Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 03-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,306 Posts
Default Obama turning the U.S. into a banana republic?

People need to wake up and take off the blinders and see whats happening, put down the koolaid steins or kiss your freedoms goodbye.

Quote:
As the Obama administration continues to pile debt upon debt, it is now being compared to a "Banana Republic", a derogatory term that describes a country that implies gross inefficiency and corruption, and led by a dictator. It is being identified by two senators with that description because of what is happening in the United States today.

Of special notice is Obama's use of "signing statements" and "state secrets", following exactly what George W. Bush did, to say nothing of the trillions dollars of debt that have been incurred during the first two months of his presidency.

If anyone needed further proof of hints of a "banana republic", the recent Obama plan to seize non-bank financial companies in another power grab should be sufficient. This is usually seen in dictator-led Latin American countries not in democracies.

It should have surprised no one when Sen. Judd Gregg (R-NH) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky) called attention to the Congressional Budget Office announcement that Obama's program will put the U.S. in debt for $9.3 trillion over the next decade.

The senators warned that:

President Obama's budget will lead to unsustainable debt levels and send the country on a fiscal path resembling of that of a "banana republic."

The president's budget spends too much, taxes too much, and borrows too much.

I don't think I've witnessed this level of unease about a budget certainly in the time I have been here. We can't afford this.

Such deficits would trigger a national debt that amounts to running your country into the ground.

What's being proposed here is a massive increase in taxes in order to massively increase the size of government and have virtually no fiscal discipline on the side of borrowing.

The two senators message should have been a wakeup call to Americans. In their words, America now has a debt that is not sustainable and which comprises 80 percent of the Gross National Product (GNP), a ratio that is seen in banana republics.

Meanwhile, the Obama adminstration said the new projection of debts running into trillions of dollars won't stop him from achieving his goals. When he says that he will cut the country's red ink in half within four years, is there anyone left who belives him?
http://www.examiner.com/x-2547-Watch...anana-republic

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 PM   #2
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Re: Obama turning the U.S. into a banana republic?

Your being taken and your country in the

Man I hope we can have some real change, the outlook is freaking horrible.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:01 PM   #3
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

Please people.... Watch this video and then get freaking mad....

Old 03-29-2009, 01:16 AM   #4
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225

Quote:
Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
Please people.... Watch this video and then get freaking mad....

Tried 3 times but I'm getting an error saying the link is broken.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:25 AM   #5
Muppet13
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9529

Old 03-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #6
Texasteel
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 8323

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelwall View Post
Your being taken and your country in the

Man I hope we can have some real change, the outlook is freaking horrible.

This is real change, it's the change he had in mind from the start. Thats why he wouldn't describe the changes he wanted, but just kept screaming the word. Hopefully the congress can block all of this, but we have to get congress back into the hand of men and women that will appose this guy.

Simply, The Chief.
Texasteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #7
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I try to stay out of the politics in this board. But I can help but say something on this. You guys are doing non stop bitching about Obama when the guy hasn't even been in office four months. All he's trying to do is clean up the shit storm your partys George W Bush left behind. Give the guy some freaking time, Good grief....
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:30 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
All he's trying to do is clean up the shit storm your partys George W Bush left behind. Give the guy some freaking time, Good grief....
Yeppers - he's trying to clean up the "shit" from the prioir administration by quadrupling the national debt. Mmmmm Hmmmm - that'll work.

D - I wuv ya, but face it. You Demos elected a blithering idiot who has absolutely no clue about what it takes to lead a country, jumpstart the economy, or anything else that is ailing this country. He's a paper President. Sad part is - your vote and the votes of everyone else who put Obama into office will adversely affect those of us who clearly saw through his pie in the sky schtick.

BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT Bush!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Yeppers - he's trying to clean up the "shit" from the prioir administration by quadrupling the national debt. Mmmmm Hmmmm - that'll work.

D - I wuv ya, but face it. You Demos elected a blithering idiot who has absolutely no clue about what it takes to lead a country, jumpstart the economy, or anything else that is ailing this country. He's a paper President. Sad part is - your vote and the votes of everyone else who put Obama into office will adversely affect those of us who clearly saw through his pie in the sky schtick.

BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT, BUT Bush!
DITTO

I have nothing more to say.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #10
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I try to stay out of the politics in this board. But I can help but say something on this. You guys are doing non stop bitching about Obama when the guy hasn't even been in office four months. All he's trying to do is clean up the shit storm your partys George W Bush left behind. Give the guy some freaking time, Good grief....
So basically, according to you he should be exempt from any criticism just because he hasn't been in office for 4 months yet. Am I right?

Look dude, his proposals, if enacted, have the potential of damn near bankrupting this country in less than 10 years. And you're saying that nobody should complain AT ALL about that, and instead sit idly by and "give the guy some freaking time?" Really?