Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Fun House

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 03-26-2009, 08:07 AM   #411
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

I don't care about the Special Olympics joke. I thought it was kind of funny and cool to see a non-PC comment from a liberal.

What galls me is the fact that it was kind ran for a day and forgotten.

Now if BUSH would have made that comment? Are you effing kidding me? It wuld have been the headline of every paper for two days. The breaking story on every news channel but Fox and PBS. Olbermann would have ranted on his show, all show, every show, for weeks. Michael Moore would have made another movie about it. The Special Olympics would have held giant protests marching on the White House. Nancy Pelosi would have had GWB burned in effigy in San Francisco. There would have been 17 different threads started about it here.

But it was the Chosen One, so he was allowed to apologize and all is forgiven.

THAT is what bothers me...the gigantic and glaring double standard.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #412
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: The Official Bash/Question/Make fun of Democrats/Government/Obama Thread

And Yet...ANOTHER one bites the Dust...

Obama's pick for EPA deputy administrator withdraws

President Obama's nominee for U.S. EPA's second highest post abruptly pulled out of the Senate confirmation process today because of an investigation into the nonprofit group where he once served on the board of directors.

Jon Cannon, a former top EPA lawyer, withdrew from consideration as deputy administrator after learning America's Clean Water Foundation "has become the subject of scrutiny."

http://www.nytimes.com/gwire/2009/03...aws-10304.html
Old 03-26-2009, 12:17 PM   #413
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Watch those Demos turn on each other like rabid coons and self-destruct!

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...ome;topStories

Democrats Vs. Democrats Over The Budget
Politico: Moderate Democrats Under Attack By Their Own Party

WASHINGTON, March 25, 2009

House Minority Leader John A. Boehner snarled at moderate Democrats Wednesday, but the real bite came from liberal groups frustrated by centrist opposition to Barack Obama’s budget priorities.

As Boehner accused Blue Dog Democrats of being “lap dogs” for Obama, MoveOn.org and Americans United for Change, the labor-backed organization that serves as the White House’s chief third-party operation, began airing ads Wednesday urging moderate Democrats in both the House and the Senate to get on board with the president’s budget.

Among the targets of Americans United for Change is Sen. Mark Pryor (D-Ark.), who declared the ads “not very helpful.”

“The liberal groups need to understand that we are not elected to represent the president,” Pryor said. “We’re elected to represent our states, and we are trying to reflect the attitudes and values of the people who sent us to Washington.”

Sen. Evan Bayh (D-Ind.) is also unhappy with the friendly fire. Bayh announced last week that a group of centrist Democrats had come together to negotiate as a bloc with the White House and party leaders on major legislation. He promptly found himself targeted by an ad accusing him of “standing in the way of President Obama’s reforms.”

"We literally have no agenda,” Bayh shot back. “How can they be threatened by a group that has taken no policy positions?”

But liberal groups that worked hard to elect Obama are unhappy with the prospect of having moderate Democrats like Pryor, Bayh and the Blue Dogs in the House trying to slow down his agenda.

“We are going to need almost every Democratic vote to pass the budget,” said MoveOn Executive Director Justin Ruben. “Our ads ensure the voices of our 5 million members and the millions of other Americans who support this budget can be heard over the army of lobbyists.”

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders, a registered independent who leans far left, complained that “so-called moderates have the threat of voting with the Republicans” while “those of us who believe in protecting the needs of middle-income working families don’t have that luxury.”

But the Democrats under attack in the new ads claim that they, too, are watching out for working-class families. “My concern is that we have this mountain of debt,” said Pennsylvania Rep. Jason Altmire - one of the targets of the MoveOn.org advertising campaign. “We have a short-term fiscal crisis that we need to dig ourselves out from. Is this the right time to put three massive initiatives in the budget?”

Leadership aides were grumbling about the liberal advertising campaigns. Asked if the ads were unfair, Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) said he hadn’t heard them yet and that it would depend on how they were phrased.

And while Pryor and Bayh were put off by the spots, some of the other targets took them in stride.

“I don’t mind hearing from folks on either side of the issue,” said Virginia Sen. Mark Warner. “I’m going to do what I think is right.”

“They’re just expressing their views,” said Louisiana Sen. Mary L. Landrieu, another target. “It’s not views I necessarily agree with, but there is no bad blood here on our end.”

Democratic House and Senate budget writers released their own budget proposals this week, and they punted on some of the toughest choices set forth in Obama’s plan. Neither bill sets aside fast-track consideration for health care reform or a controversial cap-and-trade program. The House bill also included balanced budget protections long sought by the Blue Dogs.

Republicans are expected to oppose the final budget bills en masse whenever they come to the floor.

On Tuesday, Boehner told his rank and file that their goal should be to delay consideraton of the budget because the longer it sits around, “the worse it smells,” according to people who attended the closed-door caucus meeting.

On Wednesday, he unloaded on the Blue Dogs, saying they’d done nothing to work with House Republicans and ought to “get off people’s laps and actually do something.”

Boehner’s remarks - made at a Yale Club event - sparked a sharp response from Blue Dog co-chairman Charlie Melancon, who said that Boehner and the Republicans had done nothing to restrain eight years of big government spending under George W. Bush. He said the Blue Dogs would “continue working in a productive manner to moderate legislation and offer common-sense policy alternatives.”

By Patrick O'Connor and Manu Raju

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #414
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Because you've never made a Special Olympics joke. Even though Obama apologized and recanted his statement.
We also don't hold the highest office in the land. I have made just about every offensive joke imaginable. I am of the mindset that it isn't funny unless someone gets offended. That said, as President of the United States you are expected to show some dignity and class in respect to the office and to the American people. Me making an off-color joke while sharing a beer with my drinkin' buddies is a lot different then Obama making an offensive joke on national T.V.

Can you imagine of Bush had said such a thing? He would be crucified in an instant! What about if he made a racial joke, after all...who hasn't cracked a racial joke right?

Great logic.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #415
SCSTILLER
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 4202

Forwarded Joke:

Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.

Depression is when you lose yours.

And recovery is when Obama loses his.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:56 PM   #416
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
Can you imagine of Bush had said such a thing? He would be crucified in an instant! What about if he made a racial joke, after all...who hasn't cracked a racial joke right?
But, but, but, but, but, but Bush!!!

The liberal media would have CRUCIFIED Bush had he said something like that - take it to the bank.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 05:40 PM   #417
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I'm beginning to wonder is there anything in the constituion for us to UNVOTE?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:34 PM   #418
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSTILLER View Post
Forwarded Joke:

Recession is when your neighbor loses his job.

Depression is when you lose yours.

And recovery is when Obama loses his.

This is actually really funny.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:17 PM   #419
The Patriot
Head Coach

Member Number: 7750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Recanted his statement AFTER he realized he was off script and said something that was Highly Offensive, especially when he was supposed to be bringing about Hope and Change. I mean, really, what's in this man's heart that he thinkis its Funny to pick on the Special Olympics?

I would take more offense at McCain calling Obama a "decent human being" as opposed to calling him an Arab. Decent Human Beings don't think its ok to let babies that survive abortions to be put in broom closets to die a slow agonizing death. Obama thinks that's an ok thing to allow. Check his record. Its undeniable.

Michelle Obama also thinks its ok to send Poor people away from her hospital to clinics and refuse them treatment at the door because they don't have insurance and her hospital couldn't make a profit treating them. Also, Well Documented.

So don't try to sell me on the Slip of the Tongue crap or that he "didn't mean it" Yes, he did mean it. He is hateful and not really a good character person at all. It comes out every single time he opens his big fat mouth without reading from a Teleprompter. Its becoming more and more obvious that the shine is coming off this fool and what is underneath is a rusty pile of carefully hidden character flaws.

But go ahead and keep defending him. Just don't look at your 401 K too often, and start investing into that new global currency him and his folks are thinking about getting behind.
Wow, I argue that everyone is prone to making mistakes and suddenly it sounds like I'm advocating partial birth and hospital insensitivity. I don't want to get into nasty arguments with people I like. I'm getting off here.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #420
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
Wow, I argue that everyone is prone to making mistakes and suddenly it sounds like I'm advocating partial birth and hospital insensitivity. I don't want to get into nasty arguments with people I like. I'm getting off here.
Oh don't run off, I was just being biting...i'm much happier now.