Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Pittsburgh Sports > Pittsburgh Pirates

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 03-23-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
Dylan
Starter

Member Number: 3276
Default Bullpen

what do you guys think the bullpen will end up being...i believe it will turn out to be this

capps
grabow
hansen
yates
burnett
veal
meek
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:05 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: Bullpen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan View Post
what do you guys think the bullpen will end up being...i believe it will turn out to be this

capps
grabow
hansen
yates
burnett
veal
meek
I think Veal won't be on the opening day roster. Not sure who I'd put in that spot though.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #3
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
I think Veal won't be on the opening day roster. Not sure who I'd put in that spot though.
yea i dont see them having three lefties on the roster. if management is still high on him, they can do what they did with Evan Meek last year- send him back to the Cubs and then trade for him.

For sure the only set three are Capps, Yates, and Grabow. Hansen made strides in his control at the end of the season but looks like he forgot all of it this spring. Burnett hasnt showed he can get righties out enough to stay in the bullpen. and now even in spring he has been having problems getting lefties out. the only problem with them is that they are out of options so they would have to pass through waviers to send them to the minors.

in the end i think,

Matt Capps
John Grabow
Tyler Yates
Evan Meek
Jason Davis
Sean Burnett
Denny Bautista

not 100% sold on Bautista, remember its always possible that we add some1, we didnt get Yates untill the last week of spring training
Old 03-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #4
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsburghp8baller View Post
yea i dont see them having three lefties on the roster. if management is still high on him, they can do what they did with Evan Meek last year- send him back to the Cubs and then trade for him.

For sure the only set three are Capps, Yates, and Grabow. Hansen made strides in his control at the end of the season but looks like he forgot all of it this spring. Burnett hasnt showed he can get righties out enough to stay in the bullpen. and now even in spring he has been having problems getting lefties out. the only problem with them is that they are out of options so they would have to pass through waviers to send them to the minors.

in the end i think,

Matt Capps
John Grabow
Tyler Yates
Evan Meek
Jason Davis
Sean Burnett
Denny Bautista

not 100% sold on Bautista, remember its always possible that we add some1, we didnt get Yates untill the last week of spring training
That's probably what they'll end up going with. Not exactly the greatest bullpen in the world, but it's semi-serviceable. Plus, you may see Craig Hansen thrown into the mix at some point if Meek or Bautista struggle.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
pittsburghp8baller
Head Coach
Supporter

Location: In A Place Where There Is No Other Hockey Fans!!!!!!
Member Number: 5365

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
That's probably what they'll end up going with. Not exactly the greatest bullpen in the world, but it's semi-serviceable. Plus, you may see Craig Hansen thrown into the mix at some point if Meek or Bautista struggle.
scratch that then, i ment to put Hansen in the beginning, i knew i was forgetting someone. Hansen is out of options so he would have to clear waviers to be sent down and im sure there are a few teams who wouldnt mind picking him up.

Sub out Meek and throw in Hansen just because he has higher potential. both struggle from the same problem