Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 04-04-2009, 09:39 PM   #21
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: 3 police officers shot and killed in Pittsburgh

It's these type of tragedies that make me have that much more respect for police officers. Particularly those in big cities such as Pittsburgh. Police Officers are pretty much treated like an offensive linemen in Football. Whenever they do their jobs right, it usually goes unrecognized. These three officers who died should be commended for the countless hours they put in to making the city safe. Same to their fellow officers and hopefully they will be able to recover and be able to do the job they love.

There is a place in heaven for the 3 officers who died today. God will welcome them home because they laid down their own life, to protect the lives of others.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:19 AM   #22
Steel_12
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 8295

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSDMedic View Post
That reminds me.....they should so bring back public hangings!!!!!!! Or let the families of these fallen officers poke this dirt bag in the eyes with blunt spoons until he cries like the coward that he is!
Public hangings? Serious?
Steel_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:20 AM   #23
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

R.I.P.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:57 AM   #24
Galax Steeler
The Virginia Hillbilly
Supporter

Member Number: 3287
Thanked 3,308 Times in 1,407 Posts
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_12 View Post
Public hangings? Serious?
I agree that would stop alot of this stuff.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galax Steeler View Post
I agree that would stop alot of this stuff.
We should adopt what other countries do to punish their criminals and I guarantee you the crime rate would drop significantly. Rape a woman, Mr. Happy goes ; rob a store - off with the mitts; assault another person - get your ass beaten to a pulp; intentionally murder another human being and you take an eternal dirt nap. BUT - it will never happen here in America, unfortunately.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:57 AM   #26
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
We should adopt what other countries do to punish their criminals and I guarantee you the crime rate would drop significantly. Rape a woman, Mr. Happy goes ; rob a store - off with the mitts; assault another person - get your ass beaten to a pulp; intentionally murder another human being and you take an eternal dirt nap. BUT - it will never happen here in America, unfortunately.
Or U can just send em all off 2 Middle East with a huge tag that says "I hate towelheads" hanging from their neck. They can take care off em pretty well.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:07 AM   #27
xfl2001fan
Living Legend

Member Number: 8741

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersMongol View Post
Or U can just send em all off 2 Middle East with a huge tag that says "I hate towelheads" hanging from their neck. They can take care off em pretty well.
Nah...I would go with a sign reading:

Islam is for Idiots
Muslims are weak
Let me throw my shoe at you
I'll touch you with my left hand

Or something along those lines.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,996 Times in 3,418 Posts

they offered a moment of silence for the 3 officers before the invocation at todays NASCAR race. gotta love NECKSCAR.

and i gotta commend the safety record for the PPD to go 18 years without an officer killed in the line of duty. that is great, (and a shame it had to come to end).

hearing more of the story, i really feel for the cops who werena able to help their fallen partners.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:39 PM   #29
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

These are the three courageous officers who were so tragically murdered yesterday: :

http://postgazette.com/pg/09095/960798-100.stm

Affidavit lays out details of officers' slayings

Sunday, April 05, 2009
By Jon Schmitz, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Richard Poplawski, the suspect in the killing of three Pittsburgh police officers yesterday, emerged from his Stanton Heights home after shooting two of the officers and fired additional shots into one of the victims, who was sprawled on the ground near the front stoop, a report says.

A police criminal complaint described the sequence of events that began with a domestic-violence call at 7:03 a.m. and led to the shooting deaths of Officers Paul Sciullo III, Stephen J. Mayhle and Eric Kelly at 1016 Fairfield St.

The suspect's mother, Margaret Poplawski, called 911 to say that she had argued with her son after she discovered that a dog had urinated on the floor of the house. She told police she wanted him removed.

Officers Sciullo and Mayhle radioed at 7:11 that they had arrived at the home. Mrs. Poplawski told police she opened the door and told police "come and take his ass."

When the officers were 10 feet into the residence, "she heard gunshots, turned and saw her son about six feet away with a long rifle in his hands, at which point she fled downstairs after asking him 'what the hell have you done?''' according to the report.

An unidentified witness in another house on Fairfield Street, awakened by gunfire, looked out the window and saw an officer down near the front stoop and a man standing in the doorway. The witness saw the suspect fire two or three more shots into the downed officer, later identified as Officer Mayhle, before going back inside.

Officer Timothy McManaway arrived at 7:17 and found Officer Kelly, who had responded as backup, wounded and down near his sport-utility vehicle on the street.

As he checked on Officer Kelly, more gunfire erupted from the house. Office McManaway was hit in the hand by gunfire or shrapnel as he returned fire. He later pulled Officer Kelly to cover behind the SUV. Paramedics arrived and took Officer Kelly to UPMC Presbyterian, where he died.

The report quoted Mrs. Poplawski as saying her son, after being kicked out of the Marine Corps for assaulting his drill sergeant during basic training, had been "stockpiling guns and ammunition, buying and selling the weapons online, because he believed that as a result of the economic collapse, the police were no longer able to protect society."

Mr. Poplawski was taken into custody after a siege of several hours. He faces three counts of homicide and numerous other charges.

This is the SOB who murdered these officers and personally, I think his mother bears some responsibility for her son's actions here, as she clearly knew he was stockpiling weapons and ammo and had some serious "issues".

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:56 PM   #30
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

How tragic and senseless. There's nothing that tears my heart like police officers or fireman dying in the line of duty.

And we think our jobs are tough.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote