Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 04-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #21
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Quote:
tony hipchest

what actions?
His belief system and most all of his decisions have run contrary to good economic sense, fiscal responsibility, and the principles on which this country was founded.

So I can understand why you support him.

Quote:
i support our president.
I know you do, it is quite obvious.

Quote:
im sure i will be much better in the end.
Why?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

actually, i think the chicken little, bitchers and whiners are the TRUE embarrassment to this country, as opposed to what obama represents.

anyways, my taxes havent gone up, and i still got all my rights. i'll let you worry about yours and how to pay for them.

Quote:
why?
do a search or grow a memory. youre simple solutions to this financial mess are 9th grade textbook, at best. i dont buy into the "makin' it rain" economics you swear by.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #23
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 5140
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts

Quote:
tony hipchest
actually, i think the chicken little, bitchers and whiners are the TRUE embarrassment to this country, as opposed to what obama represents.
What does Obama represent Tony? He represents the exact opposite of the principles this country was founded upon. He is an embarrassment to this country and you apparently blindly support his acts.

Quote:
you're simple solutions to this financial mess are 9th grade textbook, at best. i dont buy into the "makin' it rain" economics you swear by.
How would you know Tony? You've never even taken a course in economics.

If by simple you mean that I don't buy into Obama's trickle up tax scheme and belief that a bankrupt government should borrow trillions more dollars and make things better as opposed to capitalism and free markets, you're damn right. Does Obams's tax the hell out of the real job creators and create government jobs make sense to you?

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:22 PM   #24
tony hipchest
Supporter

[QUOTE=GBMelBlount;587019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

What does Obama represent Tony? He represents the exact opposite of the principles this country was founded upon. He is an embarrassment to this country and you apparently blindly support his acts.

you're simple solutions to this financial mess are 9th grade textbook, at best. i dont buy into the "makin' it rain" economics you swear by.

How would you know Tony? You've never even taken a course in economics. What economic theory do you believe in because Obama is telling us a bankrupt government can borrow trillions of dollars and make things better. Does that make sense to you?
i believe desperate times call for desperate measures and that the private sector run amuck consumed by greed got us caught up in this mess.

i also believe you and your entire political stance is consumed by money. i know youre against the raising of taxes, but is it your face on the dollar bill? wwjd? you know that saying, "give unto ceasar..."? i realize you dont like it, but to constantly bitch about it?
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 PM   #25
tony hipchest
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
How would you know Tony? You've never even taken a course in economics.
obama has taken WAY more courses in constitutional law than you so i guess that makes all youre ramblings a bunch of hot air.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:39 PM   #26
tony hipchest
Supporter

gb, all your deflection aside....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

im pretty sure you were one of the many convinced the evil liberal media would polish his balls no matter what he did.

...i guess you were wrong, huh?

Old 04-05-2009, 11:38 PM   #27
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

What really cracks me up, is the underlying fact that most of these articles are things that Obama was TRYING to do. Then, when the outrage came, he backed off it. Now, Tony tries to spin it as "panic articles" when in reality. . . they are articles published by the media elites. . that spurns people into action.

i also find it quite interesting that there has been NO coverage of the "tea parties" yet they are drawing more people than the "anti-war" rallies during Bush's presidency, least in the San Francisco bay area they sure are.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #28
tony hipchest
Supporter

"Now"??? ive accurately called them panic articles from jump street. ive put the fire out on plenty of them around here.

what cracks me up is all the conservatives now, nut hugging the same media they demonized just a few months ago.

as for the "tea parties" what is there to "cover"? its not even apr 15. we all know republicans like their free tea (or ANYTHING that isnt taxed, for that matter).

only a conservative would think that ANY national media would actively lobby for people to go out and stage an uneventful protest (assuming 3 cops dont get shot).

it was that case with bush... it is the same case with obama.

*"bu bu bub bub bu bubba clinton"*

(woops, sorry to mention bush. i know how sensitive you guys get about that.)

so preacher, if the press is spurning "people into action" are they "ignorant" or not? you are all over the place here. you cant have it both ways.

*another one bites the dust*
Old 04-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #29
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Actually, there has been a number of tea parties already...

As for the media... nope. it is just interesting to watch them react to a democrat president that has treated them with contempt.

As far as your "Panic articles." Well, I guess when the president says let's do this, or do that, and the press prints it, it is a panic on his part.

Not sure how posting here what the president plans to do can be considered "panic." unless you are referring to how Obama keeps screwing up out of panic.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:07 AM   #30
ShutDown24
Team President

Member Number: 3997

The media is biased, almost every major outlet of the press supports the democratic demographic. However, that doesn't mean they won't put down their own if it means getting a 'big story' (more readers).

I was going to go to school for a communications major. It's what I wanted to do my entire life, but this is the reason I quit journalism. Because I was surrounded by dumbasses who couldn't write, report on or snap a photo on any legitimate or objective grounds. I couldn't stand it.