

You mention getting rid of a disgruntled player poisoning the locker room, yet you suggest our field leader be a crying, whining jack @$$ who's skin is thinner and more brittle than rice paper? Right.

No thanks. I'll bide my time and hope that MANKOK is capable of...any kind of long-term improvement...