Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 AM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,469 Times in 3,939 Posts
Default Re: Obama: What did he do THIS time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post

These aren't if's and maybe's. This is a proposal to destroy the brass currently being used to make ammo.
yes they are cause it wont come to pass.

i bet obama has never even held a gun, let alone owned one.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #12
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 5,708 Times in 2,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no. i heard hes gonna erect a giant statue of his brass balls right next to the reflecting pool in washington. americans will then be directed to bow down to it 5 times a day and pray.

its true. he has already proposed it.
Wouldn't he have to find them first?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:03 AM   #13
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

So it's okay for him to propose insane things as long as saner people previal and prevent these idiotic initiatives from passing?

Really?

By the way, Harry Reid was overjoyed that we aren't going to use Yucca Mountain. I wonder what his super great idea for all the nuke waste is...dump it in Rush Limbaugh's front yard?
Old 04-01-2009, 11:52 AM   #14
tony hipchest

Quote:

By the way, Harry Reid was overjoyed that we aren't going to use Yucca Mountain. I wonder what his super great idea for all the nuke waste is...dump it in Rush Limbaugh's front yard?
what do they say about a million lawyers at the bottom of the sea?

WIPP site in carlsbad new mexico-

Quote:
The nation’s first and only deep geologic repository for the disposal of defense-related transuranic (TRU) radioactive waste has safely operated for more than 10 years. The U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) began disposal operations March 26, 1999 and today serves as an international model for radioactive waste management.
yucca mountain is old hat. nuclear waste buried half a mile deep in 250 million year old salt beds is much safer.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #15
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
what do they say about a million lawyers at the bottom of the sea?

WIPP site in carlsbad new mexico-

yucca mountain is old hat. nuclear waste buried half a mile deep in 250 million year old salt beds is much safer.
Nope. Many problems with WIPP. This article points out that Yucca lies on a fault, but didn't they know that 25 years ago? And why did Obama vote to fund it twice? What about the 9 billion we already spent?

http://newmexicoindependent.com/2372...ear-waste-dump
Old 04-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #16
tony hipchest

Quote:
Nope. Many problems with WIPP. This article points out that Yucca lies on a fault, but didn't they know that 25 years ago? And why did Obama vote to fund it twice? What about the 9 billion we already spent?

http://newmexicoindependent.com/2372...ear-waste-dump
nope. try again. those "many" problems is really one big problem. the wipp site is surrounded by black gold, and the greed for oil is the real story here.

now c'mon, were talking about thousands of tons of deadly material that could wipe out the planet. there is gonna be "many problems" no matter WHERE we decide to ship it. and here people are nitpicking about aquafers?

instead lets just keep spent fuel rods in between grinding tectonic plates?

are you serious?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:22 PM   #17
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Hello! Oil or no oil, this is dangerously close to an aquafier, water that people drink.

Regardless, if there is oil nearby, um, you know, oil that we NEED, find someplace else to bury the toxic waste...like the perfectly suitable place that has been 25 years in the making, and already sucked up 9 bil worth of resources, and has already been funded twice by the Chosen One.

I guarantee that wherever we go wth it, the tree huggers will find some excuse, so let's just go with Yucca.

Try harder.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #18
tony hipchest

actually you may wanna try harder (like maybe not gathering your info from the same tree huggers you scoff at).

what do you know about the aquafiers in my back yard?

heres a response to the bogus article you linked-

Quote:
I love it. A poet and author is now an expert on Geology, Hydrology, and thermal effects on salt. Listen genius, where did you get your information? That idiot Don Hanprofanityfilterprofanityfilterprofanityfilterpr ofanityfilter in Albuquerque? Come on. Please label your article "science fiction" rather than "factual commentary." I place your article in the proper place, alongside the idiots against stem cell research, evolutionary science or any other science-based endeavor of humanity.

Perhaps you would be interested to know that the thermal effects on salt were already studied decades ago when the first EIS of the WIPP site was completed (I have read the report). The findings were very supportive of a high-heat laden radioactive waste repository at WIPP. More studies must be done with current technology, but you probably want to shut that down, because the science-based results might conflict with the nice fear-based world you live in.

Your descriptions of aquifers in the area is quite amusing and totally misleading. One of the reasons WIPP was chosen because of the inability of water to migrate through the salt over long periods (as in epochal) of time. At the UNC, biologists isolated 250 million year old DNA fragments and cellulose from tiny pockets of trapped water from the late-Permian Period! This water, left over from the ancient sea that covered much of what was the continent at the time.

Thanks to misinformed journalists and writers like you, we are still using coal. Hey buddy, want to pick a fuel source that is truely screwing up the environment? You don't really care, however. From your picture, you'll be dead soon and my generation will have to work even harder to clean up the atmosphere and water. Jane Fonda and her anti-nuke movie were good entertainment and demonstrated the obvious need for safety in the nuclear industry (kind of like "Jaws" warned people not to go swimming with great white sharks). Like "Jaws," however, her movie and those that idolize her anti-nuke cause have done untold and unintentional damage to components of our environment.

By the way, speaking of the anti-nuclear industry's favorite Jane Fonda flick, you should take a drive over to the San Onofree plant that was pictured in the movie. It sits on (absolutely on the edge) the Pacific Coast with millions living in close proximity. Do you know where the interim storage site for the used power rods are? They sit in a concrete building parallel to the shoreline and within litterally stone's throw of the water. My movie, a combination of "Deep Impact" and the "China Syndrome," would involve a rock hitting the largest body of water on the planet and the resulting tsunami scraping 100 or so high-rad, one-time used rods onto to the western continental shelf of North America. After the initial extinction events, the level of mutagenic activity in the Pacific ocean increases by a factor of 1000. The United States, reeling from the cost of the recovery effort and international lawsuits, becomes the next poster child for nuclear irresponsibility (as opposed to the nations like France and England).
Old 04-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #19
revefsreleets
Living Legend

That was a bloggers response posted underneath! THAT is your defense? Why not post something from Tim Lumber on the subject while you're at it.

You're falling apart before our eyes here...the ultimate Obama apologist.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:45 PM   #20
revefsreleets
Living Legend

http://www.nuclearactive.org/wipp/index.html

http://www.epa.gov/rpdweb00/wipp/