Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2009, 05:47 AM   #31
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Quote:
GBMelBlount

How would you know Tony? You've never even taken a course in economics.
Quote:
tony hipchest response:

obama has taken WAY more courses in constitutional law than you so i guess that makes all youre ramblings a bunch of hot air.
Leave it to Tony to argue someones' economic competence because they they took law courses.

__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down

GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:59 AM   #32
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Quote:
i believe desperate times call for desperate measures and that the private sector run amuck consumed by greed got us caught up in this mess.
You do realize the crisis we are in is because of Fannie & Freddie, A COMPANY CREATED, MISMANAGED AND PRESSURED BY OUR GOVERNMENT to make bad loans that would not have been made otherwise?.....

This crisis is a textbook example of what happens when a bunch of ignorant attorneys and career politicians with little business experience or knowledge create a company to monopolize the the private sector.....and you obviously want more of it.

Greed and corruption is a human trait, Tony Not a trait of capitalism as you constantly imply. Stop embarrassing yourself with ridiculous mantra. The average politician is FAR more corrupt than the average executive in the private sector. As Nancy Pelosi correctly pointed out, there is a complete culture of corruption and deception in Washington.

You're so steeped in class envy you'd rather the government decide who get's what rather than the freedom, free markets and capitalism this country was founded on.

Quote:
i also believe you and your entire political stance is consumed by money.
You're completely wrong. I am consumed with liberty and freedom and sound economic principles that are best for this country, not big government solutions like they have in Europe, which is the reason why people fought and died for the personal freedoms this country was founded on in the first place..

You are apparently steeped in ignorance and class envy. In fact, your entire "shtick" is right out of the marxist/socialist handbook my friend. If you would like me to get quotes straight from these books and put them next to yours, one after another, just continue along this line.

I understand you've never even taking a course in economics, but now I am wondering if you ever even took a course in history......if you did, I highly doubt you would have taken this thread in the direction it is about to go....
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down


Last edited by GBMelBlount; 04-06-2009 at 08:00 AM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:18 AM   #33
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

My main problem with the liberals criticisms stem from the fact that we, as a nation, are apparently supposed to just sit back and let Obama do whatever he wants, and put our blind faith in him. It seems he is supposed to be considered above reproach. Here's why that doesn't work:

-This is the most complicated economic situation we've been in since at least the early 80's, perhaps even the early 30's.
-NOBODY knows exactly how to get us out of this.
-Obama has zero experience at the executive level with budgeting

So you're damned right I'm gonna question this guy, ESPECIALLY in light of the fact that he's broken a zillion campaign promises already and adopted so many of Bush's policies that just a few months ago he told us were complete failures...
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #34
steelreserve
Goatse + Tubgirl = $$$
 
steelreserve's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: www.meatspin.com
Posts: 4,599
Member Number: 1976
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

It's pretty well established that no matter who the president is, while he's in office everyone says he's terrible. Based on people's reaction at the time, you would think we haven't had a halfway decent president for at least 40 or 50 years. JFK was probably the last one who anyone thought was doing a good job while he was in office, or maybe even then the critics were everywhere. I wasn't alive, so I wouldn't know.
__________________
"An empty victory is a victory nonetheless."
steelreserve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:47 PM   #35
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,733
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

you must be exposed to a brand of liberal propoganda the rest of us arent privy to, or we simply ignore. i havent seen nothing that says obama is beyond reproach. appearantly, from this thread, the liberals and all the media they control, are piling on right along with everybody else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revefsreleets View Post
My main problem with the liberals criticisms stem from the fact that we, as a nation, are apparently supposed to just sit back and let Obama do whatever he wants, and put our blind faith in him. It seems he is supposed to be considered above reproach. Here's why that doesn't work:

-This is the most complicated economic situation we've been in since at least the early 80's, perhaps even the early 30's. not according to GBMacroeconomicBlount
-NOBODY knows exactly how to get us out of this. GBMelbount does
-Obama has zero experience at the executive level with budgeting. about as much as the alternative.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #36
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,733
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
Leave it to Tony to argue someones' economic competence because they they took law courses.

WHOOOOOOSH!

well that was way above your head.

lemme explain what happened to ya there- you pretty much suggested i have no idea because i havent majored in economics or because youve had youre nose in the book more than me. you assume that makes you right and me uneducated.

Quote:
How would you know Tony? You've never even taken a course in economics.

Obama is an embarrassment to this country and the principles it was founded on and you apparently support his actions,
the principals this country was founded on are laid out in the constitution. how many majors do you have in constitutional law? according to your own flawed logic, obama is right and you are wrong, so how would YOU know?

i love the armchair quarterbacking of the likes of you who think cause you can balance your own checkbook or some small business books, you can fix the entire economics simply by copying some inexact science you learned in an economic course or 2.

if it were that easy, it wouldve already been fixed. actually we wouldnt have found ourselves in this mess in the first place. we are in unchartered waters. i think you only look at this from a nationalistic point of view and arent even realizing the global implications. i say your view is shortsighted and narrow and i dont need a freaking textbook to tell me that.

why dont you run for president or treasury secretary is its so damn easy to fix? (and actually the only solution youve offered is regurgitating 30 year old trickle down principals).
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #37
revefsreleets
Living Legend
 
revefsreleets's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Akron, Ohio Home of LeBron James
Posts: 15,403
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
you must be exposed to a brand of liberal propoganda the rest of us arent privy to, or we simply ignore. i havent seen nothing that says obama is beyond reproach. appearantly, from this thread, the liberals and all the media they control, are piling on right along with everybody else...
I'm not talking about the media. Their job right now, as far as I'm concerned, is to report the positive signs of the economy turning around. That's it...I don't give a rats ass what they say about Obama one way or the other. I form my opinions of the man based on empirical data, not from talking heads reading cue cards on the boob tube.


and...

Quote:
-This is the most complicated economic situation we've been in since at least the early 80's, perhaps even the early 30's. not according to GBMacroeconomicBlount
-NOBODY knows exactly how to get us out of this. GBMelbount does
-Obama has zero experience at the executive level with budgeting. about as much as the alternative.


A) I don't think anyone is denying the fact that the economy is more complicated than it's ever been. This crisis confirms it.
B) There are fundamental differences of opinion down party lines, no doubt about it
C) McCain? Seriously? He's been a member of the Senate since 87. He was a Representative for the 4 years prior. I think Obama was a Sentaor for about 14 months before he became a full-time Presidential candidate.
__________________
Official Steelersfever Arians Nuthugger
revefsreleets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #38
GBMelBlount
Living Legend
Supporter
 
GBMelBlount's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Western PA
Posts: 6,203
Gender: Male
Member Number: 5140
Thanks: 1,138
Thanked 2,067 Times in 946 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post

i love the armchair quarterbacking of the likes of you who think cause you can balance your own checkbook or some small business books, you can fix the entire economics simply by copying some inexact science you learned in an economic course or 2.
It doesn't surprise me that you would belittle me for having been a business owner.

All I have said is that freedom, liberty, capitalism and lower taxes is a better solution than than socialism and government control of everything (as history has shown over and over)

I am also saying that your consistent characterization of capitalists as the only people that are greedy and exploitive, plus your adamant support of massive government control and and wealth distribution being a better solution than capitalism makes you look like a socialist.

Maybe someday you'll understand that greed is a human trait and the government is the most corrupt and greedy of all, but until then, each time you spew your shtick about evil greedy capitalism being the cause of all bad, and the government being the savior, you will continue to look like a socialist who is blinded by class envy.
__________________
If I could be like that,
what would I do,
What would I do..."

~ 3 Doors Down


Last edited by GBMelBlount; 04-11-2009 at 07:46 PM.
GBMelBlount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:43 AM   #39
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 38,733
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 1,661
Thanked 7,063 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Mel: "You cant shoot a cop!"

Tony Montana: "Who ses u waz won, Mel?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount View Post
It doesn't surprise me that you would belittle me for having been a business owner.
sounds like youre getting a little sensitive there GB. i must have forgotten that only someone who has taken an course in economics, a course in history, or someone who has owned a small business, can belittle people.

you really dont like it much when the shoe is on the other foot, now do you? you might wanna look in the mirror before you cry about me belittling you.

ive played pretty nice, since i like you, but your diatribe is getting old, and your posts are getting more personal in nature.

put your 2 cents where your mouth is and show everyone 1 post of mine where i think the govt should own and oversee all the production of goods and their distribution. and while youre at it, show where i think people shouldnt own anything and everything should be controlled by the state.

you cant. socialism is nothing more than a catchphrase with you.

you confuse paying taxes with socialism.
you confuse closing tax loopholes with socialism.
you confuse lobbiests not running washington as socialism.
you confuse providing everyone with healthcare with socialism (but admit our founding fathers would want to help people).
you confuse a standard and equal education for everyone as socialism.
you confuse hillary clintons book "it takes a village" with socialism. (admit it. you do, w/o even reading it.- i havent so im 99% sure you havent either)
you confuse anyone who isnt a conservative like you with socialism.
__________________
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:20 AM   #40
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Ignorant Press. . .

Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts