Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 03-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #21
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891
Default Re: Congrats to grandma Sarah Palin!

Actualy personal attacks don't really bother me, not since I was a kid. I used to get offended at mother jokes, til I told worse ones about my own mother. Took the personal attack away from the person and used their own poison on myself to make me immune.

I shouldn't have said "you fear a strong woman" should have said something along the lines of "Liberals fear a strong Conservative Woman" or something.

We can be buds. Heck I've agreed with you like twice this month and that's got me slightly worried.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:55 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,832 Times in 3,706 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Actualy personal attacks don't really bother me, not since I was a kid. I used to get offended at mother jokes, til I told worse ones about my own mother. Took the personal attack away from the person and used their own poison on myself to make me immune.

I shouldn't have said "you fear a strong woman" should have said something along the lines of "Liberals fear a strong Conservative Woman" or something.

We can be buds. Heck I've agreed with you like twice this month and that's got me slightly worried.

and of course i really dont think you are a racist. i think it was pretty much clear that i said that tongue in cheek to illustrate a point about blanket statements, generalizations, and being painted with a broad brush.

i find it funny how everyone is allowed to "disagree" with hillarys or baracks political stance. yet if anyone around here vehemently disagrees with palin (and those she represents), they are painted as some sort of monster.

i am free to dislike her w/o any preconcieved notions just like anyone is allowed to dislike clinton/obama. i am free to base my vote on that dislike....

or not. i simply dont view her as a strong, smart woman. i view her as an opportunist who wrecked a decent candidates chance at the presidency.

and contrary to what revs believes, i am free to talk about/ question/ make fun of the republicans who LOST the white house REGARDLESS his obama dissent.

i love it how political armchair qb's (who think they more qualified to run this nation) constantly and hypocritically chastize the armchair, monday morning qb, fans who think they are qualified to tell the steelers how to run the team.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 PM   #23
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

This is hilarious...

I LOVE watching TH playing the victim card!!!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
tony hipchest

cool! i never realized it showed infractions in ones stats below their avitar.

the real victims here are levi's family who are not allowed to see their relative because they are "white trash" (and of course the taxpayers of alaska who will be footing the bill to raise young tripp).

oh thats right, they dont pay state taxes up in alaska thanks to big oil.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:48 PM   #25
I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 10606

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

youre racist too, then (and sexist). a child getting in trouble in school is a far cry from a teenage pregnancy when the mother preaches the strenghts of parents teaching abstinence and doesnt believe in planned parent hood..
I'm a racist because I don't jizz my pants because Sarah Palin's kid is unwed and pregnant? Great logic. I didn't personally attack you, so why the name calling?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:01 AM   #26
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
I'm a racist because I don't jizz my pants because Sarah Palin's kid is unwed and pregnant? Great logic. I didn't personally attack you, so why the name calling?
great logic!

no youre not racist either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Bleed_Black_And_Gold View Post
...who hasn't cracked a racial joke right?

i was just making a simple point about how people can be such hypocrites. if you internalized any of that it may just be a guilty conscience.

Old 03-27-2009, 07:18 AM   #27
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:

and of course i really dont think you are a racist. i think it was pretty much clear that i said that tongue in cheek to illustrate a point about blanket statements, generalizations, and being painted with a broad brush.

i find it funny how everyone is allowed to "disagree" with hillarys or baracks political stance. yet if anyone around here vehemently disagrees with palin (and those she represents), they are painted as some sort of monster.

i am free to dislike her w/o any preconcieved notions just like anyone is allowed to dislike clinton/obama. i am free to base my vote on that dislike....

or not. i simply dont view her as a strong, smart woman. i view her as an opportunist who wrecked a decent candidates chance at the presidency.

and contrary to what revs believes, i am free to talk about/ question/ make fun of the republicans who LOST the white house REGARDLESS his obama dissent.

i love it how political armchair qb's (who think they more qualified to run this nation) constantly and hypocritically chastize the armchair, monday morning qb, fans who think they are qualified to tell the steelers how to run the team.
I don't like Sarah Palin either, for a whole host of reasons, and I've made that known. I think it would be a HUGE mistake if the Republicans trumpet her as their next Presidential candidate. But I'm not going to bash her and certainly not her kid just to make a point.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:42 AM   #28
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:

Actually, I do think I could run this country better. Only, I'd be a Dictator and funnel all the money I could into building a Super Star Destroyer and creating a Clone Army.

I'd be ruthless and mean and cruel to all who stood in my way and I'd wear black.

But that's probably why I can't get my name on the city council ballot every year.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:51 AM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:

whats a matter revs? i thought you loved talking about hypocrites. i guess only when its not the ones you support.
I didn't care for Palin much, but that is completely irrelevent to my position,and, more importantly, just completely irrelevent. SHE is completely irrelevent. What I'm CLEARLY stating here is that (and it's not just you) the supporters of Obama really have little to no defense for his bungling of things so far, so they rely far too heavily on what "worked" from 2000-2008, which is just attack the right.

That doesn't wash.

Just as the right was forced to find ways to defend their positions/president etc, the left must now find a way to defend their own now that they have complete control of Washington. There are no excuses. There's nowhere to hide, no diversions to create, no one else to blame, no victim card to be played, there is only one avenue that's acceptable, and that's to find a position of defense for your party and make a stand.

There has been almost nothing like that form anyone I know who is a liberal Democrat.

Blaming Bush, bashing Palin/McCain, talking about what the GOP did 20 years ago...none of it matters now. I want to hear viable defense for the actions of this President as his decisions continually become more and more questionable.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:18 PM   #30
TeeJay
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 7083

Wow...now I know I'm getting old - I fancy a Grand Mother!!
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert. Feb '09 - Hell Yeah, they made the Doughnuts
TeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote