Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 04-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
steelwall
Head Coach

Member Number: 8225
Default Mike Vick, doing your drywall work.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl,152547

Now my gripe is not so much with Vick here, cause I really don't care about him or what he does when he gets outta the slammer. But this article just stinks.....

Michael Vick would like to give you an estimate on that drywall
By MJD
From now on, when I think construction, Handy Manny won't be the first name that comes to mind (I know a lot of three-year-olds). I bet you do It'll be Handy Ron Mexico.

Vick's lawyer told a bankruptcy court today that Vick plans on working 40 hours a week in construction when he gets out of the pokey. pokey??? is it me or has anyone ever heard of prison expressed this way? From the AP:

“You will hear from Mr. Vick his future intentions, how he’s going to change the way he lives his life,” his lawyer, Michael Blumenthal, told U.S. Bankrputcy Judge Frank J. Santoro.

Vick is serving a 23-month sentence for bankrolling a dogfighting ring, and his bankruptcy plan is based on the goal of returning to a professional football career. He briefly left a federal prison in Kansas to attend the hearing. He’s scheduled to be released from custody in July, but could be sent to home confinement in late May.

Blumenthal said when Vick is released, he plans to work 40 hours a week for a construction company. He did not disclose the wage or give any other details about the type of work that Vick will be performing. ahemmmm I guess it would be drywall work

I'm not sure I get it. Financially, I'd think the better option would be to spend as much time as possible training and getting back in NFL game shape. Granted, I don't know much about the construction industry, but I'm pretty sure NFL players still make much more money. ya think?? Planning and preparing to resume the ol' NFL career seems to me to be a better long-term financial strategy. duh? I guess would be apropriate

Maybe the construction gig is about public relations, though. Maybe this is something Vick has to do, or something his people who are "his" people? want him to do, to give the impression that he can be a normal guy and is willing to work a nine-to-five just like anyone else.

Whatever the case, I hope it all works out for him. And I'll give him a call if I need someone to build a deck for me. He says he'd be doing drywall work idiot, totally different from building decks

I think MDJ has been reading some of Tim's work lately, or is this an April fools joke?

Last edited by steelwall; 04-03-2009 at 01:12 AM.
steelwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #2
Steelman16
Team President

Member Number: 6517
Default Re: Mike Vick, doing your drywall work.

Three words...

MJD

Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1984

Quote:
Blumenthal said when Vick is released, he plans to work 40 hours a week for a construction company. He did not disclose the wage or give any other details about the type of work that Vick will be performing.

I'm not sure I get it. Financially, I'd think the better option would be to spend as much time as possible training and getting back in NFL game shape. Granted, I don't know much about the construction industry, but I'm pretty sure NFL players still make much more money.
And what, exactly, is Vick supposed to live on while he's "training to get back into NFL game shape," assuming any team in its right mind is going to take a chance on him to begin with? From what I understand, he's pretty much wiped out financially. After all, isn't that the reason one usually attends a BANKRUPTCY HEARING?
fansince'76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #4
lilyoder6
locked behind Xanax bars

Member Number: 2568

Quote:
Originally Posted by fansince'76 View Post
And what, exactly, is Vick supposed to live on while he's "training to get back into NFL game shape," assuming any team in its right mind is going to take a chance on him to begin with? From what I understand, he's pretty much wiped out financially. After all, isn't that the reason one usually attends a BANKRUPTCY HEARING?
well the articles i read, is that vick had a 12-cent a day job in prison as a janitor

then this construction job is going to be $10 an hr... which seems very very cheap

and that they are going to do a show on him and what happen and he will be paid $600,000 for that

Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy ~ Ben Franklin
Freedom: some use it, Everyone enjoys it, A few defend it.
lilyoder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #5
rbryan
Team President

Member Number: 5196

How could he spend all that money??

I'm guessing he has it buried all over the place.
rbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #6
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,656 Times in 1,752 Posts

He's right, he is famous.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyoder6 View Post
and that they are going to do a show on him and what happen and he will be paid $600,000 for that
Well, if that's the case, I could make 600 Gs last for quite a while, personally. Several years, at least.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:09 AM   #8
revefsreleets
Living Legend

Member Number: 5353

That's not much of a testimonial to that Virginia Tech Education...
Old 04-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
fansince'76
Living Legend
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbryan View Post
How could he spend all that money??

I'm guessing he has it buried all over the place.
A number of things, I think. As far as I know, the Falcons recouped $6.5-$7.5 million of the bonus money they paid him, and he's lost a number of civil judgments since he's been in prison - over a million for defaulting on a real estate loan for a wine shop, over 4 million to a former agent, among others. To top it off, he had a ton of relatives and hangers-on leeching off him the entire time. It adds up.