Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 03-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Obama turning the U.S. into a banana republic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
pointing out the absurdity of such claims isnt "smack".
You're right. It's

P.S. I wouldn't say Obama is the devil. He's just a no-class blithering idiot who bamboozled you and everyone else who put him into an office he obviously isn't qualified for.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #22
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
P.S. I wouldn't say Obama is the devil. He's just a no-class blithering idiot who bamboozled you and everyone else who put him into an office he obviously isn't qualified for.
Please. I'd not credit bho with being the devil, the spawn, or even being related. He's a worshiper, and as such an influencer of what the devil would have for us, God's creation. And while I'm inclined (my flaw) to call him a no-class blithering idiot, he's anything but that.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:10 PM   #23
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
And while I'm inclined (my flaw) to call him a no-class blithering idiot, he's anything but that.
I'll have to disagree here. He has fooled a lot of people into believing he is the god of intellectual prowess with his smooth talk, but being a half-decent orator doesn't necessarily make a candidate/President-elect a good President as we are all sadly discovering. The cat is out of the bag and Obama is showing himself not to be the MENSA scholar and the male clone of Marilyn vos Savant that he conned the voters and his sheeple into believing he was. Look no farther than his bailout, stimulus and budget proposals. He obviously didn't put a whole lot of brain power into any of those proposals.

Though I didn't even consider voting for him because his platform was almost totally opposite of my core beliefs and moral standards, I once felt he was a very classy guy, but some of his recent insensitive and disparaging comments have caused me to lose a ton of respect for him.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:20 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,947 Times in 3,404 Posts

Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #25
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Real cute.

Being the smartest person in the world doesn't make you an expert on everything, nor does it mean that every decision you make is the correct one. Look at the heads of some of these financial institutions that are being bailed out because of decisions they made - you think all those guys are stupid? Bill Clinton was a Rhodes Scholar. Do you think he always made the right decisions as Governor of Arkansas and POTUS? No way. I work for a major university where some of the brightest minds I've ever seen attend and work, and yet a lot of them have the common sense of dried catfish. It's obvious that some of the brightest people have made some of the biggest bonehead decisions. Come on man - you know this!

Last edited by X-Terminator; 03-30-2009 at 08:05 AM.
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:14 AM   #26
Vincent
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 10927

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I'll have to disagree here. He has fooled a lot of people into believing he is the god of intellectual prowess with his smooth talk, but being a half-decent orator doesn't necessarily make a candidate/President-elect a good President as we are all sadly discovering. The cat is out of the bag and Obama is showing himself not to be the MENSA scholar and the male clone of Marilyn vos Savant that he conned the voters and his sheeple into believing he was. Look no farther than his bailout, stimulus and budget proposals. He obviously didn't put a whole lot of brain power into any of those proposals.

Though I didn't even consider voting for him because his platform was almost totally opposite of my core beliefs and moral standards, I once felt he was a very classy guy, but some of his recent insensitive and disparaging comments have caused me to lose a ton of respect for him.
I think we agree across the board. I don't think he's particularly bright, nor have I been impressed with his speaking. I'm at a loss to explain the worship other than to say there are a lot of severely ignorant people out there. But having said that, and noting that I have ZERO regard for the commie rat bastard, I don't think he's an idiot. His politics and policies are dead wrong.

bho was packaged by the Chicago mob for the Illinois Senate where he did nothing for his constituents. Then the US Senate where he did absolutely nothing he was elected to do. Then the Presidency where he will do nothing that the majority of constituency sent him to do.

None of this is about better anything policy, or making anybody's lot better, or resolving any "crisis". No communist regime has ever been so. This is about grabbing power, consolidating that position, and then crushing all opposition in order to remain in power forever more.

Violent revolution would never work in the US we live in. As long as you have a society that are slaves to their debt (houses, cars, whatever) you'll find few that will step out of their comfort to support a cause. But violent revolution isn't necessary in a nation of debt slaves. Observe the events of the last 6 months.

We are in the midst of a revolution in terms of results of some very cleverly manipulated events. The "housing crisis" set a chain of events in motion that have us at the point of surrendering much of our freedom under the aegis of various "stimuli'" "designed to" avert the crises engineered by the same people that concocted the "solutions".

Did bho engineer all this? Hardly. He's the figurehead.

Its the mob. The Chicago mob? Hardly. Why would a bunch of mafiosos want to take down the country that facilitates their crime? Who then? Who controls the Chicago mob? Who controls crime globally?

Nikita told us in 1956 that they would bury us from within without firing a shot. http://thecommonconservative.com/?p=176 http://grizzlygroundswell.theodoreme.../archives/5026 I grew up under that threat. I have watched the events unfold with that in the back of my mind.

"But the soviet union collapsed". No, thats the centerpiece of their ruse. The same mafia packaged as bolsheviks to take down the Tsar, and morphed itself through the rest of the 20th century is the mafia that runs "Russia" today. And it is the same mafia that controls any crime that matters throughout the planet.

We have a chance to save ourselves in the midterm election. If we leave the congress to the dems for another term their power will consolidate to the point of no return and it will be over.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln
Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:27 AM   #27
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Here's what REALLY worries me.

If you look at the Bush years, his deficit is probably going to be tied 100% to the Wars. Agree with them or not, they were unexpected (and something had to be done after 9/11) expenses. Otherwise, we could very well have a significant surplus, given the fact that the economy was pounded pretty hard post 9/11 as well.

Anyway, so what we have is a President elected on a platform of calling the previous administration fiscally irresponsible, then, after election, he creates an agenda that is 10X MORE irresponsible, AND has no provision for any other emergency. What happens if we get into it with N Korea or Iran? There is no "wiggle room".

9.3 trillion will probably sink our ship, but if something else goes wrong, and it most certainly could, that could end up being 11 trillion, or 12 trillion.

The true bottom line here is that we're being admonsihed because he's only 4 months into office and he "hasn't hada chance" but for those of us who disagree with the direcetion we are heading, we can conversely say "Look, it's only 4 months in...there is still time to turn this around and point ourselves in the right direction before things become exponentially worse".

4 months isn't very long, but it could also be an eternity of those 4 months are spent doing all the wrong things, and making decsions that will negatively impact this country for decades.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 AM   #28
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
Anyway, so what we have is a President elected on a platform of calling the previous administration fiscally irresponsible, then, after election, he creates an agenda that is 10X MORE irresponsible, AND has no provision for any other emergency. What happens if we get into it with N Korea or Iran?
That's just it - we WON'T get into it with NK or Iran, regardless of what they do short of a direct attack on the U.S., and even then I have my doubts.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 08:58 AM   #29
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
That's just it - we WON'T get into it with NK or Iran, regardless of what they do short of a direct attack on the U.S., and even then I have my doubts.
N. Korea is firing off a rocket soon that is 100% intended for ICBM purposes. Even though Obama is "yeller", the US can still be provoked.

And the additional emergency need not necessarily be military in origin. What if we need to dump another trillion or two into the economy?

Regardless, all these domestic spending increases need scrapped, and we should have a complete spending freeze on anything not DIRECTLY related to Iraq, Afghanistan, or economic recovery (and I mean direct stimulus, not bullshit spending and pork bills). Fix the economy, get it turned around, and try to get all this other crap passed in a second term. Now is not the time to tie up a crippled economy with a trillion dollars worth of spending programs.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:05 AM   #30
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
N. Korea is firing off a rocket soon that is 100% intended for ICBM purposes. Even though Obama is "yeller", the US can still be provoked.
Doubtful - I see more and more of the "Jimmy Carter approach" in this guy every day - namely, speak softly and carry NO stick. Hope he proves me wrong if the proverbial shit hits the fan, which I pray it doesn't. Of course if all else fails, we can always send the very strong and decisive message of our displeasure by boycotting the Olympics or something. That'll show 'em.

Last edited by fansince'76; 03-30-2009 at 09:22 AM.
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote