Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 03-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #91
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

You don't need no stinking 1st Amendment right...

Pelosi Backs Talk Radio Regulations

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is supporting legislation that will force the Federal Communications Commission to “promote diversity” on the airwaves – a move many see as a stealth effort to regulate conservative-dominated talk radio without bringing back the controversial Fairness Doctrine.

Pelosi, D-Calif., has thrown her support to an amendment in a Senate bill that directs the FCC to explicitly “take actions to encourage and promote diversity in communication media ownership and to ensure that broadcast station licenses are used in the public interest,” according to CNS News.

The amendment has become known as the Durbin amendment, after its sponsor, Senate Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

“Certainly, I support Mr. Durbin in most things,” Pelosi told CNS News. “Diversity in media ownership is very, very, important.”

The amendment is clearly an attempt to revive the Fairness Doctrine – an unpopular FCC regulation removed in 1987 that forced broadcasters to grant equal airtime to opposing political viewpoints, Republican Rep. Mike Pence told CNS News.

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/pelo...08/189685.html
Old 03-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #92
ohiosteelerfan20
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 4962
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I've decided to marry my horse.

I voted Democrat because I believe oil companies' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn't.

I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

I voted Democrat because freedom of speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

I voted Democrat because when we pull out of Iraq I trust that the bad guys will stop what they're doing because they now think we're good people.

I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves

I voted Democrat because I believe that people who can't tell us if it will rain on Friday can tell us that the polar ice caps will melt away in ten years if I don't start driving a Prius.

I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about the slaughter of millions of babies so long as we keep all death row inmates alive.

I voted Democrat because I believe that business should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as THEY see fit.

I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

I voted Democrat because my head is so firmly planted up my *## that it is unlikely that I'll ever have another point of view.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."

AMEN.

OK, I didn't vote democrat, but I can see why they did.
Well I voted for the GOP because the economy was fundamentally strong.

Because all you have to do is lower taxes on the rich to turn the economy around. Now I know it did not work when Bush was in there, but if they would just lower them some more, I am sure it would work this time.

Also I need my AK47 for deer and small game. Because what else could I use it for.

Because my god is better than you god. And all I have to do is keep reading the same book over and over to tell me so.

Because the only thing better for the economy than lowering taxes, would be to flood this country with unwanted babies. Nothing helps a family out of hard times like a new born.
ohiosteelerfan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:03 AM   #93
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiosteelerfan20 View Post
Because the only thing better for the economy than lowering taxes, would be to flood this country with unwanted babies. Nothing helps a family out of hard times like a new born.
Because the only responsible thing to do when you want to do the wild thing and don't want an unwanted or unplanned pregnancy is to use the bazillions of birth control products out there available to both men and women.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #94
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Well I voted for the GOP because the economy was fundamentally strong.

Because all you have to do is lower taxes on the rich to turn the economy around. Now I know it did not work when Bush was in there, but if they would just lower them some more, I am sure it would work this time.

Also I need my AK47 for deer and small game. Because what else could I use it for.

Because my god is better than you god. And all I have to do is keep reading the same book over and over to tell me so.

HMMM, what was the approval rating of the democratically controlled Congress? Let's see http://www.gallup.com/poll/102829/Co...proval-32.aspx, but you keep voting for em and then voted in a democratic president from the same democratically controlled congress. Great judgement on your part.

And like HTG said, screw responsibility on your part.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:04 AM   #95
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,008 Times in 1,867 Posts

Quote:
Well

Hope I can get close enough deer and small game with my flint tipped stick. Hope no one robs me with anything bigger than a single shot rubberband gun.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:33 AM   #96
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

I don't think you can actually legally buy an AK47 in this country.

You can buy a gun that Looks Like and AK 47, but not an actual AK 47. Maybe you can, but I don't think so since its Fully Automatic.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:59 AM   #97
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

You people are all silly...

Obama can't be bashed. He is the Chosen One™. He has done no wrong. He can do no wrong. He will do no wrong. He will fix the World and make it Utopia.

We all REALLY know that everything wrong in the World was, is and will always be Bush's fault.

As-Salāmu ‘Alaykum my brothers...praise be unto Obama.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:23 AM   #98
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
You people are all silly...

Obama can't be bashed. He is the Chosen One™. He has done no wrong. He can do no wrong. He will do no wrong. He will fix the World and make it Utopia.

We all REALLY know that everything wrong in the World was, is and will always be Bush's fault.

As-Salāmu ‘Alaykum my brothers...praise be unto Obama.
Rev's, can I get some of that Kool-Aide from ya?
Old 03-10-2009, 11:25 AM   #99
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

I don't drink Kool-Aid, I get my Obama news from unbiased sources like Keith Olberman...plus I hate Rush Limbaugh.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:47 AM   #100
KeiselPower99
Living Legend

Member Number: 8552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
You don't need no stinking 1st Amendment right...

Pelosi Backs Talk Radio Regulations

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi is supporting legislation that will force the Federal Communications Commission to “promote diversity” on the airwaves – a move many see as a stealth effort to regulate conservative-dominated talk radio without bringing back the controversial Fairness Doctrine.

Pelosi, D-Calif., has thrown her support to an amendment in a Senate bill that directs the FCC to explicitly “take actions to encourage and promote diversity in communication media ownership and to ensure that broadcast station licenses are used in the public interest,” according to CNS News.

The amendment has become known as the Durbin amendment, after its sponsor, Senate Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin, D-Ill.

“Certainly, I support Mr. Durbin in most things,” Pelosi told CNS News. “Diversity in media ownership is very, very, important.”

The amendment is clearly an attempt to revive the Fairness Doctrine – an unpopular FCC regulation removed in 1987 that forced broadcasters to grant equal airtime to opposing political viewpoints, Republican Rep. Mike Pence told CNS News.

http://www.newsmax.com/politics/pelo...08/189685.html
Of course its libs tryin to get their voice on the radio. I believe in fairness but they tried this once and it didnt work. Radio America?? I think they are scared that Americans are getting to hear other sides of the story and they might revolt. Michael Savage has been talking about this for years. Turbin Durbin!!!